1. Air-In

Air-In Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to do a vc injection of gamecube games on my wii u and I'm running into the same issue over and over. It says installed correctly but when I try to load it up, it acts like it's going to load but then just reboots to the wii u menu.

It's been a while since I messed around with my wii u so I don't remember exactly how I modded it but I can say that I run haxchi when I boot up my system and then mocha runs also, appreciate any help

2. Expat123

Expat123 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This tool has been great, I've been loving it to load my Gamecube games fro the Wii U homescreen and be able to play them on the gamepad.

The gamepad is kind of clunky for long gaming sessions though and the battery isn't so great.

I was thinking of buying an official Nintendo Wii U Pro controller. I know Nintendont supports the pro controller, but will I be able to use the Pro controller when launching games form the Wii U homescreen the way I've installed these games to be able to use the gamepad?

Or will I need to install them all again in a different way to be able to play my Gamecube games using the Pro controller?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

You wouldn't have to reinstall them with a different controller.

There are certain Wii games that can support the gamepad and only those would need to be reinstalled and choose options in the injector to use gamepad with those games. Gamecube games just use Nintendont so they don't need to be reinstalled.

Last edited Aug 27, 2020
  4. agumon1123

agumon1123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Whenever I try to load a GameCube game that i used the injector for I get an error message that says no fat device found and nothing I do seems to fix that do you know what causes that?

5. LoveYouChunk

LoveYouChunk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for my first post to be a question, but I've been looking in a lot of places for the answer to a problem I've been having. I'm trying to make injects of FCEUGX, SNES9XGX and VBAGX with TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector Tool, but any time I load a boot.dol into it I run into issues. I get the following error which asks me to continue or quit. Quit closes the program, but if I use continue the "meta options are valid" requirement stays red and I can't build. Is there any guides out there on this, or can someone help me out? I would really appreciate it. Also, thank all of you for such a wonderful site!

Code:
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length
       at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
       at TeconMoon_s_WiiVC_Injector.WiiVC_Injector.GameSourceButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

6. Encarta

Encarta Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm fairly new to all of this and still learning, but when I use the gamepad to load gamecube injects it works fine except no rumble (which I read on another thread will probably never happen) but when using just the pro controller, it requests me to point a wiimote at the TV to select an option. So you may need a working wiimote and sensor bar too (it doesn't seem to allow me to use the one one the gamepad instead for this purpose).
    I may have missed a setting somewhere or maybe there's another piece of software that resolves this, but as it is, playing with just the pro controller may not work for you. Also, the pro controller does work with rumble.

7. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Awesome piece of Software, really, with additional Mass Converter it would be the nicest converter id every used. :)

Just Starting with Wii Games, i saw that there is some where a List which games are working with Pro Controller or the WiiU GamePad.. didnt found it.. could somebody give me the link? :)

Thaanks in advance,

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list

But Pro Controller is the Wii U Pro Controller correct? Don't think that works at all with Wii games. There's not even a hacky way to make it work. Classic Controller would work however.

evilone likes this.
  9. LoveYouChunk

LoveYouChunk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's in the gbatemp wiki under List_of_Wii_games_compatible_with_Classic_Controller. I can't post links yet :-(

evilone likes this.
  10. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Thank you both guys :)

11. Sunfox

Sunfox Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    So, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of the different content that can be installed on the Wii U, and how to do it.

So far I seem pretty clear on dealing with Wii U eShop downloads (including the smattering of Wii titles re-released specifically for Wii U), injected Wii retail ISOs made with this tool, and even GameCube injections.

But I'm still iffy on Wii WiiWare. As far as I can tell, there's no way to do an injection with WiiWare titles; they have to be installed in vWii mode and the best you can do is an injection that points to the vWii title ID. But you're stuck with the card space/quantity limits of vWii mode. Is that correct?

12. asboy

asboy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you compress Gamecube and Wii games before making an inject? If so, how?

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

No you can't. Best to just get an external hard drive. I have a 750 gb, and it's reached it's limit with 300 games. Some are small like ds but others are big like Wii U, plenty of room for Gamecube/Wii. They're not all that expensive.

14. asboy

asboy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks. Not a huge worry for me since there's not that many I want to play.

15. Feffe

Feffe GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Yes, WiiWare games stay on vWii NAND.

16. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    is there a way to play gamecube games on wiiu with dual shock 4 ou 3 using the usb cable connected?

I have tried an app from HBC but it doesnt recognize the ds4

17. eyeball226

eyeball226 GBAtemp Regular

So, I've just come back to Wii U homebrew after quite a few years away and I'm trying to get up to speed.

Is there some kind of forwarder I could inject with this tool that would get me to the vWii system menu with gamepad support or am I going to have to do individual Title redirects for all of my Wiiware?

18. kagami

kagami Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    same question here, is there also a compatibility list for Wiiware?

19. asboy

asboy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you have to use the gamepad when launching an injected GC game from the Wii U menu? I tried launching with my Gamecube adapter plugged in but I get a black screen.

20. ElTusto

ElTusto Newbie
    Newcomer

Is there a way of getting the injected games to save the MCEMU to a USB stick rather than the SD card? I get a crash whenever MCEMU is turned on. When I run games off a usb stick directly with Nintendont through vWii and it saves to the USB stick I have no issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Injector, Homebrew