AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seems to be the only one here that don't mind about N64 emulation. That console didn't have many games. And very few of them were good. PS1 emulation would be rather cool though. There were many great shmups on the PS1 :)
Are you on drugs son??? Very few Nintendo 64 games were good I can think of loads of great 64 games.

Mario 64
F Zero
Pilot Wings
Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong 64
Majoras Mask
Ocarina of time
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers bad fur day

And so many more games

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on drugs son??? Very few Nintendo 64 games were good I can think of loads of great 64 games.

Mario 64
F Zero
Pilot Wings
Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong 64
Majoras Mask
Ocarina of time
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers bad fur day

And so many more games
Well, it's a matter of opinion. Just about all the N64 games I like have been ported, and those ports are generally better. I've never been big on Rare's take on platformers, I love F-Zero but at this point I'd prefer GX (and you'd be stuck in single player), OoT and MM have great 3DS remakes, and Mario 64 is also on DS (though due to the lack of analog stick, it suffers). So even if the 3DS had the power for a decent emulator, it wouldn't be a high priority to me. I can't speak for any developers looking into N64 emulation, but I can't imagine too many of them could justify the work needed.

Even on the N3DS, I doubt any homebrew developer can make something on par with DaedalusX64 on the PSP. I'm not trying to insult any developers, just that the N3DS really isn't ideal for it.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: SLiV3R

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 emulation isn't going to happen because nobody cares who has the skill to do anything ATM.

blargSnes being as developed as it is currently is somewhat of a miracle.

There's an actual Retroarch port going on, but the devs aren't comfortable showing anything they have, and the 3DS is weaker than the PSP in the aspect of emulation according to their last blogpost mentioning the system.

Reactions: mutinize and SLiV3R

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 emulation isn't going to happen because nobody cares who has the skill to do anything ATM.

blargSnes being as developed as it is currently is somewhat of a miracle.

There's an actual Retroarch port going on, but the devs aren't comfortable showing anything they have, and the 3DS is weaker than the PSP in the aspect of emulation according to their last blogpost mentioning the system.
Well, in a way, yes. Most of the harder to emulate stuff pre-Dreamcast was using MIPS. The PSP uses a newer MIPS architecture, making it a bit more compatible. It also had a powerful (for the time) core. It did have the ME as well, but that was just a parallel processor (required a lot of overhead to run) that was missing a lot of points, so it only really worked for audio.

The 3DS has a dual-core ARM CPU (quad on N3DS) that is powerful and advanced, but lacks the compatibility the PSP's CPU had. Also, it is very difficult to emulate a single core system on multiple cores. You have to break up the code without them losing sync or becoming unstable, so that has a lot of overhead as well, negating a lot of the benefits of multiple cores.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Jimmay123

Kibouzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are there button combinations to exit a game so I don't have to restart everything just to play a different game?
Just press L + R + SELECT + START at the same time and after a short break you can easily push the start button to exit (works in "gambatte")

CocoTheFilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for sounding like a noob but where do I put the GBA 3dsx file? Ive put it in a folder inside the /3ds folder and it doesn't show up in the Tubehax menu.

mattycfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I have *no* idea what's happening :P

First off: I got the GBA one. Where would I get a GBA core (I'll assume that it's compiled specially for the 3DS so I'll have to get it special somewhere)?

EDIT: I have a "legitimate" BIOS dump for GBA. Where would I go about placing it in RetroArch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol