Gaming Resident Evil Wii!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Heres some pictures from the exclusive Resident Evil for Nintendo Wii!
The Name will be "Resident Evil Umbrella Corp. Chronicle", kinda sucky... but oh well Capcom will show some footage of the game in Tokyo Game Show, between 22 & 24 of this month.
The story will take place between RE: Code Veronica & RE4, showing most of the characters of the game series, and will take place in some old places seen in other RE Games, such as the Mansion and the Police Station in Racoon City.
The game will be more of an action game, then a Survivor Horror ( WHY CAPCOM WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY) like RE4.

Scan Oneee
Scan Twooo

Edit: Darn it... wrong Forum Section... i'm terribly sorry z.z

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Those pictures of the guys using the Wiimotes on the second scan are infact already existing promo shots, seems a little suspicious that they worked there way in there from screenshots of other games.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I don't trust GameWave... :/ that was crappy mag getting news from the internets, but I always seemed to pick it up whenever I went to get a Slurpee. (used to live in HK lol)

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In the second scan, bottom left, you can clearly see (next to the wiimote dude) a playstation 2 controller icon. The pic is most probably from RE 4 (There's BH4 written somewhere). But it does seem weird to put it next to a guy holding a wiimote...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's talking about something called Biohazard: Umbrella Corp Chronicle and looks like it lists Biohazard, Biohazard 2, Biohazard 3, Biohazard: Code Veronica, and Biohazard 4. Maybe a complilation is coming to the next gen systems or something.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
This is looking more and more like a Dead Aim style light gun game. Let's hope it's a little more involved than that...

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
got this off GAF:

Biohazard Wii indepth
Extensive information on the gameplay and content of RE:Wii has surfaced.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).
-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.
-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
-Scenario mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.
-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.
-Trailer coming at TGS.

Sounds good!

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So RE Wii is basically a remake of the all the original numbered RE games, except in the style of RE4? I'm curious about why they are including RE4, because it's such a recent game, and they're keeping its gameplay style.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Capcom knows its way around the Cube's development kit for sure, the current RE's are amazing so I am really looking forward to this. Actually RE is one of my favorite series EVER and a major deciding factor on what consoles I buy. Hopefully 360 will get RE5 and my Wii can play the classics with updated graphics. I am a bit bummed they are getting rid of the RE4s find ammo everywhere game play however the fact that you can play arcade mode which will be "like mercenaries" is a big plus cause to me that may have been the best part of RE4. Not sure what the Wiimote will offer and if nothing then I have to wonder if all systems will be getting this? Either way I am happy with this news.

Big Stu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 is up there with my all time favourite games so i can't wait for this.

I don't think the game will be retreading on the things that the previous games already touched on. If there's any justice, this game will concentrate on things behind the scenes (off the top of my head, such as Barry's whereabouts in Resident Evil, or Luis' beginnings in Resident Evil 4) so there'll be plenty of new content if they work it like that. Here's is what's said to be how the game is going to work...

Chapter 1 The Spencer Mansion
Chapter 2 Raccoon Police Department
Chapter 3 Raccoon City
Chapter 4 The Village from RE4

I also think this will be one of the most graphically impressive Wii titles as well. Resi 4 pushed the Gamecube so hard, so with a little added power behind them Capcom should be able to come up with the goods again. And if i'm thinking right (doesn't happen often), this is only the third time Capcom have had a full DVD's worth of space to work with on a proper Resident Evil title (i exclude the forgettable gun games) that isn't a port.

Some bits of Resi Chronicles can found here on the official Capcom boards, and there's a short trailer here as well.

Anyone still excited about this game? I think it's pretty likely we'll see this before Resident Evil 5 on the 360 and PS3 as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!