• Likes 11

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As I'm not modifying who you met locally in any way, and am just directly modifying how many friendly tokens you have, Faux Link does not change his dialogue at all.

I have 99 tokens, and he acts as if I had 0 since I'm assuming the game is reading how many people I met locally to keep track of how many he's given me.
Saying this, if you were to have 15, and he were to give you another friendly token, I'm 99.99% positive you'll end up with 16 tokens.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm going to use the 3DS reset trick then.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
What are you trying to accomplish with the reset trick? Are you attempting to get multiple friendly tokens from 1 3DS?
Yeah. Because I want 15 legit coins. I have a N3DS (Rxtools emuNAND) and an o3DS(Gateway emuNAND). This weekend I will be with a friend who has another 3DS(Rxtools emuNAND). My plan is to:
1) Make a backup of the emuNAND on my second 3DS and my friend's 3DS.
2) Start a download play session and enter a level.
3) Turn off both extra 3DSes and reformat the emuNANDs on them by going into system settings and formatting system memory while in emuNAND.
4) Collect the two coins on main 3DS
5) Start a new download play session on my main 3DS as I boot up the newly formatted 3DSes.
6) Join group using download play on both spare 3DSes
7) Repeat steps 2-6

And then when I'm done, I'll just restore the old emuNAND on both systems like nothing ever happened!

D

Deleted-19228

OP
As I'm not modifying who you met locally in any way, and am just directly modifying how many friendly tokens you have, Faux Link does not change his dialogue at all.

I have 99 tokens, and he acts as if I had 0 since I'm assuming the game is reading how many people I met locally to keep track of how many he's given me.
Saying this, if you were to have 15, and he were to give you another friendly token, I'm 99.99% positive you'll end up with 16 tokens.

You will, I've done this. I had 15. Then did a download play with 2 systems, then I had 17.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i don't know for what but when i try to use the save manager with the zelda TFH i only get a red screen i use the Save_Manager on O3ds 10.2 ironhax with the lastes boot.3ds

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .98 release doesn't seem to save the materials back to the savedata.bin after you edit them, at least not for me. Dropping down to .48 seems to work, however. Other things do seem to save fine on .98, such as the costumes tab (which isn't in .48) and the number of rupees.

It doesn't really bother me, since I only wanted to edit in the material you can't get in single player, and .48 seems to work for that, but thought I should mention the problem.

EDIT: On further inspection .48 only saves the material if I also change something else, such as the name. It's possible .98 also would have worked had I tried other stuff after the materials. Either way, there's something slightly off, but I got what I needed done, so thanks.

Last edited by tbb043,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of the video, they used file replacement/modification to load the costume in game. The game treats it as the Hero's Tunic and the doppels were wearing it as well; even though they normally ONLY wear the Hero's Tunic.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found the offset to change your Link's voice. At least for US copies.
It's at offset 0x37C
00=Link Between Worlds
01=Wind Waker
02=Oot/MM
03=Spirit Tracks
Anything above 03 seems to default to the Link Between Worlds voice.

Last edited by Blazingflare,
Reactions: chaojimbo

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's at offset 0x37C
00=Link Between Worlds
01=Wind Waker
02=Oot/MM
03=Spirit Tracks

Woah!
download.jpg

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .98 release doesn't seem to save the materials back to the savedata.bin after you edit them, at least not for me. Dropping down to .48 seems to work, however. Other things do seem to save fine on .98, such as the costumes tab (which isn't in .48) and the number of rupees.

It doesn't really bother me, since I only wanted to edit in the material you can't get in single player, and .48 seems to work for that, but thought I should mention the problem.

EDIT: On further inspection .48 only saves the material if I also change something else, such as the name. It's possible .98 also would have worked had I tried other stuff after the materials. Either way, there's something slightly off, but I got what I needed done, so thanks.

Thanks for letting me know! I fixed it with release 1.2.0.110. I had changed the saving method for the materials (to make it work better), but forgot to change a line of code if you edit a field manually (so, not using the Fast Edit field).

It's at offset 0x37C
00=Link Between Worlds
01=Wind Waker
02=Oot/MM
03=Spirit Tracks

Thanks for finding this! I added it to the latest release.

@fafaffy there's another snippet of info that might come in handy. :)
Thanks for letting me know Shadow; I added the current voice field.

Now I'm still busy this weekend (have a major test on Monday, and lots of homework over the weekend), so the world completion update will still have to wait :|.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TThanks for letting me know Shadow; I added the current voice field.

Now I'm still busy this weekend (have a major test on Monday, and lots of homework over the weekend), so the world completion update will still have to wait :|.
Don't worry, dude.
Just focus on your tests and homework, we can all wait. :P
Good luck!

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm popping out of nowhere but I'm releasing a beta of my save editor :)
That means I'll need one or two beta testers aware of the risks to try it in case I missed something (can dev in class but not test on my 3DS :P).

The editor is a webapp, that means no OS restriction, only a decently updated web browser.
Since it's in HTML/CSS/JS it's by nature open source, feel free to check it. It relies on Bootstrap and jQuery.
I made an offline version that include those in the .zip. The online version will be coming as soon as the beta is over.
To use it, just extract it and open the TFH.html file (and keep the folder placement as it is in the Zip)

Here are the features as of now:
- Detect your language (Only English (minus stages name) and French supported for now, looking for translators!)
- Edit current costume, rupees and voice
- Edit unlocked costumes
- Edit materials you have
- Edit stages progression
- Quick cheat (unlock all costumes, many resources, complete all stages)
- Fixes crc32 on output

Of course your are all credited in the app for doing the research part (and @Reisyukaku for the CRC32 fix code)!

Try it and send me your feedback :)

Attachments

• TFH.zip
    509.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by Goombi,
Reactions: fafaffy

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That means I'll need one or two beta testers aware of the risks to try it in case I missed something (can dev in class but not test on my 3DS :P).

The editor is a webapp, that means no OS restriction, only a decently updated web browser.
Since it's in HTML/CSS/JS it's by nature open source, feel free to check it. It relies on Bootstrap and jQuery.
I made an offline version that include those in the .zip. The online version will be coming as soon as the beta is over.
To use it, just extract it and open the TFH.html file (and keep the folder placement as it is in the Zip)

- Detect your language (Only English (minus stages name) and French supported for now, looking for translators!)
- Edit unlocked costumes
- Fixes crc32 on output

Of course your are all credited in the app for doing the research part (and @Reisyukaku for the CRC32 fix code)!

That looks really nice and is working flawlessly, at least for me. thanks :)

Is it already found out what the offset 5A8 is doing? The value seems to randomly change everytime you save the game.

Last edited by Emenaria,

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- Edit unlocked costumes
- Fixes crc32 on output

Wow, that looks really nice and well done! Good job!

Whenever you feel comfortable for a formal release, post the online version (and if you want, offline version), and I'll update it on the OP!

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Whenever you feel comfortable for a formal release, post the online version (and if you want, offline version), and I'll update it on the OP!
Well I am now :P
I fixed a few CSS and responsive errors and completed the English translation.
So here is the online version (Which works offline since it's 100% Javascript).
I attached the offline of 1.0 to this post. Will probably merge them on next update.

You can put it in the OP ;)

Everyone can send me a PM if you want to translate it in another language or report a bug :)
I'll also keep an eye on the thread to implement more features if more offsets are found and complete my TODO.

EDIT: Offline version dropped, use the online one ;)

Last edited by Goombi,

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am now :P
I fixed a few CSS and responsive errors and completed the English translation.
So here is the online version (Which works offline since it's 100% Javascript).
I attached the offline of 1.0 to this post. Will probably merge them on next update.

You can put it in the OP ;)

Everyone can send me a PM if you want to translate it in another language or report a bug :)
I'll also keep an eye on the thread to implement more features if more offsets are found and complete my TODO.
Updated the OP with this info, note if you ever update your editor make sure to edit your original (the one I'm quoting) post as it's the post I'm pointing to in the OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer