Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recall someone pointing out an issue with the knife and the L/ZL/R/ZR triggers with RE4 Wii using the current script and c2w patch.
@cucholix seems to have the same issue as well:
Does anyone else have problems with the ZL/ZR to L/R patch? In RE4 I can't use the knife, the L and ZL are both mapped to the same botton (ZR)
Anyone has some insight into this problem?

Reactions: cucholix

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall someone pointing out an issue with the knife and the L/ZL/R/ZR triggers with RE4 Wii using the current script and c2w patch.
@cucholix seems to have the same issue as well:

Anyone has some insight into this problem?
Not sure if this is a problem with the ZLZR patch or a problem with the way that RE4 detects button inputs.

I'll test with a couple games and report back. I know Mario Kart Wii at least worked with the ZLZR patch, I'll check if Mario Kart Wii works with the force classic controller patch (even though it's not required) and the ZLZR patch put together.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Not sure if this is a problem with the ZLZR patch or a problem with the way that RE4 detects button inputs.

I'll test with a couple games and report back. I know Mario Kart Wii at least worked with the ZLZR patch, I'll check if Mario Kart Wii works with the force classic controller patch (even though it's not required) and the ZLZR patch put together.
If the patch was though for Mario Kart Wii in mind then it would be the problem, the game doesn't use the ZL button, you use 3 shoulders buttons: ZR to look backwards, R to drift, and L to use item. So even if the patch was missing the ZL button Mario Kart Wii would be perfectly playable.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the patch was though for Mario Kart Wii in mind then it would be the problem, the game doesn't use the ZL button, you use 3 shoulders buttons: ZR to look backwards, R to drift, and L to use item. So even if the patch was missing the ZL button Mario Kart Wii would be perfectly playable.
What about Black Ops?
That one uses all trigger buttons, would be a good test subject.

L = Flash / Concussive grenade
R = Frag / Stick grenade
ZL = Aim down sights
ZR = Shoot

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What about Black Ops?
That one uses all trigger buttons, would be a good test subject.

L = Flash / Concussive grenade
R = Frag / Stick grenade
ZL = Aim down sights
ZR = Shoot
Yes, it would be a good test subject, does it detects classic controller at the start? or has the same problem as RE4?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, it would be a good test subject, does it detects classic controller at the start? or has the same problem as RE4?
From previous comments, it seems like it's one of the games which gets the CCP right from the start (unlike RE4).
It's not an early game so it should work properly with the normal CC option. (No instantcc)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like whoever ported my original fw.img patch offsets into nfs2iso2nfs (probably piratesephiroth) missed 2 of the required patches to swap l and r, it should be 8 but I just checked and only 6 things get applied so thats probably a missing button swap.
Oh neat, I'll hold off on testing until there's a nfs2iso2nfs 0.5.6 or something then.

Gamefry1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're just running the script right, not dragging and dropping files on it? Anyways post the log.txt as this dump isn't too helpful, and also list what files you have placed under SOURCE_FILES.[/QUOTE]

This is the text. and I am uploading these files as in the source files folder. The only editing I've done to the source files is resizing the picture's dimensions:
bootDrcTex.png
bootLogoTex.png
bootSound.wav
bootTvTex.png
game.gcm
iconTex.png

Last edited by Gamefry1,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gamefry1 Your bootSound.wav file is failing to be converted with the following error:

FAIL formats: can't open input file `.\SOURCE_FILES\bootSound.wav': WAVE: RIFF header not found

Open your wav file with audacity or something and re-save it as a wav.

Gamefry1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set force widescreen in my config file since almost all games work decently with it and then the force 43 options works good for games that don't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're just running the script right, not dragging and dropping files on it? Anyways post the log.txt as this dump isn't too helpful, and also list what files you have placed under SOURCE_FILES.
This is the text. and I am uploading these files as in the source files folder. The only editing I've done to the source files is resizing the picture's dimensions:
bootDrcTex.png
bootLogoTex.png
bootSound.wav
bootTvTex.png
game.gcm
iconTex.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Gamefry1 Your bootSound.wav file is failing to be converted with the following error:

FAIL formats: can't open input file `.\SOURCE_FILES\bootSound.wav': WAVE: RIFF header not found

Open your wav file with audacity or something and re-save it as a wav.
That fixed my problem thank you!

Attachments

• log.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 648

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's pretty self explanatory. If autoboot is on, Nintendont is autobooted with the preset configuration. No autoboot means it will just load the nintendont menu where you can configure options from there before launching your game.
Can we configure nintendont from games that has autoboot enabled?

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can you guys help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to inject Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, I followed every step in the OP, but when I start the game, I get a blackscreen and a text that reads "boot.dol not found!"
What do I have to do?

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a custom PM ISO and when I run it through this script, it creates .app files larger than 2GB. How should I go about installing it?

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can you guys help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to inject Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, I followed every step in the OP, but when I start the game, I get a blackscreen and a text that reads "boot.dol not found!"
What do I have to do?
I was missing some files in my SD.
Now I've found another issue, there's a black screen and I can't do anything.

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I created a custom PM ISO and when I run it through this script, it creates .app files larger than 2GB. How should I go about installing it?
There's definetly something wrong. Try play the iso on Dolphin and see if the game works fine.
I was missing some files in my SD.
Now I've found another issue, there's a black screen and I can't do anything.
Maybe try remove nincfg.bin from the sd card (backup that first)

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's definetly something wrong. Try play the iso on Dolphin and see if the game works fine.

Runs fine in Dolphin.

Turns out Mac applies the same limitations as FAT16 to FAT32 drives and doesn't allow files over 2GB. Switched to Windows and it copied. Now to see if it installs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o