• Start date
  • Views 88,085
  • Replies 313
  • Likes 11

KainTDK

Trophies
XP
Country
Why isn't this working for me ? I used the online editor and ran the save.bin with the software through cmd, but when I open the game I see no changes.. HAAAALP ME

EDIT: is it maybe because I'm on emunand 11 ?

MarBean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what file do i need to open? i have no idea where to go and i hardly know how to navigate or even find tfh on my sd card. i have a homebrewed o3ds, but i dont think it makes a difference. i really want to use this... please help!

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to edit the name entered on the save file? or am i better off making a new file and just editing until i have the things i had in the other save?

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just curious, but does anyone know how to have a name that is longer than 16 bytes in length?
I know the name value is located at 0x330-0x33F in savedata.bin, but can't figure out how to do stuff like these.
PftRth7.png

KOUCiI4.png

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing some tinkering in RAM and the max Hero Points is actually 2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF in Hex). The game will only display up to 999, but it can be confirmed as a 4 byte signed integer by setting the value to -2147483648 (0x80000000 in Hex), which will be cited by the cicada tree/Mr. Tudor at the full negative value. Only 30 are required to activate the Bear Minimum costume, but this can allow for far more free materials form the trader

Just curious, but does anyone know how to have a name that is longer than 16 bytes in length?
I know the name value is located at 0x330-0x33F in savedata.bin, but can't figure out how to do stuff like these.
PftRth7.png

KOUCiI4.png
the range is indeed correct (0x330-0x33F). I've tested longer strings in RAM, but only 8 characters can be displayed max even if you overflow to additional bytes. Each character is 2 bytes, so those 16 bytes are all you have to work with. The specific examples you have in the images are from Japanese/Chinese keyboard settings. The lower name on the second image is likely the mii name of the user's 3DS profile.

Keep in mind the characters are 2 bytes each and are in little-endian format. To convert display characters to hex values, this table should work - just remember to reverse the values displayed in the Unicode window when using them (for example: U+ABCD would become CDAB in the hex editor). Try to avoid using characters not found on the in-game keyboards as it may result in garbage display (due to that character not existing in the in-game font) - assuming it doesn't simply crash the game.

Last edited by iSharingan,

TheFanOfLink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a TUTORIAL on how to hack Tri Force Heroes with the Save Data hack on this GBATemp post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy!!!

So to use this for other people you would need CFW on your 3DS, Checkpoint on 3DS, and a Save Data Backup on Triforce heroes. When you have all of that eject your SD card on go onto the PC. Go to your SD card, and go to C:/SD/3ds. (On the root of your SD card go to the 3ds folder. Once again only for CFW users. You should see a folder in 3ds called Checkpoint. Go there and then go to saves. Click on the Tri Force Heroes file. Now you should see a folder called whatever you named your backup (I named mines TriforceHeroesBak) and click on your backup. You should see a file called SaveData.bin. Copy that to wherever you want to put it. Now rename the SaveData.bin to SaveDataBak.bin on wherever you put it. Open the online executor. Click Open File and click SaveDataBak.bin and click Select. Now edit whatever you want like get all costumes and click save. It should download another SaveData.bin and when it does put the SaveData.bin into the Tri-Force Heros backup (C:/SD/3ds/Checkpoint/saves/Tri Force Heroes/) and put the new SaveData.bin onto there. DO NOT PUT TFHCHECKS.RAR ONTO SELECT FILE BECAUSE THAT WILL CORRUPT THE SAVEDATA.BIN!!! When you put your new SaveData.bin there you can eject the SD card. Put it onto the 3ds and open Checkpoint. When you do restore your Save Data by selecting the save data and clicking A or R. Open Tri Force Heroes. You will get an update notification. Do it if you want to enter the online mode. Then you're done. You should have hacked you Save Data. Enjoy!

TheFanOfLink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me? I need to Know to how to Extract the Savedata.bin From triforce heroes and how to exactly edit the value for Friendly tokens
You dont need the .exe version for editing i use the online version and also for savedata.bin you need to backup original save data with checkpoint and go to sd/3ds/checkpoint/triforce heroes/savedata.bin and delete that. when you do put your new savedata.bin there and restore it with checkpoint..

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need the .exe version for editing i use the online version and also for savedata.bin you need to backup original save data with checkpoint and go to sd/3ds/checkpoint/triforce heroes/savedata.bin and delete that. when you do put your new savedata.bin there and restore it with checkpoint..
you're replying to posts over 4 years old that have already been answered. Please check the timestamps.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over