zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pigii said:
thanks this worked great, however i had to uninstall cIOSCORP first

You would have to have done the same thing with the official update....most likely because cIOSCORP maxes out those IOS version numbers.

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I changed my shop region back to USA and ran this updater and everything worked great! Only problem I had was related to the JODI-patched preloader. Basically, after using DOP-IOS to patch IOS36 and reinstall preloader .29 JODI I got a "system menu corrupted" message. I fixed that by following the directions in this post. After installing that WAD I was good to go!

I'm starting to think this is the last time I install preloader. It's incredibly useful, but there's just way to many hoops you have to go through to install it these days. Maybe if it's ever officially updated I'll do it again, but I'm think whenever 4.3 rolls around I'll switch to StartPatch as it does most of the the same stuff and is actually updated and supported.

Two quick questions
1) Do I need to un-patch IOS36 now that preloader is installed. I'd rather have a clean IOS36 on my system now that I don't need it patched on my system for preloader before.
2) What is the technical reason that installing preloader on 4.2 causes a "system menu corrupted" message, and why does installing the FreetheBug version of IOS70 fix it? I'm just curious.

Hope you and your wife are feeling better zektor, and thanks for the awesome upgradder.

glasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
glasso said:
nope - it didn't say anything about needing anything done beforehand

Well, I didn't say that the updater would help you to install illegal wad files either, now did I?
smile.gif

The claim to fame with the updater is that it gets you EXACTLY where Nintendo's official update puts you, but does NOT delete your Custom IOSes (249, 222, 223) or your boot2. If you didn't have a custom IOS installed before the update, sorry about that. Do like I said and trucha bug restore and install a custom IOS (like what everyone and their mother has installed....Waninkoko's cIOS249_rev14)

You can use Trucha Bug Restorer Mod to do this offline as well...although it is going to require some reading. The reason wad installs always worked fine for you is because the trucha bug was in v3.1 (it was removed in v3.3). So, any firmware after v3.2 needs the trucha bug restored. Either do it or go back to v3.1...what can I say.

BTW: If it says you are on 4.1E, the updater did NOT complete successfully. It should be 4.2E for you.

fair enough. actually I was wrong - it says 4.2 e. so... to get wads working I need to do this?
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184295

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glasso said:
fair enough. actually I was wrong - it says 4.2 e. so... to get wads working I need to do this?
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184295

Yes. You actually do not even have to install cIOS249 if you don't want to (although I would recommend it). You can simply use that TBR Mod application and add Trucha back into IOS36. When done, use IOS36 when booting wad manager and you'll be back in business.

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

I have been using Dop-IOS MOD to update my most recent IOS's I think I need to update:

The two prompts I get from the GUI is hash and ES id patches: can you tell me what the differences are?

Is the truncha the former and fake signed the latter?

Is the former the one that cause an upside down HBC and the latter the one that preloader must have?

I may run this updater, sounds safe; however, I don't want to lose region free wiikey2

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jaydoc, afaik hash (fake) sign check = trucha. es_identify is something else.

guitarhero, you can run it from HBC, yes.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erikk1 said:
jaydoc, afaik hash (fake) sign check = trucha. es_identify is something else.

guitarhero, you can run it from HBC, yes.

The best that I can gather (since I have never really found a decent explanation of it) is that ES_DiVerify (aka ES_Identify) is some sort of IOS faking to have it believe it is a different title. It is certainly needed for some applications on specific IOSes (Preloader and Startpatch need it on IOS60/70 and IOS36 respectively)

elistan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to ask if it is possible to install this updater even if I already updated using wanin's 4.3 updater ?

This updater seems to be better ... thanks.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean Waninkoko's 4.2??

It'll pretty much take the trucha signature out of all the IOSes as I've heard Waninkok's 4.2 updater trucha signed every IOS.

Depending on what you use, you may need to Dop-IOS some IOSes.

If everything is working fine, I'd say just leave your Wii as it is.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guitarhero4rox said:
Dr. Clipper said:
guitarhero4rox said:
im rlly sorry to ask the noobiest question, but do u need hoebrew to install this?

And, how do u even install this?
Follow my guide for the upgrade (including the what you need first sections) and you'll be all good.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I'm a total "noob" when it comes to these things

Yep, Dr. Clipper's guides are amongst the best.

One favor I have to ask tho. Please never again call it the "Hoebrew" channel!

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
It overwrittes MIOS and BC?

No, no it does not. This is purposely left out because some people (myself included) already have either Wiigator's or Waninkoko's cMIOS installed for GC backup loading. I did not find it appropriate that it would be overwritten. The latest official MIOS is v10, which does not bring anything to the table (for me anyway). I also hear that it has issues with Action Replay....although I have no way of testing that.

Nope, I've been on cMIOS using v5 forever now, and all of my backups (well, all that are compatible with cMIOS in general) work fine.

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
zektor said:
The latest official MIOS is v10, which does not bring anything to the table (for me anyway). I also hear that it has issues with Action Replay....although I have no way of testing that.

Nope, I've been on cMIOS using v5 forever now, and all of my backups (well, all that are compatible with cMIOS in general) work fine.

Zektor, your guide intentionally left out MIOS v10 and BC, right? Can I go ahead and pack these into wads and install via Wad Manager 1.5?If so, Which version of BC should I use? thanks.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest version of BC is v6
Latest version of MIOS is v10

Yup, you can pack these into wad using NUSD and simply install them with wad manager if you wish.

Posts merged

TheShadowRunner said:
I'm interested in installing the latest official non patched version of MIOS too.
What's BC?

BC = Backward Compatibility?

All I know is that it is a necessary component to GC playback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!