Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Runs fine in Dolphin.

Turns out Mac applies the same limitations as FAT16 to FAT32 drives and doesn't allow files over 2GB. Switched to Windows and it copied. Now to see if it installs...
just becuase an iso runs in dolphin does not mean it runs on nintendont, since nintendont has issues with broken isos becuase of misalignent some games have when shrunken or badly dumped.

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just becuase an iso runs in dolphin does not mean it runs on nintendont, since nintendont has issues with broken isos becuase of misalignent some games have when shrunken or badly dumped.
PM is a Wii game... Nintendont does GC games.

EDIT: Now it hangs at 0% when trying to install.

Last edited by ghostpotato,

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There's definetly something wrong. Try play the iso on Dolphin and see if the game works fine.

Maybe try remove nincfg.bin from the sd card (backup that first)

I did and now there's a black screen with the text "nincfg.bin not found!"
What exactly am I doing wrong? I followed all the steps, I have the boot.dol in the nintendont folder which is in the apps folder.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and now there's a black screen with the text "nincfg.bin not found!"
What exactly am I doing wrong? I followed all the steps, I have the boot.dol in the nintendont folder which is in the apps folder.
Do you have a gamecube bios on the sd card? Is your Nintendont boot.dol up to date? As for the nincfg.bin not found I think you have to redo the settings and actually launch a game for it to save(doing the from vWii HBC can fix this). For me, when I had this problem it was because I had a bad bios file on my sd card and also I think PAL bios don't work at all. It should be file called iplxxx.bin(xxx being the region the bios file is from). I deleted it and got a new one and nintendont has worked perfectly for me ever since. A lot of people are also saying corrupt sd Cards can also cause this issue.

Allav866

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I quickly threw together a couple of templates for making HOME Menu icons for all your GCN/Wii games. For GameCube, just edit a screen capture of your game's title screen to be 128x96, then copy it, then open the template in GIMP and choose the layer, "Paste title screen here," and do just that. Export as PNG, and you got yourself an icon that'll look right at home on the Wii U's HOME Menu!

Wii is a bit more tricky, since officially released games use the games' banners for their icons, and I can't for the life of me find any decent screen captures of those, so I just use title screens for those as well. :/

https://mega.nz/#F!vUJHGB4J!GaTSRta_7D171jZGRfPY-g

Here's a few I made myself:
XGuaqiy.png
SxHy8kX.png
qWNtdNG.png

Last edited by Allav866,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I quickly threw together a couple of templates for making HOME Menu icons for all your GCN/Wii games. For GameCube, just edit a screen capture of your game's title screen to be 128x96, then copy it, then open the template in GIMP and choose the layer, "Paste title screen here," and do just that. Export as PNG, and you got yourself an icon that'll look right at home on the Wii U's HOME Menu!

Wii is a bit more tricky, since officially released games use the games' banners for their icons, and I can't for the life of me find any decent screen captures of those, so I just use title screens for those as well. :/
....the icons you made are nice, but have you seen THIS thread?

Last edited by mightymuffy,

plastikman187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted earlier but it might have gotten lost. How are you guys getting WiiSXR to load? I have tried using the forwarder built with the script but I always boot into a black screen.

I can load WiiSXR just fine I. vWii mode but a forwarder always leads to a black screen.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I posted earlier but it might have gotten lost. How are you guys getting WiiSXR to load? I have tried using the forwarder built with the script but I always boot into a black screen.

I can load WiiSXR just fine I. vWii mode but a forwarder always leads to a black screen.
got the correct name on files?

sd/apps/wiisxr/boot.dol?

Last edited by pedro702,

plastikman187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the correct name on files?

sd/apps/wiisxr/boot.dol?

Yes, the path is correct. I have tried with upper and lower case. Neither seems to matter. I have tried the injector on 2 different computers. I have tried with and without unlocked CPU.

I feel like I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what.

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do you have a gamecube bios on the sd card? Is your Nintendont boot.dol up to date? As for the nincfg.bin not found I think you have to redo the settings and actually launch a game for it to save(doing the from vWii HBC can fix this). For me, when I had this problem it was because I had a bad bios file on my sd card and also I think PAL bios don't work at all. It should be file called iplxxx.bin(xxx being the region the bios file is from). I deleted it and got a new one and nintendont has worked perfectly for me ever since. A lot of people are also saying corrupt sd Cards can also cause this issue.
I don't have a gamecube bios, the instructions didn't say anything about needing to add a gamecube bios.
My nintendont boot.dol is up to date
The only thing I might have different is that I've never booted Nintendont before. I only have homebrew channel on my vWii and I currently don't have a Wiimote to access the vWii.
Do I have to launch/install Nintendont from the homebrew channel on the vWii? If that's the case, then why isn't that in the instructions? I thought I just had to follow the instructions and then I'd be able to get the game running.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't have a gamecube bios, the instructions didn't say anything about needing to add a gamecube bios.
The only thing I might have different is that I've never booted Nintendont before. I only have homebrew channel on my vWii and I currently don't have a Wiimote to access the vWii.
Do I have to launch/install Nintendont from the homebrew channel on the vWii? If that's the case, then why isn't that in the instructions? I thought I just had to follow the instructions and then I'd be able to get the game running.
yes you cant run autobooter until you boot nintendont atleast once from noone autoboot version,since you lack a ninconfig.bin on sd card download this rar and grab the ninconfig only and put it on the root of your sd card the rest dont use thme they are old.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhuxb4e9auhxb4x/1-Nintendont+files+to+put+on+the++root+of+the+SD.rar

Last edited by pedro702,

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to have a bios, it's optional. You can get a Wii U homebrew app that lets you go directly to HBC in vWii to access Nintendont that way. You just have to make sure you have a second apps folder on the root of your sd card with the latest Nintendont app in its own folder in it. You need a games folder on your root also that has your gamecube iso renamed game.iso. Boot into the Wii U Homebrew Launcher and launch the hbl2hbc app. Then once in the HBC, load nintendont. Select sd, then enter settings(B button I believe). Enable, at the very least, MemCard Emulation and Wii U widescreen. Next boot up your iso. You have to boot up the iso to save the settings. This should create the nincfg.bin file on the root of your sd card. This could help, but I know a lot of people, including myself, have had this issue and the devs can't replicate it and they can't fix what they can't replicate. Also, I've once read in the Nintendont thread, Nintendont is finicky about certain sd cards. What kind of sd card do you have?

EDIT: or follow Pedro702's advice. He's a collaborator on Nintendont, he knows his shit. His advice is definitely better.

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KhaderWelaye Thanks for this script. Been going mad injecting GCN games left and right in preparation of a multiplayer marathon over T-giving with my siblings. I do have a feature request, if it's possible. Once the injections are done, and the directory is made, I've been going in and adding the title of the game to the beginning of the folder name so I know what I'll be installing. Would it be possible to have the script auto-prefix the title you supply to the final directory? If not, no big deal. I just thought it might be nice if anyone else is doing things like I am. Thanks again for your awesome script.

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You don't have to have a bios, it's optional. You can get a Wii U homebrew app that lets you go directly to HBC in vWii to access Nintendont that way. You just have to make sure you have a second apps folder on the root of your sd card with the latest Nintendont app in its own folder in it. You need a games folder on your root also that has your gamecube iso renamed game.iso. Boot into the Wii U Homebrew Launcher and launch the hbl2hbc app. Then once in the HBC, load nintendont. Select sd, then enter settings(B button I believe). Enable, at the very least, MemCard Emulation and Wii U widescreen. Next boot up your iso. You have to boot up the iso to save the settings. This should create the nincfg.bin file on the root of your sd card. This could help, but I know a lot of people, including myself, have had this issue and the devs can't replicate it and they can't fix what they can't replicate. Also, I've once read in the Nintendont thread, Nintendont is finicky about certain sd cards. What kind of sd card do you have?
/QUOTE]
I'm using a Toshiba SDHC 4 GB card, the ones that were bundled with o3DS XLs.
yes you cant run autobooter until you boot nintendont atleast once from noone autoboot version,since you lack a ninconfig.bin on sd card download this rar and grab the ninconfig only and put it on the root of your sd card the rest dont use thme they are old.
I added the file you provided, still the same black screen.
I'm going to try to run a HBC forwarder and go straight to Nintendont and try to boot the game from there and see if that helps

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the path is correct. I have tried with upper and lower case. Neither seems to matter. I have tried the injector on 2 different computers. I have tried with and without unlocked CPU.

I feel like I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what.
And you are sure the path is sd://apps/ and not sd://wiiu/apps ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed