dave11674

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI guys im wondering if you can help me out here

ive not touched my o3DS for over a year now so was out of date
im on firmware 4.5
ive brought my gateway up to date as of today.
I want to play this game as I like the zelda series. played them all just about.

anyways
where is my save file
its driving me crazy
im on emunand (latest nintendo version as of today too 10.2 I think)
I was lead to believe they save to the root of my internal SD card inside the o3ds !!
but nothing is there !
when I load the game back it it picks up where I left off, so i know the save file is somewhere !!!

where can the save file be lol
ive searched the SD card for *.sav files and nothing

thanks

dave

Last edited by dave11674,

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, guys. I backed up my save using save data filer, modified it using the online editor and then tried to inject the save back using save data filer again. It fails every time and says, "Level: -4 Summary: 6 Module: 17 Desc: 760"
Did I miss a step?

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, guys. I backed up my save using save data filer, modified it using the online editor and then tried to inject the save back using save data filer again. It fails every time and says, "Level: -4 Summary: 6 Module: 17 Desc: 760"
Did I miss a step?
Hey get in contact with @Goombi, maybe there's a bug on the online version (I never tested it to make sure it worked, unfortunately).

benstephens56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get the online version to work with little success. I create a file named SaveData.bin with the editor, however, the file in my data folder for the game is named 00000001.sav. When I try replacing the file on my SD card, the game won't load and the system crashes. Alternatively, when I rename my .bin file to my .sav file, the game loads but it says my data is corrupted and the game starts me on a fresh save. Am I not doing the right thing? I feel like I have to be doing something very wrong here.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sounds like you where trying to replace an encrypted save with an unencrypted save.

dit you use a save data manager to import the save into the game?
you need to do that in order to encrypt the save.

benstephens56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you where trying to replace an encrypted save with an unencrypted save.

dit you use a save data manager to import the save into the game?
you need to do that in order to encrypt the save.
Sorry, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that stuff. How exactly would I do that? Do I need to install some homebrew app?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, and i think you're out of luck.
homebrew launcher can't pass the eshop versions of TFH to any homebrew, so you'd need an older hack with the ability to install cia files to manage the save from a digital copy.

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Did I miss a step?
Could you try the following steps?
1) Go in game, save and exit, extract your save with save data filer
2) Try to reinject it without edit
3) Open it in the online save editor, check it displays correct informations about your game progress.
4) Don't do any change and export it
5) Inject the normally almost identical save (yeah I consider any non-completed level as never attempted and vice-versa but that never hurted my tests)
6) Try to load your game

Tell me on which step it fails.
Also could you give me your 3DS model, region and version? (and version+region of the game)
If step 3 or 5 fails, send me your save file.

Trying to get the online version to work with little success. I create a file named SaveData.bin with the editor, however, the file in my data folder for the game is named 00000001.sav. When I try replacing the file on my SD card, the game won't load and the system crashes. Alternatively, when I rename my .bin file to my .sav file, the game loads but it says my data is corrupted and the game starts me on a fresh save. Am I not doing the right thing? I feel like I have to be doing something very wrong here.

You should load a SaveData.bin file extracted from your gamecard. You'll need an homebrew entry point. I used SVDT for my tests.

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm popping out of nowhere but I'm releasing a beta of my save editor :)
That means I'll need one or two beta testers aware of the risks to try it in case I missed something (can dev in class but not test on my 3DS :P).

The editor is a webapp, that means no OS restriction, only a decently updated web browser.
Since it's in HTML/CSS/JS it's by nature open source, feel free to check it. It relies on Bootstrap and jQuery.
I made an offline version that include those in the .zip. The online version will be coming as soon as the beta is over.
To use it, just extract it and open the TFH.html file (and keep the folder placement as it is in the Zip)

Here are the features as of now:
- Detect your language (Only English (minus stages name) and French supported for now, looking for translators!)
- Edit current costume, rupees and voice
- Edit unlocked costumes
- Edit materials you have
- Edit stages progression
- Quick cheat (unlock all costumes, many resources, complete all stages)
- Fixes crc32 on output

Of course your are all credited in the app for doing the research part (and @Reisyukaku for the CRC32 fix code)!

Try it and send me your feedback :)

Extracted the files. Open in browser, but I cannot open any file using the link; "open a file" seems to be dead. Or have I done something dumb/missed out an important action?

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Extracted the files. Open in browser, but I cannot open any file using the link; "open a file" seems to be dead. Or have I done something dumb/missed out an important action?
Weird :/ Let's debug that.
You don't get the "choose a file" screen at all? Or it doesn't load anything after choosing your file?
And what web browser are you using (and it's version if not up to date)?

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird :/ Let's debug that.
You don't get the "choose a file" screen at all? Or it doesn't load anything after choosing your file?
And what web browser are you using (and it's version if not up to date)?

Hi I'm using Firefox, but did also check with IE. Firefox is definitely up-to-date (42.0). I can open the html fine. I see the "open a file" button, but it doesn't do anything.

I don't know if this is related, but I also cannot execute any python scripts by dragging and dropping - I always have to use command line. I thought it was Windows 10, but others tell me they have Windows 10 and can still drag and drop to execute. Is there a possibility that something is iffy in my settings somewhere? It's upgraded from Windows 8.1, itself upgraded from 8, upgraded from 7. Don't want you looking into your work, when actually it could just be this pc. I don't really understand enough about how programming works :(

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Well it seems thats me, it's indeed full of bugs outside of Chrome (Edge loads the file but stage edition and save downloading fails, nothing in Firefox).
Gotta fix all that and will send an update. Sorry about that :/

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well it seems thats me, it's indeed full of bugs outside of Chrome (Edge loads the file but stage edition and save downloading fails, nothing in Firefox).
So all the issues were Browser related?
Explains why I didn't have any issues at all, I used Google Chrome for editing my save file.

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No worries! Grateful for your work.:yaysp:

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Okay, it should now work on Chrome, Firefox and Edge (spent 2 hours only on finding how to download the generated .bin in Edge... dammit MS, I though you wanted to get rid of IE reputation).
I also dropped the offline version, everything is here: TFH Save Editor.
From what I briefly tested, it worked like a charm. Can you test it?

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it should now work on Chrome, Firefox and Edge (spent 2 hours only on finding how to download the generated .bin in Edge... dammit MS, I though you wanted to get rid of IE reputation).
I also dropped the offline version, everything is here: TFH Save Editor.
From what I briefly tested, it worked like a charm. Can you test it?
Do you want me to remove the offline version from the OP then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1