Reset Glitch JTAG - how hard is to set games for running with it ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xraven13, May 2, 2012.

1. xraven13
    OP

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Hi there !

I have LT 2.0 on my Slim, and currently I cannot run any games because I connected to Live at the wrong time ( few months ago ) :)... So now I need to install new LT ( 3.0 ) or Reset Glitch JTAG...

So I called the service that does it, and they said to me that installing JTAG would be a bad idea because according to them it's really messy, and frustrating to run games from external HDD on JTAG...
    I mentioned I had PS3 with CFW, and I was running backups from HDD, but they say that it's not nearly simple as it is with PS3 ...

Are they telling me the truth ? Can someone provide me with a tutorial how to run backups from external HDD on Reset Glitched JTAG ?

Thx.

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's not hard to run them from the hdd. Once the reset glitch hack has been done, you can just extract the iso to the hdd, then run it using one of the alternate dashboards or you can convert them to a GOD container and run them straight from the Microsoft dash.

3. xraven13
    OP

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Ok, thanks. Just one more thing. Can I run games from external USB HDD or I need to copy games to internal ?

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    You can use a external drive but the Internal uses SATA 2 and is faster.

Besides you can upgrade the internal HDD to any sized HDD.

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    I don't know about RG (I assume it's the same, but I just don't have experience with it), but with JTAG it's trivial to play games from HDD. Only problem is multidisk games, but with recent versions of Freestyle Dash, even this can be simple.

You can run games just fine from USB, that's where I run all of mine from. I keep the space on the 360's drive for saves, DLC, and XBLArcade games.

6. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    RGH and jTAG are just the hacks used to run unsigned code.

Their hardware whilst FSD is software.

If one game doesn't run on a jTAG then it won't run on a RGH.
    It all comes down to the software that is on the 360.

Imho you can better utilize the internal HDD for game loading to save both time and space (no ugly bulky external HDD next to the console)

Besides it's easier to just take the console with you then to take the console + HDD + cables etc to a friend.