Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This may be an easy cashin, but if it's not too expensive I'll certainly buy it! I still want to play this game, and the RE4 controls were much better on the Wii!

I hope it will be possible to use the Cube controller... And I hope this motivates Capcom to make RE5 for the Wii
biggrin.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
OH WOW!!!!

It's not going to be an On-Rail Shooter, it is?

So it's like RE4?

If it is, THEN IT'S WOOOW!!!

I hope it will be possible to use the Cube controller... And I hope this motivates Capcom to make RE5 for the Wii
biggrin.gif
Oh Yeah!! So True!!!!!!! I can1t imagine myself playng without the Wii controls on the PS3 .>

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
This may be an easy cashin, but if it's not too expensive I'll certainly buy it! I still want to play this game, and the RE4 controls were much better on the Wii!

biggrin.gif
So let me get this straight.
You want to play the port of a game you can ALREADY BUY FOR FIVE BUCKS USED, AND PLAY WITH THE GC controller...
You want it to be a wii-specific game... With gamecube controls...?

I honestly would like to know what different things you would expect from this port if it isn't waggle.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country

biggrin.gif

So let me get this straight.
You want to play the port of a game you can ALREADY BUY FOR FIVE BUCKS USED, AND PLAY WITH THE GC controller...
You want it to be a wii-specific game... With gamecube controls...?

I honestly would like to know what different things you would expect from this port if it isn't waggle.
Well he said that he would like a option to play with gamecube controls and since gamecube controlls allready are coded then that should not be hard for them.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard this was a rumour a while ago and I thought "well if it does turn out to be true than I hope that its more like RE4 and that its a port but with a new game engine". Looking at the screens, its the same game. Maybe if it was a Wiiware game, or even part of a compilation than sure why not.

So thanks Capcom, I did have a lot of respect for you but then you went ahead and ported a GCN game that would have been an N64 game. The game itself is decent enough its just that the gameplay was just way too stiff, it became when Code Veronica came out, if that's not changed than I'll give it a miss.

I hope there are changes and that after this they give up on all the the Wiimakes. RE:UC yes that was good but it was another rehash, RE4 Wii a classic and the best version but another rehash.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
What was rehashed about REUC? None of the levels reminded me of the gun survivor games.

superrob : it boggles my mind. he can have the game NOW with gamecube controls. right the fuck NOW, he can get out and browse the bargain bin. why hope the port will have them? I mean.. why pay 60 bux for a game only to ask it to behave like the 5 bux version?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was rehashed about REUC? None of the levels reminded me of the gun survivor games.

superrob : it boggles my mind. he can have the game NOW with gamecube controls. right the fuck NOW, he can get out and browse the bargain bin. why hope the port will have them? I mean.. why pay 60 bux for a game only to ask it to behave like the 5 bux version?
Well it did basically reused previous games locations and themes. I didn't mention anything about the Gun Survivor games.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting it will be $30 like RE4: Wii Edition was.

And I've almost exhausted RE4 on the Wii. I've played through it twice, got the infinite ammo gun and infinite rocket launcher. Played all the side missions and got all the bottlecaps.

But yeah, I haven't played Resident Evil 0, so I'm looking forward to it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
just play the gamecube version of resident evil.

there probably wont be much difference other than controls and extra little features not worth buying the game again.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can the controls be like RE4 when the perspective is not the over the shoulder view of RE4?

When I first read about this, I thought about a real REMAKE that would play and look similar to RE4, but not about this PORT.

No thanks. As Hitto says, just get the Gamecube version...

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“Yes, this title exists… for Japan. There are no plans for a Western release for the title at this time. And now, I’ll bet we see all sorts of complaints about that fact, after pages of outrage on that the title even exists with people telling us to “go to Hell” or how we “suck”. We simply can not win”- Christian Svensson, Capcom

I think it'll be released elsewhere by the end of the year.

Rethinking about this there is no reason to be outraged, if you don't want it...don't get it but its a shame that they'd spend development time on this instead of maybe a new RE title or even a Cannon Spike sequel.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The only improvement I could think of is if it runs at 480p and/or 16:9. Other than that, the Player's Choice version would be a better deal all around...

Damn fine game though...
grog.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The resident evil series showed its age on the GameCube. Having the new engine in Resident Evil 4 was well overdue. Lets hope as well as 0 they decide to give them all the new gaming engine.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
CAPCOM is announcing that the game will be exclusive for Japan..

Well.. considering how CAPCOM is going lately.. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their minds if the game sells well in Japan.. ¬¬

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's see...Capcom ported both 2 & 3 to GCN, but we ended up with the most amazing survival / horror game toward the end of the Cube's life cycle. So, we've gotten a port of RE4 and now we'll be seeing a port of 0 on Wii. Hopefully, the full cycle will repeat itself, and we'll see another awesome survival / horror game from Capcom make its way to Wii.

Doesn't hurt to hope... :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing