Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
If it makes it any clearer, it's the one Squee666 was also having errors with. I would take a screenshot, but it takes 40 minutes with the killer specs on even my Alienware with Windows 10.

Squee666 or whatever is his shitty nickname is in my ignore list so i can't read his assholes posts :D

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squee666 or whatever is his shitty nickname is in my ignore list so i can't read his assholes posts :D
Maybe, but he had a few solutions that I couldn't understand or even get started on. I compile and have the files in the right spots, just goes through the whole thing and fails when trying to compile CIA due to supposed memory issues and I have 32gb and 8gb more on my video card.

I just want to watch "This is 40" on my N3DS while I wait to pick up my Newspapers every night at work...lol

Last edited by Ripper00420,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The same error anyone gets when converting any full length movie using this HB.... Memory failed to compile CIA....

Been waiting for a solution for a while now, but no one seems to have figured it out.
Might be a long-shot, but could the program be running under 32-bit mode? If so, it would only be able to access a maximum of 2GB RAM regardless how much total RAM your machine has.

Lan Hikari

Use Code Keem for 20% more cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the Mac program to run properly, but my audio is faster than my video. Anybody know why that might be happening?
I think Batman found his way into your hard drive. You need to do some Gregorian chants and pour salt water into your computer, then put it in the microwave.

Reactions: RetroBitMig

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
yah what would I need to edit it to?
Open "build.bat" with notepad and you see that :

@Set /p fps= "Insert framerate: "
@Set /p vq= "Insert video quality (1 = HQ, 2 = LQ): "
@Set /p unique_id= "Insert cia Unique ID (Example: 0xAAAAAA): "
@cd stuffs
@Echo Starting video extraction through ffmpeg, please wait...
@IF %vq%==1 ffmpeg -i ../files/video.mp4 -r %fps% -qscale:v 2 -vf "transpose=1" -s 240x400 "temp\output%%1d.jpg"
@IF %vq%==2 ffmpeg -i ../files/video.mp4 -r %fps% -vf "transpose=1" -s 240x400 "temp\output%%1d.jpg"
@Echo Starting audio extraction through ffmpeg, please wait...
@ffmpeg -i ../files/video.mp4 -acodec: libvorbis -ac 2 -ar 24000 -vn temp\audio.ogg
@Echo Encoding video to JPGV format...
@jpgv_encoder %fps%
@Echo Deleting temp files...
@Del /q ".\temp\*.*"
@move /-y output.jpgv "../romfs/video.jpgv"
@Echo Creating icon and banner files...
@bannertool makebanner -i ../files/banner.png -a ../files/audio.wav -o ../tmp/banner.bin
@bannertool makesmdh -s "XXXXX" -l "YYYYY" -p "ZZZZZ" -i ../files/icon.png -o ../tmp/icon.bin
@Echo Creating romfs file...
@3dstool -cvtf romfs ../tmp/romfs.bin --romfs-dir ../romfs
@Echo Building cia file...
@hex_set %unique_id%
@makerom -f cia -o ../my_video.cia -elf lpp-3ds.elf -rsf cia_workaround.rsf -icon ../tmp/icon.bin -banner ../tmp/banner.bin -exefslogo -target t -romfs ../tmp/romfs.bin
@cd ..
@Echo Deleting temp files...
@Del /q ".\tmp\*.*"
@Del .\romfs\video.jpgv
@Echo Video converted successfully!
@Set /p dummy= "Press ENTER to exit"

XXXXX = name of your video in setting
YYYYY = name when you get your gift
ZZZZZ = name when you get your gift

If you want to name your movie on home screen, you must create your proper "icon.png" in files folders with the name of your movie and the "icon.png" to if you want ;)

Good luck ;)

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It compiles and creates the .cia file correctly for me. Output size at like 600 megabytes. looks correct. but after installing with both FBI and Big Blue Manager i keep getting an error has occured please turn off 3ds by holding down the power. Every time. Tried different videos and the same thing happens. Bad .cia files?? Idk what's going on. I just wanna watch movies/anime on my threedus lol (using New 3ds XL: Fire Emblem edition).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
It compiles and creates the .cia file correctly for me. Output size at like 600 megabytes. looks correct. but after installing with both FBI and Big Blue Manager i keep getting an error has occured please turn off 3ds by holding down the power. Every time. Tried different videos and the same thing happens. Bad .cia files?? Idk what's going on. I just wanna watch movies/anime on my threedus lol (using New 3ds XL: Fire Emblem edition).

Too big unique ID

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a few posts back and saw that using a low value such as 0x00005c would be fine as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this time i tried it, I got "error not enough memory" on the .bat file

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the video channels creator convert from .mkv files? or only .mp4?

edit: downloaded a .mkv to test. Did not work. Converting it into a .mp4 (which will take a long time due to size but will make this process easier) and issue solved I guess.

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice