[Research] FE: SOV Save Discussion

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Koko-Kun, May 25, 2017.

1. Jesus Sarmiento

Jesus Sarmiento Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Bronx, New York
    Thanks for the early reply. Upon using FEAST to open the folder containing Chapter0, Chapter1, and Global, an unhandled exception occurred and continuing didn't do it. I tried opening the folder with only one of each file in the folder at a tine but no progress. If the file Global isn't in the folder, the tool instead aborts. Is there any way to fix this issue?

2. Jesus Sarmiento

Jesus Sarmiento Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Bronx, New York
    I give up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the application but it won't work with any of the files. Should anyone be so kind, I will leave a zip of my save files if anyone should decide to add the amiibo characters and Sonya into my game for me. I've tried using FEAST and it doesn't want to work with my files, for what ever reason. I tried SaveDataFiler but I can't figure that out either. There is nothing more I can do. If anyone decide to add in the characters for me I'd be grateful.

Attached Files:

3. Kikolasi3D

Kikolasi3D Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    Try this one I've edited, I can't test it right now because I don't have my 3ds, but it should work fine. The one I've edited is the Chapter 0 (the first slot in the game).

Also, I've tested this ones and they work, @Koko-Kun if you can add them to the main post it would be great. (I don't know why The Creation's one doesn't appear in the quote, at least for me, but the message can be found in page 7)

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kikolasi3D, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Jesus Sarmiento

Jesus Sarmiento Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Bronx, New York
    My name might be Jesus, but you sir, are a god. You have my gratitude. I'm unsure how you were able to edit the save data, but perhaps I'm just not understanding it. Once again, thank you.

5. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Awake when nobody else is.
    Some quick questions.

1. Anybody know what Berkut & Fernand's growth rates are? I just thought it would be interesting to know.

2. Do Berkut & Fernand have Final Battle dialogue? Same as above.

3. About unused/removed skills, is there a pointer in the direction I could get as to how to add them in? Where and how in hex or whatever? I'm mainly looking to get my hands on Paragon and Anti-Dragons for experimenting.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kafkakama, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Shiro-san

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    Found a couple more character ids for the DLC units.

Shade and Yuzu IDs

Obviously won't work if you don't have the dlc... And idk if it'll be different for everybody since it's dlc. Working on getting the other two nonetheless.

Also, is there a way to add more spells yet? I reclassed Shade into a witch, she's level 20 now and she only knows Fire and Thunder.

EDIT: Accidentally gave Tobin's ID instead of Yuzu's. Should be fixed now.

Last edited by Shiro-san, Jul 13, 2017
  7. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Olmectron is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game

Good sir.

Are you the one who figured out the offset header for when editing saves?

Whatever, you just solved a big problem for me!

So, thanks a lot!

8. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    mind adding Fernand, Rudolf and The Creation for me?(its not decompressed sorry =/)

Attached Files:

9. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Hmm, I'm not new to hex editing so I believe I did it right, I see Deen and Sonya, I'm only like Act 2 a few battles in as Celica, do the Amiibo units only show up in Alm's army? don't believe I can check atm or did I screw something up? :P

10. Shiro-san

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    @Ishtiaq1234 I added Fernand, The Creation, and Rudolf to your file. Should be working fine, since I also tested it.

edit: forgot to mention that they should all be near the bottom of your units, right above Genny.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Shiro-san, Jul 14, 2017
  11. Ishtiaq1234

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Thanks it worked!!

12. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Amiibo units all have the name Illusory Unit; is there any way to change it, patching or otherwise?

When added, The Creation has the Dark Spikes skill in its list; is there any way that it can use it?

Robin as an amiibo unit only has Thunder; does he learn Thoron later?

13. Shiro-san

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    @Kafkakama There is a way to change it via romhacking. In the /m/(whatever language and version you have, ex. @NOA_EN) folder, there is a file called Name.bin.lz. That holds all the names of the units in the game. Each illusory unit has their own name, thankfully, and appears as such in the file:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

For your convenience, you can just overwrite them with this:
    You can edit it by using FEAT, editing the txt file, and then using FEAT to recompress it. I'd attach my own Name.bin.lz, but I added some extra edits of my own. changing berkut to berküt

As for the other two questions, I don't think I can answer them since I have not put the units in the game. But considering amiibo units were not meant to level up in Echoes, I imagine that Robin will, at best, hold the default mage spells (fire and thunder.) This was the case with the witch class, which I turned Shade into, and those were the only 2 spells she learned.

Kafkakama likes this.
  14. Kafkakama

Kafkakama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Worked perfectly. Thanks!

15. GrimaTheEnd

GrimaTheEnd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Anyone know how I can find the Bosses character blocks? I don't want anyone to do it for me, I only need someone that can explain how to find their character blocks. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GrimaTheEnd, Jul 20, 2017
  16. MattClep123

MattClep123 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    United States
    @Shiro-san would u be able to help me patch in a few characters please? I just want Berkut, Rudolph, and Fernand. If you could help, that would be epic.

Attached Files:

17. Ishtiaq1234

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    did this messing about wid gateshark2ntr but i finally made it so you can recruit any character you want
    so far i added jedah and slayde to test it out ill post the plg here
    i gt the codes from @KunoichiZ's Github because i wanted to practice makin plugins for SoV so i used the recruit characters one and it worked
    so enjoy your jedah and slayde whilst i add more characters i guess
    heres the link to the character id's and the recruit character codes if your interested in making your own.
    https://github.com/KunoichiZ/SoVEU-NTR-Plugin/blob/master/Character ID list.txt
    https://github.com/KunoichiZ/SoVEU-NTR-Plugin/blob/master/Individual Cheats/Recruit Character (Hold L & Go to Order Menu) v1.1.txt
    heres gateshark2ntr so u dont need to go looking left and right for it
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-gateshark2ntr.436504/
    P.S ill be making my own thread for this soon if it is really necessary unless someone else makes one first
    (this is European btw ill be doing it for US and maybe Japan later unless someone else does it first)
    tell me if u find any issues with it

EDIT: Actually ill make a thread after i add about 10-15 characters and also ask if you have a request i will be going for Rinea next because well i cant be breakin berkuts heart any more i already made him "kill" her...
    EDIT 2: you can also use this to make ur .plg
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-plugin-manager.457613/

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Jul 21, 2017
    Shiro-san, xJoelituh and BranFlakes like this.
  18. BranFlakes

BranFlakes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    Bump

Last edited by BranFlakes, Aug 9, 2017
  19. hiten

hiten GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2007
    Indonesia
  20. Kikolasi3D

Kikolasi3D Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    Berkut (Duma) + Kriemhild (Don't promote to Skrogul because when it does it changes to a default model of Skrogul, Clive's model):

Marla:

All credits to @Koko-Kun for his resources, and @DeathChaos25 for his original Berkut that I used as base for the Duma one (for Marla I used Robin's amiibo, I don't know if there is any difference, but it works the same).

Last edited by Kikolasi3D, Jul 26, 2017
    Shiro-san likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted