[Research] FE: SOV Save Discussion

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Koko-Kun, May 25, 2017.

1. darkliteth

darkliteth Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    Thailand
    I miss to recruit Atlas , Can someone give me a char block
    thanks

2. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    Can someone please add Berkut and Fernand To my save
    im a noob at hex editing sooo....
    its already decompressed btw.

Attached Files:

3. Phyzyzyks

Phyzyzyks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    Update: I figured it out.

It turns out I had it right in the beginning. I never reloaded the save in JKSM so of course nothing was happening (ie I'm am idiot). Thank you all for the assistance.

4. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    @Koko-Kun Fell Dragon class ID F1 19 56 5F DF A7 CD 95

5. turttheturtle

turttheturtle Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    Canada
    is it possible to change a normal save game to a hard mode save?

6. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    nvm using Deathchaos's berkut + fernand file i just copied their hex id and got berkut just like that (now i just need to know which is fernands id)
    any help Deathchaos?? =D

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Jun 9, 2017
  7. Chaotik

Chaotik GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2009
    Awesome work here, but I'm a little curious, can Fernand even promote to Gold Knight? (and perhaps Skogul?) Will it work without any flaws?

Last edited by Chaotik, Jun 12, 2017
  8. TsuboiKlein

TsuboiKlein Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    United States
    I created an account to ask this. So, I'm pretty new at Hex editing and I wanted to fix up some stats that I messed up during my playthrough of the game. The stat I was trying to fix had the same number for all of the characters that were afflicted by it (it was movement btw) and I acted like an idiot and replaced all of the values that corresponded to the movement value: 50 (or 32 in Hex sense) to 01 in Hex form. I compressed my save and loaded the game up perfectly with the stats fixed but with a few errors in the game.

Edit: To give a little bit more context to what was bugged in the game, it consisted of items in the convoy being missing (not very important however), a message saying the DLC was corrupt, and a longer loading time loading up the extra data for the game. Did I do something wrong with my mess up?

Update: I gave a shot at fixing the issue comparing the old save with the messed up one and fixed it through simple means of careful replacement. I have everyone back to normal and everything is intact now.

Last edited by TsuboiKlein, Jun 13, 2017
  9. Kikolasi3D

Kikolasi3D Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    Hi, first of all, thanks for your amazing work :)

I've tried adding the amiibos, Deen, Berkut and Fernand, but every time I enter in my save my game crashes. I've tried everything but I can't get it to work. I'm using a cartridge EUR version in Spanish in a japanese Old 3DS, if something of this may cause a problem. For exporting/importing, I'm using the JKSV. And in the save I'm just before entering to defeat
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    . I attach my main save with all that I've done (adding chars and all, doing the guide step by step) decompressed. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I solved it, it was a total noob error jajajaja I miss understood the "0x21 + 0x7" part, I thought that in my case I had to do 0x21 + 0x10, but I had to do 0x21 + 10. If someone doesn't know how to do all of this or has a problem doing it, since I've done it succesfully, I can do it for you, just pass me your save and tell me the charas you want to add.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kikolasi3D, Jun 17, 2017
    Alleonardo likes this.
  10. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I'm looking for Alm's stats. My Alm has 28 HP, 10 ATK, 7 SKL, 6 SPD, 7 LCK, 5 DEF, 4 RES, and 5 MOV. I use HxD and I used the find function to type in 1C 0A 07 06 (Alm's HP, ATK, SKL, and SPD.) but it said it can't find it. What did I do wrong?

I also tried to add 30 (It's 0xE1 when reversed) Gold Marks to another one of my save files but it didn't work and I still have 2 Gold Marks.

So I found Alm's Character ID and 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 was in the place where Alm's stats should be. Is this because I haven't given Alm any experience or leveled him up at all? These are the 8 bytes that comes after that: 1C FF FF FF FF 00 01 00. My Alm's HP is 28 and 28 in Hex is 1C.

Last edited by Natural, Jun 16, 2017 - Reason: Found something.
  11. cercity

cercity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    Character blocks for Rudolf and The Creation:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

SommenRider, Shiro-san and Kikolasi3D like this.
  12. Kikolasi3D

Kikolasi3D Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    Does someone know how to add images to the amiibo characters at the bottom screen? If possible, without patching

13. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    You can't.

Every character in the game has their images assigned through the ROM.

Even generics have their image assigned in their character block, this wasn't the case in Fates though.

Kikolasi3D likes this.
  14. Alleonardo

Alleonardo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    Guam
    Hey, is still possible for you to add my Berkut and Fernand to my save file? I've tried to compress my save file using FEST but its not working so i just discarded the changes and now I'm stuck. :( I'd really appreciate the help!
    NOTE: The save file isn't decompressed btw, sorry :/

Attached Files:

15. Kikolasi3D

Kikolasi3D Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    Sorry for the waiting, I was on a travel, try with this one I've edited.

Attached Files:

Alleonardo likes this.
  16. hollablack2

hollablack2 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Anyone got a 100% save file with all the acheivements unlocked?

17. Alleonardo

Alleonardo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    Guam
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It really worked and I appreciate it so much! Thank you!!!:lol::rofl2::cry:

Last edited by Alleonardo, Jul 8, 2017
  18. GrimaTheEnd

GrimaTheEnd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Hi, anyone here know how I can make a character to have any music when that character battle? I want to make Rudolf to have his music theme every time I use him in battle.

19. Jesus Sarmiento

Jesus Sarmiento Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Bronx, New York
    Hi, I'll just be straight-forward. I have no idea, if any a small concept, on how hex editing works. I just want to the amiibo characters and Sonya into my save. Rather than asking someone to do it for me (because that would be on someone elses time and that's work that they have to do), could someone who knows how to add the characters guide me on how to add them. I extracted my save with JKSM and i have Chapter0, Chapter1, and Global files extracted. I believe I'm supposed to use something called FEAT (Fire Emblem Archive Tool) to edit the file Chapter0. Could someone please help me?

20. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    That's not something you can accomplish via save editing.

Read the first post in its entirety, everything is explained there.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted