[Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by NeoKamek, Mar 14, 2015.

1. NeoKamek
    OP

Newcomer NeoKamek Advanced Member

United States
    IMPORTANT: LeafTools is no longer supported.
    The browser exploit probably isn't coming back, and I just don't have the time to support it anymore. I will keep the server hosting the exploits online as long as I can for those who want to continue to use it. Additionally, source code is available for those who want to try and make something of it. Best of luck!

Original post follows:

LeafTools: A collection of Animal Crossing: New Leaf town enhancers

LeafTools, at its core, is a framework for creating cheats for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They work by modifying the game's active memory using the Spider 3DS Tools exploit (https://github.com/yifanlu/Spider3DSTools). As such, they work on all SysNAND 9.x firmwares excepting 9.5.0-23 or higher.

WHAT YOU NEED
    • Physical or digital retail copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (confirmed working on US and EU regions, other regions mileage may vary)
    • 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS (no New 3DS model) with a 9.x firmware version BELOW 9.5.0-23x (if you don't know, go to your System Settings, your firmware version will be displayed on the top screen in the lower right hand corner. If you see 9.5.0-23, it won't work)
    • SysNAND (if you don't know what this means, you have SysNAND)
    MAY NOT WORK WITH (Can be made to work in certain circumstances, but no support will be provided for these)
    • EmuNAND (Gateway, rxTools, etc.)
    • Backup copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    WILL NEVER WORK WITH
    • New 3DS or New 3DS XL
    • SaveDataFiler save games, PowerSaves, etc. (the saved game part, that is with garden.dat etc... if you've PowerSaved your game before you're safe to use these)
    • System menu version 9.5.0-23x. This is beyond my control and nothing I do will change this, so please stop asking. No, you can't downgrade, please don't ask me how to do that either.
    WARNING!
    Use of LeafTools modifies your game in ways the developers did not intend possible. As a result you could DESTROY YOUR SAVE FILE if you're not careful! I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DESTROYED OR RUINED SAVE FILES, MISPLACED ROCKS OR BUILDINGS, MISSING VILLAGERS, OR RESETTI JUMPING OUT OF YOUR CARTRIDGE AND ATTACKING YOU WITH A PICKAXE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

BEFORE YOU START PLAYING AROUND...
    • MAKE A SAVE FILE BACKUP!! Use the Save Backup tool to create a mori.bin of your town. Copy it to your computer and store it in a safe place. Give it a label so you know when you made the backup (example: "Haxville 03-12-2015.bin") This way, if something goes wrong and you destroy your train station or the town hall, or end up filling your town with rocks or totem poles, you can restore from a good backup.
    • Read all instructions thoroughly. Some tools are complex in nature and require careful planning or manipulation of bell bags in your inventory. Graphical aids have been presented to assist you.
    • Unless otherwise noted, tools work only for the mayor character.
    • Some tools include an "advanced mode" which bypasses bricked save protection. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T USE THE ADVANCED MODE.
    • Above all else, DO NOT SAVE YOUR GAME UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT! All RAM modification is temporary until the game is saved. If you can't undo something that went wrong, just reset. You may have to get an earful from Resetti; I recommend using the Building Seeder to delete the Reset Center if you're going to be doing a lot of editing.
    INSTRUCTIONS (ALL TOOLS)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    IF YOU RUIN YOUR TOWN OR BRICK YOUR CARTRIDGE:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - READ BEFORE POSTING

Q. I upgraded my console or purchased a New Nintendo 3DS. Will there be a version that supports the new firmware?
    A. No. Nintendo patched the browser exploit with version 9.5.0-23. There is no possibility of LeafTools or anything of the sort on an updated console unless a new exploit is found and made available to developers.

Q. Okay, so how do I downgrade to a version that works with LeafTools?
    A. You can't.

Q. Will you make a version that works on (emuNAND, backups, New 3DS, or anything else I listed above as "do not ask about these")
    A. No. Absolutely no support will be provided for the listed items; you're on your own if you want to make them work.

Q. Where is the "root" folder? All I see are "DCIM" and "Nintendo 3DS". Should I make a folder called "root" and put the LeafTools in there?
    A. Most users won't need to put the LeafTools .bin files on their SD cards. The QR codes now download the tool directly to your system.

Q. I didn't get a green or red color screen after I scanned the QR code, the browser just crashed.
    A. Sometimes the screen doesn't appear because the browser draws over it immediately. Sometimes you'll see a VERY quick flash of color, and then sometimes the screen will turn one color and stay that way. The reason for this behavior is unknown. Just check in-game to see if you got the desired effect.

Q. I didn't get a color screen and the thing I wanted to happen in game didn't happen.
    A. The browser exploit is finicky and can stop working for no apparent reason at random. If this happens your best bet is to reset the browser settings (it's at the very bottom of the settings menu).

Q. The Item Generator is too hard to use! I just want to hack items!
    A. Use Marc Max's editor instead. It has a graphic interface and is easier to work with. The Item Generator is for advanced users who want to generate items "on the fly".

Q. How do I use this while online?
    A. You don't.

Q. But this means I can't ruin other people's games!
    A. Exactly. Also, you're a terrible person for even considering such a thing.

Q. Help! I used LeafTools to give myself lost items but none of my villagers will take them!
    A. Restore from a saved backup, or use Marc Max's editor to delete the lost items.

Q. I (restored from a backup/used Building Seeder), and now (I can walk through buildings/there are invisible walls)?
    A. This is normal. Take a walk around to make sure everything is where you want it, then save and quit. On the next reload, invisible walls will be gone and buildings will be solid again.

Q. Will there be a tool to (fill the museum/rename my town/inject my own TPC pic/whatever else)?
    A. Possibly when I have more time. If you know how to code in C, you can grab the source code and make it yourself!

Without further ado, here are the current LeafTools! They're provided in order of ease-of-use; start with the easy ones first before working your way up to the harder stuff.

VIEW ALL QR CODES HERE: http://imgur.com/a/S9IBc

EASY PEASY

SAVE BACKUP (lt-saveout.bin) - Backup your save file (NEW in 2.0: Multiple save slots and saving is more reliable now)
    SAVE RESTORE (lt-savein.bin) - Restore a saved backup (NEW in 2.0: Multiple save slots)
    DAILY DOSE (lt-daily.bin) - Water flowers, unbury items, pull weeds (NEW in 2.0: Now only unburies gyroids, fossils, and bamboo starts)
    BANK BREAKER (lt-bank.bin) - Max out your bank account
    MEDAL MAXER (lt-medals.bin) - Max out your island medals
    GRASS SEEDER (lt-grass.bin) - Fill your town with grass
    DESERTIFIER (lt-desert.bin) - Removes all grass
    MONEYBAGS (lt-money.bin) - Grants lots of 99,000 Bell bags
    PWP UNLOCKER (lt-pwp.bin) - Unlocks all Public Works Projects at Town Hall
    VILLAGER UNBOXER (lt-unbox.bin)
    TURNIP HACK (lt-turnips.bin) - Rigs the stalk market
    (NEW in 2.0) GARDENER (lt-garden.bin) - Waters all flowers
    (NEW in 2.0) BURIAL SERVICE (lt-bury.bin) - Buries items
    (NEW in 2.0) 16 VILLAGER CYCLE-O-MATIC (lt-16vil.bin) - Erases Main Street villagers/resets "16 villager cycle"

TRICKY TRICKS
    ITEM CLONER (lt-cloner.bin) - Duplicates items
    EVICTION NOTICE (lt-evict.bin) - Kick out unwanted villagers
    ROCK BREAKER/SEEDER (lt-rock.bin)
    (NEW in 2.0) TRAIN STATION LOCKER GENERATOR (lt-tslocker.bin)

HARDCORE MAYORS ONLY (DANGEROUS!!!)
    WARNING: USE OF THESE TOOLS IS COMPLEX AND REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF BASIC MATHEMATICS. IF USED IMPROPERLY YOU COULD WRECK YOUR TOWN OR BRICK YOUR CARTRIDGE!

The following tools are too large to use with DownloadCode. Thus, you must follow the old method of copying the respective .bin files to your SD card before launching the browser. Open the attached LeafTools2.0.zip and copy "lt-itemgen.bin" and "lt-seed.bin" to the root of your SD card.

ITEM GENERATOR (lt-itemgen.bin) - Creates items at will
    BUILDING SEEDER/DESTROYER (lt-seed.bin) - Creates, moves, or destroys buildings at will (WARNING! DANGEROUS!)

This is the end of the readme! Now go forth and make awesome things happen in your town!

SPECIAL THANKS
    • Yifan Lu for making the Spider 3DS exploit accessible to us mortals
    • SciresM for his Pokemon hacks, which were the original insipration for my hacking Animal Crossing, and whose source code taught me how to write this stuff
    • Marc Max for his work on the ACNL Save Editor
    • ConanAC whose original post showed just what all was possible
    • Duke for his advances with the tools used to launch browser exploits, including DownloadCode
    • The fine contributors to the ACNL RAM Locations spreadsheet
    • And everyone else who contributed offsets, testing, etc. Sorry if I forgot your name!
    SOURCE: https://bitbucket.org/neokamek/leaftools

CHANGELOG:
      • Daily Dose no longer unburies items that are not a fossil, gyroid, or bamboo start.
      • LeafTools moved to DownloadCode implementation - no more fussing with .BIN files on your SD card!
      • Save Backup and Save Restore now have QR codes for up to five different save slots (six if you include the regular "no-save-slot" version)
      • Burial Service tool: buries all items on the map
      • 16 Villager Cycle-O-Matic tool: wipes the "past villagers" record, aka the "16 villager cycle"
      • Train Station Locker Generator tool: place Train Station Lockers in any player house
    • 1.2 - Villager Unboxer and Eviction Notice updated to use the proper villager move-out flag. (They should properly detect and unbox/evict villagers now.)
    • 1.11 - Villager Unboxer will now REALLY force villagers out of boxes. (Fixed a bug where only half of them were being forced out.)
    • 1.1 - Villager Unboxer will now force villagers out of boxes even if they're not detected to be in boxes (temporary fix until I can nail down the exact flag that determines a villager's boxiness)

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:
    • In version 3.0, many of the LeafTools will be retired in favor of ARCode variants, making use of the more reliable ARCode framework.
    • Tool to max out catalog data.
    • Tool to max out the museum.
    • Make as many LeafTools compatible with all players as possible.

ATTACHED: LeafTools2.0.zip. Most users will not need this, they can use the QR codes. You only need this if you want to run the binaries yourself using LoadCode.

Attached Files:

Last edited by NeoKamek, Aug 18, 2015
    SirBeethoven, Hoppy, katrain and 18 others like this.

2. SciresM

Member SciresM GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Awesome work!

ariankordi likes this.
  3. Rurounik9999

Newcomer Rurounik9999 Advanced Member

Brazil
    Nice job.
    I wish i had this for MH4U.

4. MrDavidPerson

Newcomer MrDavidPerson Member

United States
    Lol I broke my game so hard with the building seeder, good thing I have my back ups.
    Think I will wait till I am more awake to play with the tools.
    Fun note placing the dock near the top of the town makes kapp'n Drive his boat across your town
    then freezing, other times the town wont even load and its just dead.

5. Hidden Gardevoir

Newcomer Hidden Gardevoir Member

Spain
    Where do I find the Save Backup tool?
    I want to find it D:
    Sorry I'm very n00b with this things :sleep:

6. JJarmon

Newcomer JJarmon Advanced Member

United States
    Wow, these are fantastic! Thanks!
    Question, will we ever see a possible acre editor through RAM injection?

7. TidusWulf

Member TidusWulf Real Aloha

United States
    I tried to run the bank account tool on Resident #3. It didn't work :(

Ran a few others with the mayor which all went thru.

8. NeoKamek
    OP

United States
    Save Backup is the file called lt-saveout.bin, and Save Restore is the one called lt-savein.bin. You can copy just the two or the entire contents to your SD card. For instructions on how to use them click the little spoiler tab in the OP where it says "Save Backup" and "Save Restore".

I don't have any plans at this point, something like that would be much better suited for the editor. However, Marc Max is no longer working on the editor, so if nobody picks up the source code to improve it, I might end up writing a tool to inject acres the "hard" way.

9. Nintendo_Guy

Newcomer Nintendo_Guy Advanced Member

United States

I have a question referring to the eviction notice thing. Can you input villagers too?

10. JoJodude

Member JoJodude GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What's SysNAND

11. NeoKamek
    OP

United States
    Not yet, though I'll probably make one eventually that lets you inject campers that you can adopt.

If you don't know what SysNAND is, you have SysNAND.

12. JoJodude

United Kingdom
    Is that regular Nintendo updates?

13. AquaX101

Member AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well if you don't know what a sysnand is then we definitely know you don't have an emunand....

Jwiz33 likes this.
  14. JoJodude

United Kingdom
    So can I use these tools?

15. AquaX101

United States
    read the op

16. JoJodude

United Kingdom
    OMG RLY?

17. AquaX101

United States
    read the op to find out

18. Neru

Member Neru GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it possible to make a bin code to have the Plaza tree fully grown?

19. JoJodude

United Kingdom
    Were is the download for the files?

20. wii_GOD

Newcomer wii_GOD Member

United States

What if:
    1-convert ACNL .3dz to .cia (.CIA is digital format ;) )
    2-play the games and use the leaftool injector.
    3-use SDF on .CIA file
    4-convert the .CIA back to .3DZ
    5-use SDF to restore the save to .3dz
    6-play the game using GW in emuNANd

Would these make the game hackable?