OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But was that point properly explained when you made the poll? I don't expect many people on the board to know Arabic and/or Hebrew; I imagine they just went with what sounded cool.
For what it's worth, some of us working on the project (myself included) wanted to use the word "Colossus," and I even pushed strongly for it.

But the people have spoken, and there's nothing that can be done about it now. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

The fact that "bahamut" and "behemoth" are the same word in two different languages doesn't even matter with this game because in the Square-Enix world, they are not the same word. If you want to argue with the choices this forum has made, you may as well argue with the company that popularized the two words as completely different monsters. Not only is this the case in Squeenix games, but in Dungeons & Dragons mythos as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I think if the styling in 3 was pure black, it would look better, but it would probably make it hard to read since the background is dark-ish.

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, you guys are making this decision hard for us! :(

Before we decided to put up the poll, the project members were also exactly 50-50 on the votes!

This may come down to a coin toss between #1 and #4.
can if be a tails 1 loses heads 4 wins XD
Just kidding i dont mind what you guys pick as long as i can read it.

Keep up the good work really looking forword to this.

Reactions: 1 person

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Before we decided to put up the poll, the project members were also exactly 50-50 on the votes!

You really should have set a final date for the poll when you created it. :/

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You really should have set a final date for the poll when you created it. :/

Random deadline would be as arbitrary as a coin toss though. And you know, maybe a bunch of shadowed-text fangirls would wait until the very last minute and then spam 100 votes, crushing the dreams of non-shadow text lovers everywhere. Nobody thought it would turn out so even though. TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS: BLOOD OF BAHAMUT SHADOW BLACK AND NO-SHADOW WHITE.

Reactions: 2 people

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Had I set a deadline, I would have made it a week from the day the poll first went up. My reason is that not everyone logs onto this forum every day--some people do it on weekdays when they're at school or work, others can only log on during the weekends. I wanted to make sure that we got as many votes as possible.

That deadline would have been today. Seeing as how divided it is right now, I don't think a deadline would have made a difference in this case.

But you're right--it is good practice to set a deadline for any poll. I'll bear that in mind the next time I create one :)

*EDIT*
TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS: BLOOD OF BAHAMUT SHADOW BLACK AND NO-SHADOW WHITE.
The idea of a Blood of Bahamut: Director's Cut attracts me the more I think about it :P

Reactions: 1 person

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
People probably making dummy accounts to get their preference? It's happened before :P

1 and 4 are both good though.

Oh yes, I was curious about the credits - are you planning to insert team members into the actual game (via an extended staff credits or loading screen or whatever)? I've seen so many different ways used by various projects, so it's something I always look out for haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017