ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
wow guys! You are amazing! I absolutely LOVE this franchise and it really is a shame that there is no word for localisation. Keep up the good work! Unfortunately, I cannot help you with anything and sorry for the unrelated post, but I give you all me positive energy :D

Reactions: Margen67

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I know it's not perfect, that was my first try, only a proof of concept thing.
I used this font by MapleRose, so I can stay consistent with the new Hai!/Yes! shout.

Proof of concept it is possible to make Sir consistent with old ones.
I think this would be better solution.

9QRqrcJ.png

Last edited by mrichston,

SuperiorCarnage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you rip the first chapter of the game's dialogue and upload it so anyone can translate it and send it back to the person in charge?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is the point of this project? This game will receive an official localization a lot sooner than a fan translation would take to be completed.

D

Deleted User

What is the point of this project? This game will receive an official localization a lot sooner than a fan translation would take to be completed.
AFAIK, there has been no word that there will ever be an official localization of the game. For now, it seems to be Japan-only.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why didn't they announce it then ? Usually they do.
Waaaait for it.

By the way, I've been wondering, how could Ryuunosuke be called in an official localization? My guess is Griffin Wright.
I really hope I'll be the one who "called it" xD

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well even if it comes an localization, would be nice having an version close to the original for the curious like me, to see what they changed, not having to waint someone play the japanese ad english and list it

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sir i dont know if it will receive a localization or not but translating it wont take anywhere near as long as you seem to think. Normally localizations of games happen in a year or two. Look at the fire emblem if translation. Look at the progress they have already made.

Now this game is full of dialogue but so was if. And if i remember correctly if is halfway done. 18 chapters so far. The prequel then 6 chapters on both paths.

So with a dedicated team it can get done faster than a localization and these guys/gals seem pretty dedicated to me.

Last edited by CFallenleaf,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well sir i dont know if it will receive a localization or not but translating it wont take anywhere near as long as you seem to think. Normally localizations of games happen in a year or two. Look at the fire emblem if translation. Look at the progress they have already made.

Now this game is full of dialogue but so was if. And if i remember correctly if is halfway done. 18 chapters so far. The prequel then 6 chapters on both paths.

So with a dedicated team it can get done faster than a localization and these guys/gals seem pretty dedicated to me.
You are delusional. Fan translatots have RLs too. They will never be as fast as official translators. Plus there is a high risk of C&D from Capcom, so all effort would be for nothing.

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
But the translation of Investigations 2 was not C&D'd from Capcom... So it seems safe to do the translation. And localization seems weird, cause they think because of the japanese theme, it won't sell..

Gazelle_Bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are delusional. Fan translatots have RLs too. They will never be as fast as official translators. Plus there is a high risk of C&D from Capcom, so all effort would be for nothing.
Of course the fans won't be as quick with their translations, but you know what? DGS has not received any news of being localized for the west. PLvAA wasn't released in the west until two years after it was in Japan. None of us want to wait for Capcom to do that. It's better to let these guys give us a near translation for our enjoyment. Plus, it's not like this translation is getting a lot of press release all over so I doubt that Capcom would send a cease and desist letter for a translation over this one game. If companies wanted to do that then the Fire Emblem if translation would be gone because of their translation.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But the translation of Investigations 2 was not C&D'd from Capcom... So it seems safe to do the translation. And localization seems weird, cause they think because of the japanese theme, it won't sell..
for a country made of colonization and " illegal migration",I don't know how some people in USA can STILL be so much xenophobic lol
I think it have a little chance to be localzied but you know, they can't make make japan as los angeles now :B but there's also old english themed so I think it have some chace... they love to make europen reference bigger than what already have (like pokemon XY lol)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for a country made of colonization and " illegal migration",I don't know how some people in USA can STILL be so much xenophobic lol
I think it have a little chance to be localzied but you know, they can't make make japan as los angeles now :B but there's also old english themed so I think it have some chace... they love to make europen reference bigger than what already have (like pokemon XY lol)
I don't think that's xenophobia, it is just ignorance.
The average person in the west doesn't know much about Japanese pop, culture and history, other than a couple of cliches perhaps, so they start missing references and jokes and the game turns boring because they can't follow.
If you think that the average player just wants to enjoy a video game without needing to take lectures about foreign culture it makes sense.
The reason they change things introducing more European cliches into the story and jokes is, I think, the average western casual gamer is more familiar with that.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think that's xenophobia, it is just ignorance.
The average person in the west doesn't know much about Japanese pop, culture and history, other than a couple of cliches perhaps, so they start missing references and jokes and the game turns boring because they can't follow.
If you think that the average player just wants to enjoy a video game without needing to take lectures about foreign culture it makes sense.
The reason they change things introducing more European cliches into the story and jokes is, I think, the average western casual gamer is more familiar with that.
well cases and cases,even the average don't knowing it could be a reason to start being curious and learning about... not saying that everything mus be 100% like the original, but at least the general context, come on at least when they are making something about that culture they could make some research, but no : teenage mutant ninja turtles > "ninja turtles" that fight kung fu, okey ... Karate kid! that also fight kung fu style ... making deference to Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan in pokemon names, both of then perform kunf fu, the pokemon they are referencing don't ... come on these kind of stuff could be instructive , not just random entertainment lol random fighting style : KUNG FU YEAH ....It's it's like they are teaching the stuff wrong ...

Anyway,I got your point, I never had games in my language when I was young and nowadays we have few , I was the kind that liked RPG even with shitty English and don't getting 70% of the game at all(or 10%, when I played majora's mask the first time lolol) , most of people don't even give the chance because can't understand the language, even more the jokes ... I took a lot of time to learn that " harvest moon" was about season to farm and stuff (I don't know whats wrong with " farm histories" but ok.... now it's "History of seasons" anyway xD), I still have no idea what " Animal Crossing" should mean ...(again, whats wrong with animal forest? XD), and other stuff XD

But I don't agree with you 100% because some things can be teach, like the way to read an manga, instead of mirroring the images and everything, but all the main US localization I see looks like understate the players/public, even more if it get " directed to children"... also having this vision from outside these changes look even worse .... because Los Angeles still not part of where I live, or making it a parallel world or idk instead. but also looks stupid because it's clear that was actually japan :B it make look that or the localization team are dumb or are doing it for dummies :/ I beat an average person in japan don't have an great knowledge about western world , it don't make they strongly adapt the context culture, change names or make a very bad made reference when making something that take places on a "western world" ... of course jokes ad stuff are adapted but without breaking all the context

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Investigations 2 was a spin-off whose predecessor was a commercial failure in the west, so they never had plans for a localization to begin with, hence why no C&D.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Investigations 2 was a spin-off whose predecessor was a commercial failure in the west, so they never had plans for a localization to begin with, hence why no C&D.

I think DGS is spinoff too. It takes ancestor of main character from main series and adds whole new cast.
Especially now that they just announced to continue main series.

When AAI2 was fantranslated, there were same kind of talks about C&D and stuff. But when years went on,
it became more apparent, there wouldn't be official translation.

Many of AAI2 stuff (amongst team) was discussed and done behind closed & password protected forum.
You wouldn't see forum without password and there were few other backups which required invitation.
Point is, it wasn't as open forum as this. Off course there is possibility for C&D or announcement, and I
think that should be the end for this project. Atleast in open forum like this.

animefreak55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well if The Great Ace Attorney was going to be localized why hasn't it been announced? They just announced AA6 and the localization as well. Looks like they skipped it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well if The Great Ace Attorney was going to be localized why hasn't it been announced? They just announced AA6 and the localization as well. Looks like they skipped it.
Wasn't the Great Ace Attorney released just recently in Japan? I assume they wanted to wait how well it will be received domestically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol