Hacking Gateway Downgrading

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgrade went smoothly here. 9.2 EUR. Gave in to all the success reports. Also web exploit was getting old for me pretty quick.

Followed OP instructions, and there was no linking or unlinking required. My eShop works perfectly fine on 9.4 emuNAND.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have a quick question about downgrading and original games carts:
I received a 3ds normal on 7.x and the user has almost his entire life of Pokémon in an original card.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong but if we downgrade his console back to 4.x he'll loose his Pokémon original save, as the 7.x and 4.x (even using EMUNAND) keys are different, right?

Is there any option for him, aside from remaining in 7.x and using the browser entry point?

Thanks.

gojeta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have a quick question about downgrading and original games carts:
I received a 3ds normal on 7.x and the user has almost his entire life of Pokémon in an original card.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong but if we downgrade his console back to 4.x he'll loose his Pokémon original save, as the 7.x and 4.x (even using EMUNAND) keys are different, right?

Is there any option for him, aside from remaining in 7.x and using the browser entry point?

Thanks.

único meio que conheço seria usando power saver com ele pegaria save do cartucho após isso decrypt o save e coloca em uma rom.

------
only way I know would be using power saver with him would take cartridge save after that decrypt the save and put in a rom .

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should this thread be stickied? I'm not ready to downgrade as I'd rather wait for N3DS for system transfer, then play around with this feature. But also seems to be a great place to go for a guide when needing to downgrade a system.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
único meio que conheço seria usando power saver com ele pegaria save do cartucho após isso decrypt o save e coloca em uma rom.

------
only way I know would be using power saver with him would take cartridge save after that decrypt the save and put in a rom .
Is this feasible/possible?
So I would extract the save with savedatafiler and inject in a rom?

EDIT: Oh you mean power saver. ..

RonnieDobbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I successfully downgraded to 4.2 by going through steps 1-10. But when I try to use the blue card for the exploit by selecting "Deep Labyrinth" all I get is an error message. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated :)

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Didn't think this was a question worthy of a new thread, so I'm asking it here. After the system has been downgraded, is it safe to update it again through normal nintendo servers/game cards? (Not talking about higher firmware nand backups)

RonnieDobbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does your blue card microsd root look like?
blue card root looks like this
Gateway-02.jpg

user1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is at 6.x and I'm looking to upgrade the system nand FW to 9.2.
I know I can downgrade from 6.x to 4.x and then emunand to 9.x but I want the convenience of having boot straight into 9.x.
Is it possible to upgrade to a specific FW version using the Gateway downgrade feature?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is at 6.x and I'm looking to upgrade the system nand FW to 9.2.
I know I can downgrade from 6.x to 4.x and then emunand to 9.x but I want the convenience of having boot straight into 9.x.
Is it possible to upgrade to a specific FW version using the Gateway downgrade feature?
I hate to break it to you but you can't get to 9.2 unless you have a sysnand backup. The best you can do is 8.1 with the SSB cart. Maybe there will be a game release with 9.x on it but there are not any right now.

Reactions: user1984

otherstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me with understanding the procedures before downgrading? I have read alot of contradictory information and am rather confused. I have played a few games on 9.4 emunand and a legit Fantasy Life cart on sysnand 9.2. I am not worried about losing my fantasy life saves, but I want to ensure that eshop and my rom saves on emunand are kept working. Do I:
1. format sysnand, log in with NNID again then downgrade,
2. simply downgrade to 4.5 without formatting anything OR
3. format sysnand, downgrade to 4.5 WITHOUT logging in with my NNID?

Thanks in advance :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay