[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No you havn't to "cfw again". Just copy over your boot.firm and it should work already.
You should be in the luma setup screen if your boot.firm is that from luma.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I went into SYSNAND CTRNAND through GM9. There is a "title" folder,not titles in that directory and there is no titles folder in rw luma

In that case I can just copy paste this sd card's contents into a new one and try right? Do I have to cfw all over again...?

We're investigating further, but so far, I'm not sure what happened.

One thing I can think of:
  • Start GM9, insert DGS game card
  • [C:] > [GameCard] > 000400000014AD00_v00.3ds > NCSD image options... > Mount image to drive
    • content0.game.app > Calculate SHA-256
    • content1.manual.app > Calculate SHA-256
  • This will run for a while, report the hash that appears on the lower screen for both of them when it's done. (Best to make a picture with your phone or something)

Last edited by Uwabami,

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
We're investigating further, but so far, I'm not sure what happened.

One thing I can think of:
  • Start GM9, insert DGS game card
  • [C:] > [GameCard] > 000400000014AD00_v00.3ds > NCSD image options... > Mount image to drive
    • content0.game.app > Calculate SHA-256
    • content1.manual.app > Calculate SHA-256
  • This will run for a while, report the hash that appears on the lower screen for both of them when it's done. (Best to make a picture with your phone or something)
I tried on a new sd still crashes when I try to launch with the translation installed,I'm done.Maybe I'll finish it once I learn japanese :toot:

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for again not doing what was suggested and not posting the hashes either way.
I don't even HAVE the game cart anymore. Maybe YOU should try reading the discussion I had with the OP since the beginning. Because if you did,you'd know the cartridge I got is kinda dead. So instead of playing smartass around here and not being helpful anyway try thinking before you speak.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't even HAVE the game cart anymore. Maybe YOU should try reading the discussion I had with the OP since the beginning. Because if you did,you'd know the cartridge I got is kinda dead. So instead of playing smartass around here and not being helpful anyway try thinking before you speak.
You don't have the game card anymore? That's news to me.

But let's just recap:
  • the crash dump you provided tells us Luma is trying to load /luma/titles/000400000014AD00/code.bin with a size of 4,773,092 bytes
    • This could be one of these things
      • Your SD card is corrupted
      • Your FAT32 filesystem on the SD card is corrupted
      • The folder is hidden on your SD card
  • The Game Card might be corrupted if your observations are true, but:
    • You didn't hash it to confirm as I instructed
    • The observations you reported are conflicting - something is fishy
I'm willing to help you get this sorted out, but you have to follow all of my instructions and not cherry-pick the ones you feel like doing. Also, I have the feeling that you're leaving out vital info - I can't help you if you're not telling me the whole story.

If you're still interested in getting help from me, here's what you have to do:
  • Tell me if you really have the game card
    • if so, please provide the hashes as instructed before, so I can tell if it is corrupted
  • Tell me if you ever played a cracked version of our Episode 1 patch that was installed as a LayeredFS patch in the /luma/titles/000400000014AD00/
    • it doesn't matter if it is there now, I want to know if it was there at any point in the past
  • Tell me if you hacked your 3DS yourself or got help from someone else
  • Tell me if you share your system with someone else who might have messed with it
Unless you answer all of these questions, I won't help you further. I can't help people that don't follow instructions and keep info from me.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, but I followed the discussion from the beginning. You instead said that you don't have the cartridge anymore and OP would know that. That was a lie. You have it, even if you say it's kinda dead, it's not dead enough for you to not have it. Also OP didn't know that "don't have it anymore" as seen from the answer above.
Please don't tell I should read the discussion, when I did, and you're the one seemingly not remembering tasks you were given and lie about vital facts. Thank you.

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

But let's just recap:
  • the crash dump you provided tells us Luma is trying to load /luma/titles/000400000014AD00/code.bin with a size of 4,773,092 bytes
I'm willing to help you get this sorted out, but you have to follow all of my instructions and not cherry-pick the ones you feel like doing. Also, I have the feeling that you're leaving out vital info - I can't help you if you're not telling me the whole story.

• if so, please provide the hashes as instructed before, so I can tell if it is corrupted
  • Tell me if you ever played a cracked version of our Episode 1 patch that was installed as a LayeredFS patch in the /luma/titles/000400000014AD00/
    • it doesn't matter if it is there now, I want to know if it was there at any point in the past
  • Tell me if you share your system with someone else who might have messed with it
Unless you answer all of these questions, I won't help you further. I can't help people that don't follow instructions and keep info from me.

1) I disposed of the card in frustration,so I no longer have it.
2)No I haven't even tried to translate the game in the past.
3)I hacked the 3ds myself using an R4 with ntrboot as an entrypoint
4)I don't share the system

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

But let's just recap:

Fixed.Repeated the patching process

jamusuohara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've deleted the AP crack, disabled game patching and it keeps crashing. It only crashes when I apply the Episode 2 patch other than that it works fine.
Can someone help me?

Last edited by jamusuohara,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've deleted the AP crack, disabled game patching and it keeps crashing. It only crashes when I apply the Episode 2 patch other than that it works fine.
Can someone help me?

Sure. Try these things:
  • Remove the folder sd:/luma/titles/000400000014AD00 completely
  • Disable Game Patching in the Luma settings (hold Select on boot)
  • Don't use NTR or anything similar
  • Update Luma3DS to the most recent version
  • Update FBI / GodMode9 to the most recent version (there was a bug in GM9 a few months ago that produced corrupted CIAs)
If all that doesn't work, tell me the file size of the CIA the patcher creates and give me the crash dump luma makes.

jamusuohara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sure. Try these things:
  • Remove the folder sd:/luma/titles/000400000014AD00 completely
  • Disable Game Patching in the Luma settings (hold Select on boot)
  • Don't use NTR or anything similar
  • Update Luma3DS to the most recent version
  • Update FBI / GodMode9 to the most recent version (there was a bug in GM9 a few months ago that produced corrupted CIAs)
If all that doesn't work, tell me the file size of the CIA the patcher creates and give me the crash dump luma makes.

Hi, I deleted 000400000014AD00 folder, disabled game patching, and updated Luma, FBI and GM9 up to their latest versions. It still keeps crashing :cry:

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I deleted 000400000014AD00 folder, disabled game patching, and updated Luma, FBI and GM9 up to their latest versions. It still keeps crashing :cry:
Did you try to redump the game CIA with the latest GM9 and try the patching process again?

And if all that doesn't work, please tell me the file size of the patch CIA you created with the patcher (in bytes, please) and give me the crash dump luma makes (the latest file in sd:/luma/dumps/) like I asked before :P

If there are too many files in the dump directory, delete the whole folder, make DGS crash with the patch installed and try again.

Last edited by Uwabami,

jamusuohara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you try to redump the game CIA with the latest GM9 and try the patching process again?

And if all that doesn't work, please tell me the file size of the patch CIA you created with the patcher (in bytes, please) and give me the crash dump luma makes (the latest file in sd:/luma/dumps/) like I asked before :P

If there are too many files in the dump directory, delete the whole folder, make DGS crash with the patch installed and try again.

Where can I send you the dump file? This is the exact .CIA file that the patcher gave me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• dgs.png
    dgs.png
    10 KB · Views: 223

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where can I send you the dump file? This is the exact .CIA file that the patcher gave me

Attachment or via PM.

Did you try completely removing the Update before reinstalling it?
In FBI > Titles > The Great Ace Attorney (TID: 0004000E0014AD00) > Delete Title and Ticket

Some people say it helped when they installed it twice for some reason.

Reactions: jamusuohara

jamusuohara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Attachment or via PM.

Did you try completely removing the Update before reinstalling it?
In FBI > Titles > The Great Ace Attorney (TID: 0004000E0014AD00) > Delete Title and Ticket

Some people say it helped when they installed it twice for some reason.

I think I'll give up now XD
Thanks for helping me

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 247

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I'll give up now XD
Thanks for helping me
I didn't mean a screenshot, I want the file in sd:/luma/dumps/arm11/

You can clear it out, start the game with the patch, let it crash and press A to create a crash dump. I want this file, it should be called "crash_dump_00000000.dmp"

jamusuohara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I didn't mean a screenshot, I want the file in sd:/luma/dumps/arm11/

You can clear it out, start the game with the patch, let it crash and press A to create a crash dump. I want this file, it should be called "crash_dump_00000000.dmp"

Hi sorry for late reply, but I can't attach links and can't message you

Hi sorry for late reply, but I can't attach links and can't message you

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/04wwalv6rzlll/aaaa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo