ROM Hack Request to get FR saves of Prof Layton roms with Wifi additional content

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I have the 4 Layton games on Nintendo DS and realized a few days ago that I didn't have the extra weekly puzzles which were available only downloading via Wifi.
So I tried to download these puzzles, but realized it was no more possible because since May 20th 2014, it is no longer possible to download additional free content for Nintendo DS/DSi software.

So I had a look and found it was possible to access to these additional weekly puzzles using Action Replay code and usrcheat.dat file. Using them with my DSTwo linker, it worked but there are troubles:
  1. After activation of the cheats, you can't save anymore in the game or else, list of enigms is corrupted
  2. And when cheat is activated, it is a mess: the enigms are not in correct order, or they don't have names, etc...
I found on the internet 4 .sav files containing these additional puzzles for the 4 games... but they are US ones, and as I am French, I have the French roms of these games and they are not compatible :-(

My question is simple: is there a French guy which have the .sav files containing all weekly puzzles because he had the good idea to download the puzzles when they were available+save them ?

I would need the .sav of the following gameid:
  1. A5FP: Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Europe)
  2. YLTF: Professeur Layton et la Boite de Pandore (France)
  3. C3JF: Professeur Layton et le Destin Perdu (France)
  4. BLFF: Professeur Layton et l'Appel du Spectre (France)

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to you, I was able to download the additional puzzles through the server !
I was not aware about this solution :)

I have another question. I am downloading through the server different dlcs... I downloaded the ones for the 4 Layton games, and also Picross DS/3D ones. But.... I am seeing I have no more free space in the internal memory of the DS. Then I added a SD card in my DS, hoping I would be able to add additional content there, but it is not possible :(

Indeed, in the Sytem settings of the DS, I don't have the "Data management" option to manage data between internal memory and SD card, because I never accessed DSiware previously on the DS. I saw on the internet that the "Data management" option was ativated only acccessing at least 1 time to DSiware.... which is stupid. But as DSiware is no more available, I don't have the option...

So no possibility for me to transfer the DLCs of internal memory to SD card... But anyways, maybe dlcs can be available only in internal memory of the DS and can't be transferred on SD card ?

But in this case, how can I add other DLCs as I don't have any memory on DS ? I wanted to add DLCs for Solatorobo, Dragon Quest I, WarioWare....
Do I need to make a choice and can't install all of them ?

Or is there any solution to my trouble ?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The original DS had no internal memory or SD cards. DS games with DLC save it to the cartridge.

What happens if you try to purchase DSiWare from the shop channel? It hasn't been closed in America at least.

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understood why I was not accessing to DSiWare... I didn't remove the DNS settings set to access to server with DLCs.
So now I was able to access to DSiWare and I have the "data management" option in System settings.

You are saying that DS has no internal memory and if I understood well your answer, DLCs I am adding are in fact added to .sav of 512k of the game (in my microSD card)? (I am using a DSTwo flashcard for info). So indeed, it explains why I can't download all additionnal picross of "Picross 3D" game (there ar many puzzles... which probably exceed 512k...).

Do you think I will be able to download through server full dlc for Solatorobo, Dragon Quest, WarioWare.... ? 512k is not so much in my mind for each game... :(

Is there a way to extend the size of .sav of the games for dstwo flashard ?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Right if a legit DS cart has only 512k of save memory, that's all there is.
Modern flash cards don't have such a limit, with microSDs now reaching 200gb. But you'd have to hack the game to see and use more space...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)