Brazil
    maaan..... i cant wait!!!!

i want play that game sooooo hard

thanks for all the peoples envolved with this translation

2. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hum... Lots of translations seem be going well, thats awesome. =3
    There like hundreds of games that come out in Japan but never make it to other countries even tho so many of those games are amazing (well, I'm referring mostly to the snes games, but the DS also has plenty of them) also, why did SE refuse to bring this game to America/Europe? I read that some company was interested in localizing it. =S

Well, I'm looking forward to this since it seems like a good rpg.

3. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    To tell the truth, this game didn't do very well in Japan. It currently sells brand-new for 980 yen (a little under USD $13), down from 5980 yen (USD $78) when it was first released. At one point I even saw it as low as 500 yen brand-new. I guess they figured it wouldn't do that well here, either.

There's really not much to the game as far as a deep plot and story are concerned, but that's one of the reasons why I agreed to do this project in the first place. It's a small-enough game that I would be able to translate entirely on my own if I had to.

UPDATE:
    Since I came to this project late, many of the translations are not my own. I have to go back and check all of the older translations to make sure they're correct, so we're currently in the process of editing all the translations.

4. Skelletonike

Portugal
    Well, I did see that most of it's sales were during the first month of releasing and it had a decent score from famitsu, a 31/40 (I guess it'd be something like a 7/10). I don't see how SE would lose money with accepting the deal from that other company, if it didn't sell, it wouldn't be SE losing the money. >.

5. scarzo

scarzo Newbie
    Newcomer

Mozambique
    WOW people, iam folowing this one for long time and paciently...(since page 2 of this topic...he he he ) and now it's close Bros,,,just litlle more and.... BANG!!!!!!
    But now iam playing Tactics Ogre PSP on PSP Emulator, so nice!!!

6. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

United States
    Holy crap, is ~78$ USD the norm for ds games in Japan?

7. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    5000-6000 yen is the standard price of a new DS game in Japan. But when I lived there 3 years ago, the exchange rate was 124 yen to USD $1. So at that rate, it was $40-$48 for a game. Now that the yen is really strong (77 yen to USD $1), it comes out to $65-$78.

But yeah, even $40-$48 for a DS game is a little high by US pricing conventions.

8. Skelletonike

Portugal
    I just made the maths, (well, google did 100¥ = 0.95€) seems like the prices for games in Japan are the same as the ones for Europe (the countries that use the Euro not the others).

9. Devicros

Devicros Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Looking forward to this translation. I can finally know what the storyline is when i play it

10. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

I'm so excited for the completion of this game's translation!

11. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    Ok, so we've finally managed to extract the images from the ROM containing Japanese text (thanks to pleonex!). I've already translated them all, and we're just waiting for our graphics masters Zarcon and Zydaline to Photoshop the Japanese text out and replace it with the translations so we can reinsert them into the ROM.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    You don't have the background as a clean picture?

There's a lot of overlay on each pictures, but it should be possible to merge the non-overlayed parts to recreate the background pictures.
    Then only few parts would need editing/recreating the picture.

13. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    I know, you'd think there should be a clean background image hidden somewhere in the ROM, right?

PG and I both tried looking for it, but no luck. But it's probably no longer necessary to find one because Zydaline managed to clean it up already ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    He actually made it seem like the words were never there in the first place.
    Looks like what the clean background would have been.
    He found some pretty badass fonts for it, too.

15. cloudstr1

cloudstr1 Member
    Newcomer

hi people just checking everyone is still alive lolz thanks again for the patch i'm really looking forwood to it.

16. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Of course it's still alive. It's been a little more than a week since not just one, but two members of the project posted updates in this thread. They're the two posts above yours. Don't expect updates every day, especially now that they're into the editing/bug-testing phase, because you can never be sure how many errors or bugs have crept into the game, so you can't provide any sort of accurate percentage.

4 people like this.
  17. tk615

tk615 GBAtemp Regular

Patience a virtue.... :)

2 people like this.
  18. DavidDang

DavidDang Newbie
    Newcomer

I just found this topic and i noticed that the polls decided on "behemoths" but i thought the creatures were called Gigants? Well that's the name I've seen on the wikipedia and what they're called in trailers for the game

oh and i just wanted to say thank you guys so much for doing this! i'm glad that by the time i remembered about this game the project has progressed so much. can't wait for the patch release! :)

19. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Gigant is the name of one of the behemoths.

20. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    The Wikipedia is incorrect. Gigant is the name of one of the Behemoths.

So the Behemoths are: Gigant, Fenrir, Ifrit, Gilgamesh, Shiva and Bahamut.

*EDIT*
    Ninja'd by PG :angry:

I'm doing a playthrough of the game right now to get context on the few remaining untranslated lines, and at the same time I'm in the process of editing the entire storyline text. DS1 has been AWOL for a while, which happens from time to time when he's busy. So right now it's just me editing the translated storyline, which is why it's taking a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASED], Bahamut, English