Reactions: kiwiis

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Has anyone ever considered trying to run Cubic Ninja through use of the 3/2DS's secret key combination?
You certainly can. Ninjhax, in it's current form, crashes of course. Probably because it can't take over home menu or something.

That link you provided has some wrong info though: if you try to boot a higher than sysnand game, the system just turns off instead of bypassing the update or nagging about it.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You certainly can. Ninjhax, in it's current form, crashes of course. Probably because it can't take over home menu or something.

That link you provided has some wrong info though: if you try to boot a higher than sysnand game, the system just turns off instead of bypassing the update or nagging about it.
wait, would this work for ironfall on 10.4=<?

Rankkuri

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I unlinked my nands with the normal system format feature earlier, so instead of doing the whole "To relink NNID backup everything and format your emunand" -dance can I just dump my Emunand, format emunand with this, restart into freshly formatted emunand, log into NNID, restore emunand from the BIN -file so I wouldn't have to copy stuff around?

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue, I had unlinked nands, I formatted Emunand as part of an OTP tutorial. The only problem is that once i restarted emunand after I formatted it using the tinyformat cia application it relinked my nands... is this normal? I thought formatting was supposed to give me a brand new console ID in the "nintendo 3ds" folder? I'm confused. Do i have to run tinyformat again to unlink the now linked nands?

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
sorry for bumping this, I have a hunch re: additional feature.
I have basic understanding of how to write some code, but as of this moment, writing/compiling/learning how to get my code from forks(or even build lol) to run is not an immediate todo, because, well.. reasons.

reading a few stuff on 3dbrew, I found this:

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FS:CreateSystemSaveData
and this http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FS:SwitchCleanupInvalidSaveData and this http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm getting at.
tinyformat as stated in OP will call FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem to format the 3ds without losing files, another cause of this action is it will will cause nands to unlink of linked, and or create a new <id> folder upon system reboot

common applications for tinyformat is for cfw setup, it is almost an automatic process that we create the dbs folder after running tinyformat to proceed with our cfw stuff (fbi inject/cia installation).

if my hunch is correct, the FS stuff above *should (I think) initialize the creation of savedata and cleanup of the save data) *if we can't create the dbs/title.db/ we can call createfolder/createfile then run cleanup.

this would be a great feature for tinyformat, and could even be rebranded as "tinysetup", currently I do not have the time to invest on this feature, TF's code is also small, maybe an fbi fork will also work with tinyformat features :D

what are your thoughts?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for bumping this, I have a hunch re: additional feature.
I have basic understanding of how to write some code, but as of this moment, writing/compiling/learning how to get my code from forks(or even build lol) to run is not an immediate todo, because, well.. reasons.

reading a few stuff on 3dbrew, I found this:

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FS:CreateSystemSaveData
and this http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FS:SwitchCleanupInvalidSaveData and this http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm getting at.
tinyformat as stated in OP will call FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem to format the 3ds without losing files, another cause of this action is it will will cause nands to unlink of linked, and or create a new <id> folder upon system reboot

common applications for tinyformat is for cfw setup, it is almost an automatic process that we create the dbs folder after running tinyformat to proceed with our cfw stuff (fbi inject/cia installation).

if my hunch is correct, the FS stuff above *should (I think) initialize the creation of savedata and cleanup of the save data) *if we can't create the dbs/title.db/ we can call createfolder/createfile then run cleanup.

this would be a great feature for tinyformat, and could even be rebranded as "tinysetup", currently I do not have the time to invest on this feature, TF's code is also small, maybe an fbi fork will also work with tinyformat features :D

what are your thoughts?
You mean like we can install apps then tiny set up to it boot up like new with the preinstalled apps? If not what you're talking about. Iam sorry.

Would be awesom if we can find away to tiny-reset the 3DS with preinstalled app intact. Reason? Giving gift. Would be cooler to be able to set up a9hl and hombrewapp then tiny-reset before giving 3ds than giving the 3DS then set up CFW/homebrew later.

Last edited by tivu100,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
You mean like we can install apps then tiny set up to it boot up like new with the preinstalled apps? If not what you're talking about. Iam sorry.

Would be awesom if we can find away to tiny-reset the 3DS with preinstalled app intact. Reason? Giving gift. Would be cooler to be able to set up a9hl and hombrewapp then tiny-reset before giving 3ds than giving the 3DS then set up CFW/homebrew later.
no, but it will make things easier, format will remove all titles. in theory we can inject either tinyformat to create the dbs folder

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use the tutorial for emunand and cfw on n3ds and now come the step with tinyformat, but i dont will lost my apps on 3ds...
my question is: later after the format can i use my nintendo id to download my apps from eshot again

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use the tutorial for emunand and cfw on n3ds and now come the step with tinyformat, but i dont will lost my apps on 3ds...
my question is: later after the format can i use my nintendo id to download my apps from eshot again
You can install eShop games later on, but you will lost there game data. Make a NAND back up of sysNAND and then emuNAND name them "emuNAND_WithGdata" and "sysNAND_WithGdata" and then copy that over to a safe place on your computer unlink your NANDS using tiny format and then use EmuNAND9 to flash your emuNAND with "emuNAND_WithGdata" (Remember to sign into your NNID) I think this should work but to be sure wait for another member to clarfy that i'm right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D