Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neato, hey look people are hosting patreon accounts and making money off my work :P
I wouldn't say he's making money off of your work in particular. While he does have a part for your work in his videos he also does 3DS and other Wii U news. I follow the guy on Youtube which how I heard about this in the first place. His tutorials are also very intuitive if I ever get stuck on anything

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wouldn't say he's making money off of your work in particular. While he does have a part for your work in his videos he also does 3DS and other Wii U news. I follow the guy on Youtube which how I heard about this in the first place. His tutorials are also very intuitive if I ever get stuck on anything
This ^^^
I don't see anything wrong while he is taking donations for his visual material.

GrandEmpress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an issue. I successfully injected a NGC game onto my Wii U and placed the data on my external hard drive. However, everytime I try and boot up the game, it goes into Nintendon't and gives me a screen tellimg me that I lack AHB access and the IOS58 can't be loaded.

I'm not sure what the deal is here. I have Nintendont on my SD card and the meta script DOES in fact have the specific line that it's asking for. "apps" folder on the root menu, right? I'm not sure exactly where I'm going wrong.

Is anyone able to assist me with this issue?

LonelyDriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work but now my question now is how can I get 20xx to work? I know how to do it for dolphin but idk if it works the same and if it does, where can I find the save file for melee so I can put 20xx

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an issue. I successfully injected a NGC game onto my Wii U and placed the data on my external hard drive. However, everytime I try and boot up the game, it goes into Nintendon't and gives me a screen tellimg me that I lack AHB access and the IOS58 can't be loaded.

I'm not sure what the deal is here. I have Nintendont on my SD card and the meta script DOES in fact have the specific line that it's asking for. "apps" folder on the root menu, right? I'm not sure exactly where I'm going wrong.

Is anyone able to assist me with this issue?

Is your build of nintendont on the sd card in sd:\apps\nintendont the latest up to date build? I haven't had an issue with it, and the only thing I've done to vWii is install the homebrew channel through wuphax. And I went in and ran nintendont once with a random game on sd to generate my config file.

GrandEmpress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your build of nintendont on the sd card in sd:\apps\nintendont the latest up to date build? I haven't had an issue with it, and the only thing I've done to vWii is install the homebrew channel through wuphax. And I went in and ran nintendont once with a random game on sd to generate my config file.

Yep that's what it was, apparently. I got it figured out. Thank you. Everything seems to be running butter smooth now. I have one other question however. If you have 2 ISOs, one being the original and the other being a hacked/patched varient, how would you get the saves to not merge with one another? I'm having an issue with my Pokemon XD and Pokemon XG saves merging with one another and can't seem to understand why that is. (Sorry I'm kinda technology stupid lol)

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's what it was, apparently. I got it figured out. Thank you. Everything seems to be running butter smooth now. I have one other question however. If you have 2 ISOs, one being the original and the other being a hacked/patched varient, how would you get the saves to not merge with one another? I'm having an issue with my Pokemon XD and Pokemon XG saves merging with one another and can't seem to understand why that is. (Sorry I'm kinda technology stupid lol)

Truth be told, I have no idea how to prevent that in a simple way, as I've never had that issue. One way you might be able to do it is to have 2 different sd cards, one small one just for the modded isos, or just swap saves as needed. Hopefully, someone more versed in these matters will be able to give you a better answer. XD

Glad you got nintendont figured! :)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you though. Very poor taste. And its an extremely ugly tutorial. And holy ADS and Cookie surveillance batman.
No I meant MY JOKE was in poor taste LOL, anyways let's drop this

If you open your game in a hex editor and change the Title ID slightly, you will be able to accomplish this. For example, You have GXXE01 as the title ID for Pokemon XD, for Pokemon XG you could set the title ID to GXXE02 I believe, and you'd be fine. I did the opposite of this actually, the Super Mario Sunshine Multiplayer mod was using a separate save file from single player because its title ID was GSME02, so I changed it to GSME01.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I meant MY JOKE was in poor taste LOL, anyways let's drop this

If you open your game in a hex editor and change the Title ID slightly, you will be able to accomplish this. For example, You have GXXE01 as the title ID for Pokemon XD, for Pokemon XG you could set the title ID to GXXE02 I believe, and you'd be fine. I did the opposite of this actually, the Super Mario Sunshine Multiplayer mod was using a separate save file from single player because its title ID was GSME02, so I changed it to GSME01.

How long until the GUI Script is released?

Reactions: TeconMoon

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@huma_dawii I can say that the new-and-much-improved WiiVC Injector is absurdly close to being done, I just don't want to give a time-frame and get everyone's hopes up just to disappoint. I'm still really new to C# and I keep finding really stupid bugs. Testing in a variety of Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 VMs to make sure different OS' aren't affected.

@SuperMarioeKirbyfan Thanks for reporting your username issue with the current injection script, thanks to that I was able to make sure that special characters in the username field won't break game generation in the WiiVC Injector Rewrite.

Reactions: huma_dawii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...