Hardware Replaced M92T36

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo switch was not switching on at all so after diagnosis caps around M92T36 were short, so after replacing the chip it charged and turned on fine but switch does not charge unless charger is plugged in and sending switching into sleep mode atleast once, waking up from sleep shows its charging and it does charge but does not detect charger when switch is on and charger gets plugged in..unless its off or in sleep mode.. i have also not tested it in the dock.
Where could the problem be? Have i not solded it right or chip is faulty or is it something else?

Last edited by RyoX9,

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo switch was not switching on at all so after diagnosis caps around M92T36 were short, so after replacing the chip it charged and turned on fine but switch does not charge unless charger is plugged in and sending switching into sleep mode atleast once, waking up from sleep shows its charging and it does charge but does not detect charger when switch is on and charger gets plugged in..unless its off or in sleep mode.. i have also not tested it in the dock.
Where could the problem be? Have i not solded it right or chip is faulty or is it something else?

Are you using a genuine nintendo charger?

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just M96T36

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

doesn matter which i use, for switch to charge it shd be put sleep when charger is connected and then waken up for detection and charging.

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its not open atm and i have checked volts .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as it does charges the battery and works fine but triggering sleep mode and back triggers charging.

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Open up the switch to see what voltages your getting on the M92T36 logic pins.

To start with I'd try removing M92T36 and resolder, did you tin the pads after removing it the first time.

Last edited by Pintglass,

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you working with a microscope if you are you could try going round the M92T36 with a fine tip soldering iron, if not just reflow it to see if that helps.

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no i dont have a microscope, and i have reflowed the chip, After reflow it detechs charger straightaway but after few seconds it says unable to charge and a cross appears but after few tries its fine.

i should have applied solder to points on the chip which i regret...

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the switch charges when its off or when you sleep the device i would say just live with it, if you try to remove the chip again you always run the risk of causing more problems, if you can't live with it or the device is going to be offered for sale then you have to decide whether you can improve things.
By removing the chip and applying some leaded solder to the pads you could, but the problem you'll have is you can't really tell if there all roughly the same without magnifacation.

Last edited by Pintglass,

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
your right, well its for someone so if he is happy then fine otherwise ill resolder it. thank you for the tips

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had switches with messed up USB-C port where even under the microscope hard to see broken pins. Make sure you charging ports is good.

One more thing, can we se the pictures of actual board, please?
Once a while i get switches that have repair attempts and missing elements, those really hard to capture if you don't have board to compare, with same revision.

Last edited by Agilato,

RyoX9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will post pictures when i dissessambe again and as much as i know none of components are lost but i do think its a bad soldering job.

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will post pictures when i dissessambe again and as much as i know none of components are lost but i do think its a bad soldering job.

I replaced tons of chips some times you don't even realize that you are messed up... till you turn it on and see the issue, or other person look at the board....

I replaced and LCD yesterday....
I was very gently pulling a Left Joy-Con slider ribbon cable, it jumped out of tweezers and took off small resistor on top of the BQ chip.
Later under the microscope it turned out there was a corrosion under that element and this amount of force was enough to take it out...
It's a very small element and this kind of thing for ribbon cables very common i didn't even noticed it...
I noticed it when i almost fully assembled a console on a final revision under the microscope...

Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: Traace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.