Homebrew [Request] Amiibo NFC backup homebrew

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I searched for a homebrew that could backup Amiibo directly through the N3DS or the 3DS NFC Reader, but to no avail.
I found an old topic which asked if there was one, but the only answer I found was to use a cellphone NFC or a powersave. I don't have either, and I don't want to buy a powersave for 30-40$ neither a cellphone. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but if there is a limitation that hinder this particular homebrew development, I would like to know.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It needs to detect the actual thing, which homebrew cannot do. (NFC signals iirc)
Isn't it possible to emulate the NFC reading (like a game would do) to copy the signal into a file, which could be rewritten into the Amiibo? Maybe a .3dsx wouldn't have enough privilege, but a .cia should as far as I know.

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, if its possible to use an android phone with nfc to write amiibo information to an nfc tag, is there a way you could just cut out the middle man (the tag) and just use the android device as the nfc tag (if you know what i mean)
Obviously if there was an app for it too.

Haruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only want to read/write appInfo from/to amiibo, then yes, there is an application that can achieve your goal (called NfpManager iirc).
If you want to dump the full data of an amiibo to a file, or clone an amiibo using an existing data file, then no, this involves some encryption or something that currently has not been implemented.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds-examples/tree/master/nfc
This will do what you want I think.

I've also attached a build. The only disadvantage, and it's a big one, is that the appID is tied to Smash bros for some reason.
So if I want to backup an Amiibo to use with Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, I am out of luck with this app, right?
At least I can backup my second Mario Amiibo, which is tied to Sm4sh, clear his data, use it with Paper Jam, then recover the Sm4sh data. It doesn't help for those Amiibo that I don't have in second copy though.

If you only want to read/write appInfo from/to amiibo, then yes, there is an application that can achieve your goal (called NfpManager iirc).
If you want to dump the full data of an amiibo to a file, or clone an amiibo using an existing data file, then no, this involves some encryption or something that currently has not been implemented.
Yes, I think just Appdata is enough. I can't find the application that you mention though. Is it for Android? If so, I don't have a cellphone.

Last edited by medoli900,

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if we are in fact able to make amiibo backups on our N3ds, what specifically is stopping us from using the NFC reader from writing to blank NTags?

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, if we are in fact able to make amiibo backups on our N3ds, what specifically is stopping us from using the NFC reader from writing to blank NTags?
That is out of topic though, since I asked without any external hardware other than the NFC Reader for 3DS and the actual Amiibo.
Also, as I understand, we can't make 1:1 copy of an Amiibo, only the Appdata.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What I would like to backup, to be precise, is the Paper Jam saved section on the Amiibo, to be able to have the foil card without actually having two time the same Amiibo.

Also, don't point out "You just have to install NTR" or "Just cheat it". That would be out of the point. I don't want to cheat, I want to have the foil cards "legitly", only with only one Amiibo, not two.

Last edited by medoli900,

Haruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think just Appdata is enough. I can't find the application that you mention though. Is it for Android? If so, I don't have a cellphone.

I apologize for my bad memory. NfpManager, which is a 3DS application, can not backup any data. It can only read amiibo, then edit the data that just read, and finally write the editted data back to amiibo. It has no priority for writing to SD card, so it can not backup the data read from amiibo to a file.
I believe I can write an application that is able to backup and restore any amiibo's appdata to SD card.

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find NfpManager?

Haruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do!
Give me some time. Three or five days may be enough.

Where can I find NfpManager?
Well, I can't share it with you for an obvious reason. You might be able to find it on *you know what* site. I believe someone in this forum also owns it. Here is an image for you so that you can find it more easily.
IMG_20160613_104918.jpg

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Curious, would be it possible to make an NTR plugin or something like that to emulate scanning an Amiibo?
Like you press game plugin, it gives you a list of Amiibo data you've obtained through some means, you select one and the game acts like you just scanned it as an Amiibo?

Presuming not or it would have been done by now, but I'm curious.

TheRex213

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Haruka oh hay, basic Ctr sdk 11 stuff huh? :P Ever try Fangate FW Updater on retail? I have yet to decrypt it granted its actual functionality, probably won't work since it needs the panda NFC keys. :P

Haruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Haruka oh hay, basic Ctr sdk 11 stuff huh? :P Ever try Fangate FW Updater on retail? I have yet to decrypt it granted its actual functionality, probably won't work since it needs the panda NFC keys. :P
Yes, it is from CTRSDK. I haven't tried Fangate FW Updater. Other than that, all other applications related to NFC work normally on retail consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??