1. Sylen

Sylen Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Can somebody PLEASE explain the difference between this ultimate "forwarder" and the ultimate Injector release?

2. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

United States
    This forwarder uses a fan made emulator whereas the injector uses the official VC emulator.

Sylen likes this.
  3. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The "Injector" takes your ROM and packages it into Nintendo's own SNES emulator that it uses for official SNES virtual console games. The good things about this is that compatible games typically run very well and it uses the exact same interface as the official SNES VC games for pause/reset/restore points. The bad thing is that not all games work with it, such as games that use special chips like Star Fox, Kirby Superstar, Mario RPG and the like. I think it also can't run Star Ocean, and Dragon Quest III, simply because the ROMs are too big. And, of course, N3DS is required to run them, just like the official SNES VC.

The "Forwarder" packages your ROM into an emulator developed by the community instead of Nintendo's official one. You could just install an emulator as a CIA and put your ROMs into a folder, but this option is self contained and looks more official. It looks like the real thing on your home screen and it has save-states like the official one, but there's less polish. The pros are better comparability with special chips and huge ROMs than Nintendo's option. Also, some emulators will run on O3DS, but this forwarder doesn't currently use any of them. However, compatibility still isn't perfect. For instance, Mario RPG still has some graphical glitches in the background and Kirby's Dream Land 3 renders water as opaque, so you can't really play underwater sections... at least until a new version is released that might have more compatible emulators.

Injectors are currently available for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Game Gear, and TurboGrafx, all using official VC and boasting mostly excellent compatibility. Forwarders are currently available for SNES and Sega Genesis.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Rexen, CatmanFan and Sylen like this.
  4. Sylen

Sylen Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for the clarification.

sks316 and Cralex like this.
  5. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank youuu~ Just found this and I am super excited to try it out ; u ;

CatmanFan likes this.
  6. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

United States
    Is there one that will work on a old 3ds/2ds ? at the moment im using a emulator on my 2ds that runs fine ..

7. Nalaflow3rs

Nalaflow3rs Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Will there still be SNES9X/BlargSNES implemented in this forwarder still? I read from the OldSNES post that you might do it? o:

8. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

Congo, Republic of the
    @Asdolo : possibl to make a section to add cheat code for GBA ad SNES before you build your .cia with your tools ?

9. blaze2051

blaze2051 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This message for Asdolo, I know your a great key figure in the 3ds community and i love your SNES VA program. And its really good for n3ds users, not so much for o3ds. I noticed in the program theres a section to select 4 different emulations. I is possible to add 1 more emulation file using the blargSnes codex. Could you include that on the nexted update version for use o3ds guys?

10. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey, I didn't think you could get Super mario RPG to work on the 3DS. It's possible to play it on the 3DS?

cCO8Lpo.png kQT3vZu.png

11. blaze2051

blaze2051 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone tag Asdolo, cause the snes9x core in his program is only optimized for the n3ds. If he could add the snes9x core thats optimized for the o3ds that would be sweet for all 3ds users, cause it runs 60fps on o3ds. currently using the snes9x 3ds 1.11.cia,

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

here is the source for the optimized snes9x core for the o3ds

https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/tree/master/source

chronoss and sks316 like this.
  12. sks316

United States
    Sure. @Asdolo

chronoss likes this.
  13. blaze2051

blaze2051 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    we need an update , 1.0c or 2.0 with o3ds supports please jesus

chronoss likes this.
  14. CatmanFan

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Morocco
    Let me tag Asdolo and see if he can include blargSNES/Snes9X forwarder making in his New Super Ultimate Injector. @Asdolo

chronoss and sks316 like this.
  15. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    @Asdolo Is it possible you could create one of these forwarder makers for NES games? I have a particular rom hack for the NES that if i try to do a straight up inject with your NES inject tool, it doesn't work properly, it loads but the graphics are a mess and you can't progress into any one of the games within the game. (The rom in question is The Super Mario All Stars NES hack). Yet I can load the game up in the 3DS utilizing available NES emulators on the 3DS. I'd really like to be able to build a standalone VC looking .cia of this game. Please let me know if this would be possible. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  16. Asdolo

OP Asdolo the Hedgehog

Argentina
    Already done in my New Super Ultimate Injector. Let me know if you want to test it :)

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

17. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'd love to test it!

18. sks316

United States
    @Asdolo Old3DS support when? :^)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  19. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Mexico
    I want to test too :D

20. Asdolo

OP Asdolo the Hedgehog

Argentina
    Done.

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Forwarder, Ultimate