Gaming Resident Evil Revelations best looking game on 3DS

Corbra1020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know I'm late on this since the game has been out for AWHILE now but from what I can say. I think its the best looking game on the 3ds, and I'm big on graphics and I can't believe I'm saying this but I think this comes close to Xbox 360 graphics, with 3d on this is capcoms best work yet, they cranked up the graphics, for this new resident evil and leaving mercenaries simply a launch title in the dust. I really hope another game that comes out comes as looking good as it.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It must be for the shaders the 3Ds has, and man, there is Monster Hunter that looks better than the Wii version, and Castlevania too, most for the 3D effect they gave ande the dept of the background. Those are, for me, the best looking games so far.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
MTFramework is incredible in how scalable it is. The 3DS version of Revelations has some pretty high quality models and textures, and with 3D off it uses 2x MSAA. And it maintains this at a constant 30fps, only dipping in the loading areas.
The 3DS may not be a powerhouse, but it's decent enough.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
MTFramework is incredible in how scalable it is. The 3DS version of Revelations has some pretty high quality models and textures, and with 3D off it uses 2x MSAA. And it maintains this at a constant 30fps, only dipping in the loading areas.
The 3DS may not be a powerhouse, but it's decent enough.
I'd love to see if Capcom's new Panta Rhei engine is scalable too, another title on the 3DS with console-like graphics is Nano Assualt/EX, holy moly that game is beautiful

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All of you can call me the greatest dumb in the history, because I forgot this one^, really amazing looking game, loved every stage for the gorgeous sceneries.
Yep, best 3ds game I've played, Such great music too!
But in terms of graphics... its prob not the best, but it sustains the best frame rates that I've seen with that level of graphics.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's funny that you brought this up.

Amazing, just, wow... the only difference would be obviously the image resolution and the detail of the textures, but the atmosphere given to both versions is still the same, also I note that the 3DS version has a little more of "light reflection".

I guess no one bothered to care about how pretty Kingdom Hearts looks on the 3DS.

Yes, it does look beautifull, but nothing impresive since Birth by Sleep looks very similar, the only difference I can take of those two is the color depth, 'cause BbS runs at 16 bit color, and 3DS runs at 32 bit color, and yep, I know you can change that on the settings in BbS, but needs more horsepower from the console, thing that isn't really needed on the 3DS. And one thing that dissapointed me a bit from KH 3D were the frame rate drops with the battle system and combos.

SoupaFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]
and with 3D off it uses 2x MSAA.
[...]
Glad to see I'm not the only one to notice this and maybe it's just PC gaming that's spoiled me but it seems like most games I own for the 3DS lose any anti-aliasing they once 3D is activated. Also what other 3DS games actually use mutli-sampling AA to some degree because it hasn't occurred to me to look into it yet..?

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to see I'm not the only one to notice this and maybe it's just PC gaming that's spoiled me but it seems like most games I own for the 3DS lose any anti-aliasing they once 3D is activated. Also what other 3DS games actually use mutli-sampling AA to some degree because it hasn't occurred to me to look into it yet..?
I know that most 1st party games use it, and all of Capcom's games do.
Basically the extra horsepower used to render the image horizontally twice when 3D is on is instead used for MSAA when the 3D, which is why it's lost when it's on.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Power wise it's no way near X360 level, but lower res combined with a smaller screen and it can visually look good with a 2008 GPU filling in the gaps. With 3D cranked to the highest level, the visuals become even more impressive.

Now if only they had a more impressive CPU chip, it could have handled better frame-rate or more AI on screen for some games.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am continually blow away by the amount of detail the 3DS can push. Kid Icarus is pretty impressive for the 3DS's relativity weak hardware.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Power wise it's no way near X360 level, but lower res combined with a smaller screen and it can visually look good with a 2008 GPU filling in the gaps. With 3D cranked to the highest level, the visuals become even more impressive.

Now if only they had a more impressive CPU chip, it could have handled better frame-rate or more AI on screen for some games.
A better CPU would have decreased battery life, the current chip has a good power to battery ratio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...