ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is to be used with an hex editor. Are you familiar with hex editing?

I also want to change my villager's houses and things like the town tree size, but I'm unfamiliar with hex editing or how I could use these in my game~ Could you please explain to me, any maybe also link me to the hex editor I should use for this game~? Thank you in advance~! :3

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also want to change my villager's houses and things like the town tree size, but I'm unfamiliar with hex editing or how I could use these in my game~ Could you please explain to me, any maybe also link me to the hex editor I should use for this game~? Thank you in advance~! :3

If you're not familiar with hex editing, I will tell you to avoid more complex things like these, especially the villager houses. There is a lot of information in the blocks. Start with smaller things

http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/117333673497/acnl-hacking-faq

http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/115924391687/guide-to-hex-editing-acnl

This is a great guide about hex editing and hacking in general

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used Cygnus to edit all the parts that affect the size of the town tree to be the biggest using the hex codes provided in the guide, and I understand it fairly well I think and I'm sure I did it correctly, but when I save my changes and use the save restore leaftools thingy to bring my hex edited mori.bin file into affect, everything says "OK" on the web browser and it turns green like I would expect, but... It just stays green. Forever. So I guess I did something wrong somehow to make it crash, I just turned my 3DS off and went into my game to make sure it was ok, it wasn't bricked or anything, looked around a bit, everything was fine~ Deleted the mori.bin and am now trying again.

EDIT: Second attempt failed. What am I doing wrong?

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what do you mean? putting two items on top of each other in one square? So for example a 4 leaf clover atop of a pattern?

this would require editing the game code, not the save file.

Guys, you need to understand the different between things which are achievable through editing the hex code and editing the actual game's file
Well, I don't know. Which is why I asked. I frankly don't really see how that's any different to putting bushes or trees in 'impossible spots'. But anyway, barely I ask actually gets an answer from anyone either way. Like trying to find out if I can make dirt paths with any of this. Still nothing.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used Cygnus to edit all the parts that affect the size of the town tree to be the biggest using the hex codes provided in the guide, and I understand it fairly well I think and I'm sure I did it correctly, but when I save my changes and use the save restore leaftools thingy to bring my hex edited mori.bin file into affect, everything says "OK" on the web browser and it turns green like I would expect, but... It just stays green. Forever. So I guess I did something wrong somehow to make it crash, I just turned my 3DS off and went into my game to make sure it was ok, it wasn't bricked or anything, looked around a bit, everything was fine~ Deleted the mori.bin and am now trying again.

EDIT: Second attempt failed. What am I doing wrong?

I personally have no experience changing the town tree size, but you also have to change your gameplay values, either the number of days you booted the game, or the number of hours you have played, otherwise, it will not work.

http://acnlhack.tumblr.com/post/116311793181/guide-to-changing-town-tree-size

This is a guide specifically to change the town tree size.

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally have no experience changing the town tree size, but you also have to change your gameplay values, either the number of days you booted the game, or the number of hours you have played, otherwise, it will not work.

http://acnlhack.tumblr.com/post/116311793181/guide-to-changing-town-tree-size

This is a guide specifically to change the town tree size.

Good and bad news - it didn't crash, but the tree is just the same size. I tried TTing a day forward too, but that didn't make a difference. I followed everything correctly.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good and bad news - it didn't crash, but the tree is just the same size. I tried TTing a day forward too, but that didn't make a difference. I followed everything correctly.

Make another backup of your town, and try again. It's not impossible you made a mistake, they happen and they're pretty much common in hex editing

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm certain after all those previous attempts and following exact instructions I made no mistakes. But now for some reason my laptop doesn't come up with an option to delete when I right click the files I wanna get rid of. Emptied the recycle bin, made no difference. Just great.

EDIT: It says it's write-protected, but I never did anything to cause that as far as I'm aware. It was working fine earlier. I don't know how to remove write-protection.

EDIT: Why... Why do I have no common sense~? T///w///T I just accidentally moved the slider on the SD card, which caused the lock... Um, well this is embarrassing... ^-^" Nevermind! To make things worse, I just realized there are TWO acnlram.bin files currently on the root of the SD card! Deleted the non-edited one, fingers crossed this finally works~!

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work, tried starting over yet again, this time it didn't crash on the green screen like before but as soon as I tried to leave the train station I got kicked back to the HOME Menu and the game closed. I'm following the instructions exactly, WHY isn't this working for me??? Q.Q

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, maybe town tree modding is a little complicated for irst-time modders.

Personally, when I started modding, I went with simple things, like town fruit.

I just modded one of my towns to have all five perfect fruit sell as foreign by using an island fruit as town fruit.

tumblr_nne1x2COUL1r9tg4oo1_400.jpg

Changing your villager's facial feature is also pretty simple.

Pretty much, start little, and go bigger over time. To master the basics and all.

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I managed to change my grass pattern just fine~ I also changed my past villagers, but when I try to go to Main Street it kicks me back to the HOME Menu now. At least I can manage to leave the train station, now... Town tree hasn't changed yet. I didn't save because of the Main Street thing, so idk if TTing would have worked. At least I feel like I'm slowlllyyy getting a little bit better~! :3 Tysm for all your patient guidance, btw~!

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I managed to change my grass pattern just fine~ I also changed my past villagers, but when I try to go to Main Street it kicks me back to the HOME Menu now. At least I can manage to leave the train station, now... Town tree hasn't changed yet. I didn't save because of the Main Street thing, so idk if TTing would have worked. At least I feel like I'm slowlllyyy getting a little bit better~! :3 Tysm for all your patient guidance, btw~!

You have to reverse the hex bytes for changing the villagers. If a villager is 00 35 on the google doc list, they will be 35 00 in the hex editor.

rottencakesandsnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work if you use someone else's 3ds (not updated) just to scan the qr codes and then after you get the results you want, put your game and sd card back into your 3ds (don't know if that made sense gah sorry) thank you!

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work if you use someone else's 3ds (not updated) just to scan the qr codes and then after you get the results you want, put your game and sd card back into your 3ds (don't know if that made sense gah sorry) thank you!

If your changes are saved then yes, you'll be able to put your cartridge into an updated 3DS/N3DS and your amazing hackyness will all still be there~ :3

♥ Princess Sakura ♥

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to reverse the hex bytes for changing the villagers. If a villager is 00 35 on the google doc list, they will be 35 00 in the hex editor.

I got the hex codes from here~
http://delia-song.tumblr.com/villagerhex
I've just checked, these are the reversed versions of those listed on the google doc list, so I was already doing it correctly~ I've been doing the old villagers and town tree things the same way as the grass pattern thingy which worked fine, so I don't get what I'm doing wrong~...?

D

Deleted User

My acnl is bricked, i did everything, nothing works... even the ABXY Dioessnt work. HELP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz