1. froid_san

OP froid_san GBAtemp Regular

Here’s an English port of Catherine: Full Body since Atlus decided not to localize it to the Vita then to rub more salt in our wounds decided to make a poll and include this game to one of the possible games to be ported to the switch. Oh yeah, Before I start and probably wondering how is this possible. I don’t have any secret hacks or exploits for the PS4 to get the English assets. This is just good old-fashioned transcribing text from numerous videos on YouTube and my own gameplay. So, most of the untranslated text you may see are text that I have not encounter during my numerous playthrough.

Since there’s a bit progress on the PS4 scene about backporting and decrypting higher firmware games. I decided to wait for that process to mature, be public and have more comprehensive guide before completing this port and save myself from manually typing what I see on the screen. The port is mostly playable, probably 80% and if you play just the story and ignoring random dialogs of the NPC’s you’ll mostly see English text and get all the 13 endings and since today is the anniversary of the release date of this game for the vita here’s the playable BETA English port for everyone to enjoy.

Change log:
    v0.80 (Initial BETA release)

What’s translated:
    ○ All Images that contain text used in menu’s and such
    ○ Regular Menu/Navigation Text
    ○ 99% of the Cut-scene and FMV
    ○ 90% of the cellphone messages
    ○ 80% of the NPC on the Lounge and Landings (nightmare)
    ○ All Confessional Questions
    ○ 70% Quotes on loading screen

What’s NOT translated:
    ○ Most of the Multiplayer mode (PS4 version needs PS+ so can’t see the text there)
    ○ Arrow labels

Known bugs:
    Some text that on cellphone and confessional may have cuts
    Maybe some typo’s (since again it’s a manual port and English is not my native language)
    Others, you can message me if you found one.

Requirements:
    ○ Hacked Vita (Enso/h-encore 3.60/3.65/3.68/3.73)
    ○ Repatch plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
    ○ NoNpDrm plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
    ○ Vitashell
    ○ FTP program (Winscp recommended)
    ○ This English patch

Link:
    English windows xdelta patcher for rePatch v0.80 (15.3MB)

How to patch (Windows):
    01. Install the Game on your Vita or insert cart and also install the game update v1.03
    02. Test the game if it working fine.
    03. Extract English patch archive to a folder. ex: “C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher”
    04. Using Vitashell browse gro0:app/ (if cart) or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
    05. Highlight the PCSG01179 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted
    06. Press Select and connect Via FTP
    07. Using your favorite FTP application on the PC, browse gro0:app/ (if cart)
    or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
    08. Copy PCSG01179 folder to the PC (C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher) folder and rename it to PCSG01179_base
    09. Browse ux0: patch/ on your Vita again using Vitashell.
    10. Highlight PCSG01179 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted
    11. Again on FTP application on the PC, browse ux0: patch/
    12. Copy PCSG01179 folder to the PC (C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher) folder and rename it to PCSG01179_update
    13. Run patch_decrypted.bat, follow its instruction and wait for it to finish patching

How to install:
    1. Copy the contents of inside Copy_to_VITA_ux0 folder to your Vita’s ux0 folder, be sure to have NoNpDrm and rePatch plugin (v3.0) properly installed and working.
    2. Run the game.

Additional Notes:
    You may also need to sync your vita clock online on the Settings -> Date & Time -> Date & Time Settings -> Set via Internet. well the game instructs you anyways.
    ○ You need to have a overclock plug-in if you used the English mod with 960×544 resolution patch.
    ○ If there are major bug’s and you want it to be fixed, contact me and send a screenshot of it or the text before or after the text bug.

Special thanks:
    Earl for Beta testing.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 5:23 PM
  2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Thanks you, but I only upload patches from an android phone. So it's kind a no for me atm.

3. Belmondo

Belmondo GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Thank you! literally remembered about this game last week and searched for an english patch.

Already giving it a spin!

What plugin do you recommend for overclocking?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 2:01 AM
  4. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you for this! Do you know if the english audio will work to some degree?

5. froid_san

OP froid_san GBAtemp Regular

I have no access to the actual PS4 files and just manually type the translation, so manually grabbing the audio, separating the BGM sound from the vocal is beyond me and got no tools to achieve it.

once the decrypting of higher firmware games for the PS4 is available and normal users can decrypt their own games, then it becomes a possibility.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I believe there are xdelta patchers for andoid but the problem you manually patch it one file at a time and this games has 56 modded files, so it can be quite difficult but maybe possible.

GarnetSunset likes this.
  6. Doredialilligan

Newcomer

Amazing work as always!!
    In the first phone call with Katherine, if you respond "Oh that" all text after is in japanese :)

7. PortableGuy

PortableGuy Newbie
    Newcomer

Gibraltar
    Wow, that’s a lot of dedication that deserves a ton of respect. Thank you for this.
    I really hope that someday the scene of porting translations to vita games grows, because there’s still a top of untapped potential there.
    I know PS4 decryption doesn’t help and actually retyping everything like you did is a ridiculous commitment to expect from anyone, but at least, in other cases (like Yu-No), Steam and Switch versions exist.

8. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touching things and improving your world

Spain
    You are a god!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Catherine, [English, patcher