ROM Hack [Request] Final Fantasy Explorers save editor

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, I'll see if there's anything else that can be added, but I think we've got most of what we know so far. Thanks!

Here's some offsets that you can add.

Layout:
Description, Offset, Size of data

General Flags, 0x00023bbc, 512 bytes: These flags control events (unlocked NPC, blueprints, etc.)

Abilities Aquired Flags, 0x00023bdc, 63 bytes: If you set any of these flags, they will not show up in the crystal, but they will show up when setting your abilities. You can fix it by setting other flags within the save file.

Jobs Unlocked Flags, 0x00023dfb, 3 bytes: If you set any of these flags, you will not unlock anything that you would have if you did it legit. This can be fixed by playing the game or setting other flags within the save file.
***The flags are set by the bits, not the bytes.***

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Added these to the bookmarks as well, have a good chunk of the save mapped out already if someone with the knowledge can update the save editor with the info. :)
Updated Accessories map as well with List Value (Order Acquired in inventory?), 0x0000001C, 4 bytes.

Attachments

• ffex_bookmarks_v1.4.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Magnus Hydra

Bedal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some one here knows how to modify the Base Stats?
I found a way how to edit the EL to 999 0x3143C modify it to 7F9698<<----(experience points) and Join a quest and finish it and u will be EL999.

Last edited by Bedal,

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to edit your character's name yet? I was Paine for the longest time, but I have since decided to become Squall forever now, and Paine as a name...isn't the worst I guess, but it's awkward knowing he's going around with a name I initially gave to my character to make her look like Paine from FF X-2... at least I didn't give the avatar my real name, that'd be even worse. :P But yeah...halp? :*

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your character name is actually just the first line of the save, 0x0 to 0x0E, 15 bytes.

I managed to make and attach list of all the mutations and maybe more than half of the skills, as skills are a bit more of a hassle to get.
Also, my previous post and bookmarks said "Button Used L(B1=y, B2=x, B3=a, B4=b) | R<AF=y,AE=x,AD=a,AC=b>" and it's wrong as I keep getting an inconsistent value recently.

Attachments

• Abilities.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 304

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your character name is actually just the first line of the save, 0x0 to 0x0E, 15 bytes.

I managed to make and attach list of all the mutations and maybe more than half of the skills, as skills are a bit more of a hassle to get.
Also, my previous post and bookmarks said "Button Used L(B1=y, B2=x, B3=a, B4=b) | R<AF=y,AE=x,AD=a,AC=b>" and it's wrong as I keep getting an inconsistent value recently.
I tried to change my character's name there, but now when I went to the file select screen, the game just crashes. I edited it via Notepad...I take it that's not how you do it?

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, never looked at the change other than save file name, and in game name is entirely different, so you can name your save "I cheated" @ 0x00 - 0x0E and you'll still be your other name in stats and everything else. What you're looking for is 0x528 - 0x537, 15 bytes. Updated bookmarks again.

Attachments

• ffex_bookmarks_v1.5.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 153

Tenaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found a way how to edit the EL to 999 0x31430 modify it to 571F35 <<----(experience points) and Join a quest and finish it and u will be EL999.

guy I do not know if I did wrong but not changed at all , changed the numbering as you said but did not change in my save.

I could post a picture of how it would look properly?

Last edited by Tenaro,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completed my ability list including eidolon abilities and tons of abilities with no names, thanks to unknowndatax's tables! I haven't been able to test any of the eidolon abilities to see if they work, but if anyone else wants, be my guest lol.

I don't know anything about EL as I haven't tested it, but I'll post a solution when I get a chance.

EDIT: Re-Uploaded my Ability List: Fixed - 5 missing mutations, and 2 mismatches.

Attachments

• Abilities.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by Wrathalos,

Bedal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
guy I do not know if I did wrong but not changed at all , changed the numbering as you said but did not change in my save.

I could post a picture of how it would look properly?

Sry I was in the Wrong Offset, Try it now. I've edit my last post!

Reactions: Tenaro

Tenaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found a way how to edit the EL to 999 0x3143C modify it to 7F9698<<----(experience points) and Join a quest and finish it and u will be EL999.

Now gave Okay , thank you guy !

Tenaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. Thanks to @infinete for his save files immediately before and after entering the CE code, I managed to enable the exclusive quests in mine. It works for both NA and EU saves apparently. If anyone would like to try them, just change the values of these offsets:

0x23c90 = 0xE0
0x23c91 = 0x01

amigos não sei se algum de vocês encontraram isso mas aproveitando a entrada deste off set
(0x23c90 = 0xE0 / 0x23c91 = 0x01[/QUOTE] )consegui liberar todas as quests apenas completando tudo com "FF" x255 binário
* 0x23c77 = 0xFF ==> 0x23cFB = 0xFF

Reactions: Bedal

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else does changing E001 to FFFF add though, I thought there was only 4 quests?

Updated bookmarks, Abilities, and added a traits.txt for those of you wanting to add all the traits (again thanks unknowndatax for the tables and layouts). "Equip All" has a limit of 0 sadly and there's one thing with no name that maxes @ 999. If I ever get the time, I'll eventually finish a google doc for these.

EDIT: Forgot traits.hbk, added. Also, Accessories can only have certain traits, others won't work. i.e. a necklace that usually can have Magic +, All Elements +, Spirit +, can't have Maximum HP+ else it appears without a value and doesn't boost your HP. Where this is read between the Traits table and Save is beyond me.

Attachments

• FFEX_bookmarks_tables.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 379

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the process of making a google spreadsheet, with updated Ability Link mutations (some were missing and screwed up the entire list, SORRY!).

If I can improve the spreadsheet in some way, let me know! I'm also hoping someone will make a save editor to make it obsolete >_<

EDIT: Finished Spreadsheet

Tenaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What else does changing E001 to FFFF add though, I thought there was only 4 quests?

Updated bookmarks, Abilities, and added a traits.txt for those of you wanting to add all the traits (again thanks unknowndatax for the tables and layouts). "Equip All" has a limit of 0 sadly and there's one thing with no name that maxes @ 999. If I ever get the time, I'll eventually finish a google doc for these.

EDIT: Forgot traits.hbk, added. Also, Accessories can only have certain traits, others won't work. i.e. a necklace that usually can have Magic +, All Elements +, Spirit +, can't have Maximum HP+ else it appears without a value and doesn't boost your HP. Where this is read between the Traits table and Save is beyond me.

como faço para importar para meu save esses bookmarks?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Small accessories contribution :

em qual offset encontro essas sequencias para fazer esta alteração?

Tenaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
alguem sabe como deixar as quests como completas no NPC para liberar as armaduras de 10 estrelas?
ou liberar todas as armaduras para comprar?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1