ROM Hack [REQUEST] Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition USA Cheat Plugin

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it to work on emuNAND 10.5 using JK's Save Manager on the test build.
Test Build? JK's Save manager?

Link to JK's save manager? the one you posted in your little tutorial doesn't seem to have JK in it.
And once I have the file, where do I put it in my SD card and how do I 'use' it? Is it a .cia file I need to install using FBI or DevMen?

iForgot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually found out about it after writing it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

It's a .cia file so just install and go, you shouldn't need to restart your DS at all anymore. I only have to because my NTR freezes everything if I try to load a second thing.

iForgot, when did you try it? Was it for Fates?
I had trouble exporting and importing my saves until I installed the test build, FYI. Seems Japanese games weren't compatible based on something JK_ said?

Last edited by GoddessKozy,

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually found out about it after writing it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

It's a .cia file so just install and go, you shouldn't need to restart your DS at all anymore. I only have to because my NTR freezes everything if I try to load a second thing.

iForgot, when did you try it? Was it for Fates?
I had trouble exporting and importing my saves until I installed the test build, FYI. Seems Japanese games weren't compatible based on something JK_ said?

So what are the steps after installing this? (By the way what you linked is in fact the test build, yes?)

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are the steps after installing this? (By the way what you linked is in fact the test build, yes?)
The test build is at the very bottom of OPs post, the mediafire link not the .zip file attached.

It's pretty much the same thing as using the homebrew save manager way, open JK's SM (for short), and you'll get a few options. Depending on whether you use a cart or .cia choose the one you use. I use .cia so I'm writing from that perspective.

When you push .cia it'll bring up a list of things you have installed, pick the FE you're looking to extract the saves from, choose extract accordingly, and then it'll ask you to create a new save for it. That wording is bad, you aren't making a new save, but like. You'll wanna name it so you can remember because it's what you'll use to import OR back up from in case you want to go back to a previous state.

Anyways just go back to the list of games and pick the other FE you're looking to import into, and follow the same instructions but choose to import instead of export. Choose the folder you created in the last step and then once it's done exit the SM. From there you can boot into NTR and use the plugin or whatever you want.

I'm not sure what the import/export extdata is for, so just ignore those options.

Reactions: DeltaD36

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The test build is at the very bottom of OPs post, the mediafire link not the .zip file attached.

It's pretty much the same thing as using the homebrew save manager way, open JK's SM (for short), and you'll get a few options. Depending on whether you use a cart or .cia choose the one you use. I use .cia so I'm writing from that perspective.

When you push .cia it'll bring up a list of things you have installed, pick the FE you're looking to extract the saves from, choose extract accordingly, and then it'll ask you to create a new save for it. That wording is bad, you aren't making a new save, but like. You'll wanna name it so you can remember because it's what you'll use to import OR back up from in case you want to go back to a previous state.

Anyways just go back to the list of games and pick the other FE you're looking to import into, and follow the same instructions but choose to import instead of export. Choose the folder you created in the last step and then once it's done exit the SM. From there you can boot into NTR and use the plugin or whatever you want.

I'm not sure what the import/export extdata is for, so just ignore those options.

Sorry for the late response.
Alright. I got the program ready to go.
So you're telling me that after I choose the SD/CIA selection, I pick 'export' from the game I want to export a save from, yes?

Now whenever I export this, is it making a backup or copy of it? Like it's not just moving it, right? I export the thing I want, and than I guess I import it to the US version?

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response.
Alright. I got the program ready to go.
So you're telling me that after I choose the SD/CIA selection, I pick 'export' from the game I want to export a save from, yes?

Now whenever I export this, is it making a backup or copy of it? Like it's not just moving it, right? I export the thing I want, and than I guess I import it to the US version?
I don't think I understand, aren't backups and copies the same thing?

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you.
I suppose I'm asking if importing the save makes a copy of the save and isn't just copy/pasting it.
I don't know how to backup my saves.
Oh, yeah I believe it makes a copy of it. You should be able to back up your saves using this.

Don't quote me on it though.

Last edited by GoddessKozy,

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, yeah I believe it makes a copy of it. You should be able to back up your saves using this.
Okay. So back on the topic: Export my Jap file, than open up the US version and 'import'? And I;m guessing it will take whatever file I imported and sorta just slip it into the slot it was in in the jap version?

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So back on the topic: Export my Jap file, than open up the US version and 'import'? And I;m guessing it will take whatever file I imported and sorta just slip it into the slot it was in in the jap version?

Yep, just like that. I've noticed it'll only import the first three slots for me though, so you might need to rearrange a little.

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, just whatever slots are to the most left unless you only have Hoshido.
Oh dear. So it takes all three saves and moves them?
So if I have my Hoshido route currently happening on my US file, I should probably move those files to the nohr save if I want to keep them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, just whatever slots are to the most left unless you only have Hoshido.
Alright. I succesfully imported my save over.
Now I hope I didn't go a bit to overboard with what I've got in my inventory. Or the skills I have on my characters.
I don't want to get shadow banned. . .

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear. So it takes all three saves and moves them?
So if I have my Hoshido route currently happening on my US file, I should probably move those files to the nohr save if I want to keep them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright. I succesfully imported my save over.
Now I hope I didn't go a bit to overboard with what I've got in my inventory. Or the skills I have on my characters.
I don't want to get shadow banned. . .

I can test your castle for you, I've noticed to just be kind of careful with anything under "Brynhildr" since I see a lot of enemy only skills and future DLC for USA.
Not sure if they implemented anything new in the USA copies but this should help:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56045

DeltaD36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't give
I can test your castle for you, I've noticed to just be kind of careful with anything under "Brynhildr" since I see a lot of enemy only skills and future DLC for USA.
Not sure if they implemented anything new in the USA copies but this should help:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56045

Gimmi a sec and I'll give my code to you.
Garon's Axe doesn't seem to be in the restricted weapons... but at the same time it's Garon only, but my Berserker can use it.

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm kinda lost, you guys are importing your saves to a JPN game to use the cheats there and then send it back to a US copy?

Yup, it's roundabout but works fine like that.

Can't give

Gimmi a sec and I'll give my code to you.
Garon's Axe doesn't seem to be in the restricted weapons... but at the same time it's Garon only, but my Berserker can use it.

I wonder if that's what got you shadowbanned, I'd honestly say any enemy-only item is a no-go online.

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I am doing the same thing you both are doing. The save manager won't let me open up anything I export from USA to Jap though. Any idea why? Should I try another save manager?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...