ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it might be best to remove the percentage as people will be thinking why can't it go faster and of there will be the whiners screaming "Go Faster. I wanna play it now."

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow i really love the fact that you guys are doing a FULL 100% patch for this game i tried plaing it in jap and i was like urm what do i do now lolz anyway thanks for all the hard work you guys and girls (i dont know if any of you are girls but hey) have put into this cant imagne how may hours you all have spent on this and the fact you do it all for free make you legends as you can tell I'm really looking forward to this game.

Thanks a millon guys and girls :)

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well damn! It's that freaking close! I just remembered about this game and then found it almost has a full(?) english patch done! And to have a Ninja and a Phoenix working on it no less!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, seeing it says nearly complete and i can foresee floods of "are we there yet?" after "are u guys done yet?" and similar posts :|
I'm not too worried about it. I'll just abuse my mod powers and snuff any annoying posts out of existence :P

So if i play this now.. i will be able to get though the entire game?
If we released a patch with what we have so far, you'd probably be able to get through the entire game but I'm not satisfied with all of the translations. Until everything has been edited to what I consider acceptable, we won't be releasing a patch. Besides, you wouldn't want to play the patch in its current form anyway. Too many graphical glitches, and the game crashes whenever you try to do certain things.

anyway thanks for all the hard work you guys and girls (i dont know if any of you are girls but hey)
Half the translators are girls. At one point we had more female translators than male.

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only hears of this game literally a month ago and thought this looks amazing, the fact that you are so close to 100% is awesome, keep up the good work :yay:

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well done on the progress guys! I'd say take the percentage off altogether and do it like a major game company. Put in either " TBA 2012" or like the movies, "Coming this (insert season)" LOL

That's how I see each translation project. They're like the movies you wait at the cinemas for :P

Reactions: 2 people

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps I could send you guys a copy of my completed game data, dunno if that would be of some help but just thought I'd offer since playing the game through beta's can be quite bothersome at times. (Note: None of the extra quests are done as I couldn't figure out what to do lol)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it helps I could send you guys a copy of my completed game data, dunno if that would be of some help but just thought I'd offer since playing the game through beta's can be quite bothersome at times. (Note: None of the extra quests are done as I couldn't figure out what to do lol)
I appreciate the offer, but we're using DS1's (a.k.a., A7thSteve from GameFAQs) save file because he unlocked all of the scenarios, including the "true" ending to the game. The save file we have also has all the characters' levels and skills maxed out, all weapons, armor, items, titles, etc. so it makes playing through the game really quick for the purposes of beta testing. But thanks though!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see the progress here, good work ;) Did you end up deciding to use British or American English in the end? I forgot haha.
We went with American English because of character limits. In many cases even a one-character difference (honor vs. honour, etc) determined whether a translation would fit on a line or not.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Nice to see the progress here, good work ;) Did you end up deciding to use British or American English in the end? I forgot haha.
We went with American English because of character limits. In many cases even a one-character difference (honor vs. honour, etc) determined whether a translation would fit on a line or not.
Yeah I thought that may have been the case; I remember when working on it, a lot of the translations felt a bit wrong just because we had gone with the British English originally and had to change some words to make it fit. Well, looking forward to a release regardless, keep at it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1