ROM Hack [Request] Final Fantasy Explorers save editor

sniper_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just the abilities, but I've attached the mutation table.

The way I've been getting them is just looking at a memory dump from the game. All you do is search for any related information and piece the information together.
Entry = 0x6c
0x00000000, 4 bytes = number (this is used in the save file)
0x00000004, 4 bytes = display name id
0x00000008, 4 bytes = name id

In order to do it, you will need the accessory ID, and trait ID(s). Once you have that, you can give the trait a value if it allows it.

How many bytes long is each entry for the Trait Table?

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be great if we can choose which weapons or armor we want to add on saveediter
You can. Right click in the area that display your weapon(s) or armor. You can add, remove, or remove all.

How many bytes long is each entry for the Trait Table?
0x50 bytes long.

I've attached the layouts to the bin files for those who are looking at the tables.

Attachments

• Tables.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Layout.zip
    3 KB · Views: 203

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soo can anyone upload their USA .sav around main quest 5star/6star?
I have EU save right after finishing main quest (somewhere halfway through five star) - it works with US as well (i had US before and switched to EU).
Am not home right now but can upload it later today if you still need it.

sniper_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can. Right click in the area that display your weapon(s) or armor. You can add, remove, or remove all.

0x50 bytes long.

I've attached the layouts to the bin files for those who are looking at the tables.

Thanks. How do you make your editor use the table files? I've been using HxD to view them so far.

EDIT: Does anyone also happen to know the trait ID for HP Power Factor?

Last edited by sniper_zero,

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone properly explain how to use the save editor? I keep getting the same error, and it doesn't let me try to choose the .bin file from savefiler

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to modify my skills but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Every time I modify the mutations the game seems to reset the skill to slash 1 (01 00 01).
It doesn't show this in game, but in HxD it shows.
Is it because i'm trying to adding illegal mutations?

Desperado (FA 79 46 B0) with the mutations:
Critical Rate Up 8 (31 00 08)
Multi Hit 8 (2E 00 08)

The in-game slot is L+Y
The offset is 27C

FA 79 46 B0 0B 01 00 00 31 00 08 00 2E 00 08 00
resets to
FA 79 46 B0 0B 01 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00

0x29bd4 is where all the unlocked ability mutation(s) are. Add the ability you want minus the index and custom text.
0x23e14 is where all the purchased ability mutation(s) are. Add the ability, but this time, it needs a proper index. You can also add custom text if you desire.

If you wanted to assign it a slot in the save file, just add the information you entered in the 0x23e14 section.

Reactions: Marvin Clerge

Define

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks to @infinete for his save files immediately before and after entering the CE code, I managed to enable the exclusive quests in mine. It works for both NA and EU saves apparently. If anyone would like to try them, just change the values of these offsets:

0x23c90 = 0xE0
0x23c91 = 0x01

Looks like 23c90 is the DLC quest Flags. If my assumptions are correct if you set the flags to FF you will unlock all the DLC quests

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to modify my skills but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Every time I modify the mutations the game seems to reset the skill to slash 1 (01 00 01).
It doesn't show this in game, but in HxD it shows.
Is it because i'm trying to adding illegal mutations?

Desperado (FA 79 46 B0) with the mutations:
Critical Rate Up 8 (31 00 08)
Multi Hit 8 (2E 00 08)

The in-game slot is L+Y
The offset is 27C

FA 79 46 B0 0B 01 00 00 31 00 08 00 2E 00 08 00
resets to
FA 79 46 B0 0B 01 00 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
Probably because multi-hit 8 is illegal. The game defaults any illegal abilities to slash 1.

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! That gave me an idea on how to edit the abilities now. I just wish I had a list of all the hex values for the abilities and their traits. I got to edit my thief's anklet thanks to you, though! :yay3ds:

Thanks. How do you make your editor use the table files? I've been using HxD to view them so far.

EDIT: Does anyone also happen to know the trait ID for HP Power Factor?
I would like to know this as well. I don't understand how I can use the table files to find what I'm looking for since I see a bunch of unprintable characters when I open the file with a hex editor. I think I remember someone made a program that decrypted the text of a file when I was editing my MH4U quests. Maybe something like that might help? I wish someone would elaborate on how to use the table files. :unsure:

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:yay3ds: I would like to know this as well. I don't understand how I can use the table files to find what I'm looking for since I see a bunch of unprintable characters when I open the file with a hex editor. I think I remember someone made a program that decrypted the text of a file when I was editing my MH4U quests. Maybe something like that might help? I wish someone would elaborate on how to use the table files.:unsure:

If you're not a programmer, the table files are to be used with a hex editer. If you are, you can write a program to view them. The reason for that is because it came from the game's memory. It wasn't designed to be human readable. I've uploaded the layout to the tables to make it easier in a previous post.

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not a programmer, the table files are to be used with a hex editer. If you are, you can write a program to view them. The reason for that is because it came from the game's memory. It wasn't designed to be human readable. I've uploaded the layout to the tables to make it easier in a previous post.
Ahh, okay. Some of that makes sense. So how do we use the tables to find what we're looking for? Honestly, I don't even know what I'm looking for when I load up the files with a hex editor.

Pororo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys, im using sky3ds+ the file is .sav in my sd card, can i use HxD to find the offset? or do i need any software to encrypted the .sav file?
thank you

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, okay. Some of that makes sense. So how do we use the tables to find what we're looking for? Honestly, I don't even know what I'm looking for when I load up the files with a hex editor.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to add a weapon to the save file, grab the "key" and "cSeqNo" from the weapon table. Want to add a trait? Open up the trait table and get the "key". I've uploaded the name/text table so you'll be able to see the name of most entries. The name table only contains the name ID and the text. So if you search "Cure", you will see the bytes F8 43 66 B6 before it. With those bytes, you can search for them in the ability table and land on the "Cure" entry and get the "key" needed if you wanted to add it to the save file.

Attachments

• NameTable.zip
    104.9 KB · Views: 183

Pororo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im use sky3ds+, i install homebrew and use save data manager, but i cant find ff explorer save game, anyone know how to get the save game file from sky3ds+?
i click the orange button in sky3ds+ but no game in save manager

Last edited by Pororo,

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to add a weapon to the save file, grab the "key" and "cSeqNo" from the weapon table. Want to add a trait? Open up the trait table and get the "key". I've uploaded the name/text table so you'll be able to see the name of most entries. The name table only contains the name ID and the text. So if you search "Cure", you will see the bytes F8 43 66 B6 before it. With those bytes, you can search for them in the ability table and land on the "Cure" entry and get the "key" needed if you wanted to add it to the save file.
The name table help a LOT. However, when I try to find "Cure" as a string of text, it says a pattern is not found, but when I search for bytes F8 43 66 B6, I can see the bytes that looks like the "key" right before the word when I look at the box on the right.

So my next question is how do I try to find the spells and traits in the name table? I'm using Hex Editor Neo, if that'll make it easier to help me. Once I understand how to search for that, then I'll be able to find the "key" myself, and then maybe I'll be able to find the spells and traits and try to put the information together. I still don't know what cSeqNo is, though.

Sorry for all these questions. I haven't dabbled this much into hex editing before. I appreciate you being patient with me. :)

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name table help a LOT. However, when I try to find "Cure" as a string of text, it says a pattern is not found, but when I search for bytes F8 43 66 B6, I can see the bytes that looks like the "key" right before the word when I look at the box on the right.

So my next question is how do I try to find the spells and traits in the name table? I'm using Hex Editor Neo, if that'll make it easier to help me. Once I understand how to search for that, then I'll be able to find the "key" myself, and then maybe I'll be able to find the spells and traits and try to put the information together. I still don't know what cSeqNo is, though.

Sorry for all these questions. I haven't dabbled this much into hex editing before. I appreciate you being patient with me. :)
When you do your search, make sure you search for a unicode string. cSeqNo is just a variable name in the WeaponTableLayout.txt file. The layout files I uploaded gives a name to the bytes in the corresponding table file. It makes it easier to see what byte does what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb