Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a lot of errors trying to Download a game, no access to memory location it runs out of attempts and fails.
it seems i cannot download two things one after the other, the second one will always fail, the first one downloads correctly.
It's a Windows release so I doubt you're going to get much support for Mac issues here.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
By original games you mean just the standard game and not modded games correct? Just download, install and play?
Yes, disc based games can be installed on a regular system without needing signature patching.

I'm getting a lot of errors trying to Download a game, no access to memory location it runs out of attempts and fails.
it seems i cannot download two things one after the other, the second one will always fail, the first one downloads correctly.

Unfortunately this may very well be because you are on Mac OSX. I don't have one so I do not offer support on this OS, sorry.

Wait, you need redNAND for this to work? And some games downloaded from the program could potentially brick my wii U after installing them using the website exploit?

Is it safer to just use Loadiine and an SD for games?

As always, I prefer taking precautions but I don't see how you could brick your system with content downloaded from my application.
Rednand-only titles will not install at all and games of other regions will not execute, but that's pretty much all. If you use the app copy feature you shouldn't even get any error during installation, so no corrupted game data on your system.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to be extra safe then just use the tickets rar instead of the website. Only legit games that work straight from regular sysnad.

Last edited by subcon959,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing program, use it all the time. It has 1 major bug though that i wouldn't think would be too hard to address. What happens is, i click on a small eshop game like say lovely planet, and it shows me the banner and icon for lovely planet. Though, in actuality, it selected lost reavers, which is 10x bigger, and not that fun. This happens, all the time, where i click one game but it downloads the adjacent game. Would love to see this addressed.

Pablovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's a Windows release so I doubt you're going to get much support for Mac issues here.
Yeah, I switched to Windows 7 on an old laptop, and it works, but still cannot queue downloads, the second one will always fail at some point. So I'm just downloading one thing at a time.

Great app! And I'm using something similar to rednand, the only downside is you have to start CFW every time you boot the Wii U.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Amazing program, use it all the time. It has 1 major bug though that i wouldn't think would be too hard to address. What happens is, i click on a small eshop game like say lovely planet, and it shows me the banner and icon for lovely planet. Though, in actuality, it selected lost reavers, which is 10x bigger, and not that fun. This happens, all the time, where i click one game but it downloads the adjacent game. Would love to see this addressed.

Thank you for your report. Thing is I have tried on several computers and I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue :/
I'm going to investigate though.
Could you maybe send a screenshot or a little video of this happening cause it could have something to do with a particular screen resolution or window layout?

Yeah, I switched to Windows 7 on an old laptop, and it works, but still cannot queue downloads, the second one will always fail at some point. So I'm just downloading one thing at a time.

Great app! And I'm using something similar to rednand, the only downside is you have to start CFW every time you boot the Wii U.
Hmm, what error are you getting when the second download fails ?

Last edited by Hikari06,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your report. Thing is I have tried on several computers and I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue :/
Could you maybe send a screenshot or a little video of this happening cause it could have something to do with a particular screen resolution or window layout?

i found out the issue. It's partly my fault, but it still occurs often. If you click on one icon, but unclick on the one you want to select, it doesnt do anything, yet it says you have the game selected. Here's a video:

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was able to queue and download the entire EUR catalogue, so it definitely shouldn't be failing on your second one.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
i found out the issue. It's partly my fault, but it still occurs often. If you click on one icon, but unclick on the one you want to select, it doesnt do anything, yet it says you have the game selected. Here's a video:

Ah I see. For a game to be selected properly you have to both initiate and terminate the click on the same item. I will see if I can change this behavior.

Pablovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got this error today, whilst downloading a game:

Capture.PNG

I get some kind of exception type, looks like the one on top... then it tries 10 times and gives an "Error no access to memory location" and fails. If you start the download again, it check every file until the one that gave the error and fails again on that one, you need to delete the content, restart the application and download again.

Don't know if it's just a conicidence, but it has always happened on the second download of the queue. At some point, it has been on both games and updates so far.

Last edited by Pablovi,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I get some kind of exception type, looks like the one on top... then it tries 10 times and gives an "Error no access to memory location" and fails. If you start the download again, it check every file until the one that gave the error and fails again on that one, you need to delete the content, restart the application and download again.

Don't know if it's just a conicidence, but it has always happened on the second download of the queue. At some point, it has been on both games and updates so far.

Does that happen with every game or just one in particular, regardless of where it's placed in the queue ?

Pablovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does that happen with every game or just one in particular, regardless of where it's placed in the queue ?

It happened on 2 game and two updates... then they downloaded correctly, with just them on the queue.
The games where NSMBU+Luigi and Xenoblade X, and the updates for Hyrule Warriors and NSMBU, I ended up downloading the original NSMBU, instead of the Luigi one.

But right now I have downloaded all that I wanted, I bought most games original.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about downloading a NUS game using this app with only the legit title key without the ticket?
I don't want to use a fake ticket or rednand/sig patches. Is ripping the legit ticket the only method? What about NUS only (no disc) games?
(aka) Art Academy: Home Studio; Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water; ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red

Last edited by datahoarder,

Pablovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It might have been those titles, or the network... I just queued Smash with update and DLC, and it downloaded fine.

Thanks for the app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...