FreddeX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just built a new computer and when I go to gbatemp.net it says "board adminstrators requires all members to login" - since when is this a requirement and how come I can see there are 400ish visitors (=not logged in) on the site. Okey I've logged in now, but I actually thought this was some "phishing front" (so I refused to do so yesterday).

I guess I was logged in (and remembered) with my old computer for a long time, so this maybe isn't new, but I couldn't see anything about this on the forums ... and again, how can there be 400 visitors (and 600 logged in users)?

Just asking ... anyone care to mention why?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Even though they can't view the board, visitors are still counted.
We require all visitors to log in because we cannot withstand the huge amount of traffic generated by the near release of the Super Smash Bros Brawl wii game.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
On the page that you see when you're not logged in, there is the text:
QUOTE said:
If you only wish to check if SSBB has been released, you might aswell use our Wii Releases RSS feed: click here.
with a link to http://gbatemp.net/rss.php?show=00010. However, you cannot reach that link without logging in, even though the wording suggests that you should be able to get to it without logging in. Is that correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy