[RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Densetsu, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    I do hope you consider the beta testers wisely, as it seems you're doing. The better the beta tester; the better the result. I just know, with Densetsu behind this project, the results are going to be fabulous. I'll be happy the game is fine tuned, versus released faster. Great job Blood of Bahamut Team! :D

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Sep 21, 2010
    Ecuador
    in front of my computer
    yeah, i totally understand that, im guessing many people would do that if they actually get the chance to play it earlier than others

3. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    Away from civilization.
    Indeed.

We're still going to choose fairly and wisely, though. So for everyone who wants to apply, feel free. :)

I'm not sure if Densetsu's going to announce/list testers or just send the ones who were chosen PMs, but I'm sure he'll decide which solution is best.

4. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    I'd apply for beta testing, but then again... Beta testing is something really hard to do and boring as hell sometimes, I often do closed betas for some stuff (not only games), and hell, sometimes a minor glitch or whatever, might completely ruin and crash the game later on... It's really though. .-."
    Then again, I still don't have my R4i working on my 3DS and I'm not that well known around here. =3

Anyways, good luck with the beta testing. ^^

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Sep 21, 2010
    Ecuador
    in front of my computer
    well, good luck than, hope you guys choose well fitted people, hopefully everyone else will see this soon :)

1 person likes this.
  6. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Might it be wise to not list testers? I think that is what I would do, to cut down on the crap that comes with it.

7. Densetsu
    OP

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    Yep, beta testers will be listed in the credits.

I'm sure some of you who are offering your help in beta-testing are aware of what it entails. But for those who haven't beta-tested before or don't know exactly what it is, it can be extremely tedious and requires someone who is meticulous. It might not necessarily be "fun," and the game may be spoiled for you by the time we finish testing. We'll be looking for people who can easily upload screenshots with all their bug reports. Just a heads-up.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    Oh...Uh... If one is testing on a flash card, how can one upload a screenshot?

9. Densetsu
    OP

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Photographs using an actual digital camera, or at least a phone with a decent camera on it.

10. Sora de Eclaune

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    What if the best camera one has is incapable of taking images of a DS's screens when it's turned on? Like, say, all you can see is the screen is too bright even on the lowest setting and everything is blurry?

11. Densetsu
    OP

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Well, then that would be a problem. We need people who can take clear pictures.

One way around this would be to use an emulator that's capable of taking screenshots.

12. Sora de Eclaune

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    Well then...I withdraw my application. I hate emulators. They're either too slow or they don't work right.

4 people like this.
  13. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    ...I'm starting to get excited about this, I'm a little disappointed that I've only recently started paying attention to it.

14. Valiarchon

Valiarchon trentacles

Mar 11, 2010
    melbourne
    Hurr so you're actually encouraging applications? In that case, I'd be quite interested, for obvious reasons. I have both alpha and beta tested for more MMOs than I can even remember, so I know how the drill goes, and I can certainly take screenshots and the like. I've now played the majority of it in Japanese too, if that helps ;o

Anyway, once again, keep at it ;)

15. iggloovortex

iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Stratford, CT
    i dont think he encouraged applcations, i just kinda started a possibly annoying flood of applications >_

16. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    I have been offering to help with this somehow for a while now, I'd gladly test for you guys. :wub:

CONSIDER ME APPLIED.

I have a camera that'll take pictures great and emulators run fine for me, so that's not an issue.

17. Frostic12

Frostic12 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2010
    United States
    Moultrie
    I would like to be a beta tester for the game but waiting for its release is fine as well. Good job on the project btw :D

18. animex2k9

animex2k9 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I own a 3DS, DSi, PC and Laptop. I can run on both Nintendo portables and emulator on both computer. I also had an iPhone4 for taking a picture when playing on a portable consoles. I know how to screenshot on a PC and laptop since I do it a lot on my past beta testing (iOS games and apps).

19. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2007
    Canada
    You guys/girls could try using pm for these type of request you know, instead of trying to flood this topic with request and hope to get an early patch.

2 people like this.
  20. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    To the team:
    I think it's better to keep the chosen beta testers secret until release to prevent flood of their PM box from other users asking to leak it.

good luck to whoever will be chosen.
    It require a lot of time to check and find many times all possible text/menu/items/story/endings etc.

3 people like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted