Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For O3DS, it's wrong. But he asked N3DS.
I leave the question.
Give you a baton pass.

lol i dont know why u keep saying that i have a new3ds, iv said it many times that i have an old3ds, i just updated to 10.4, rxtools still works with that old 86 nightly but with the new nightly still get a black screen, im going to start looking for a cia firm taht matches that md5 on the readme.md and see if that works

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
lol i dont know why u keep saying that i have a new3ds, iv said it many times that i have an old3ds, i just updated to 10.4, rxtools still works with that old 86 nightly but with the new nightly still get a black screen, im going to start looking for a cia firm taht matches that md5 on the readme.md and see if that works
O3DS doesn't need N3DS firmwares.
Re-build your firm directory.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created a 9.2 emunand on a o3DS XL. After upgrading it to 10.4 and booting with rxTools I get the "Opening home menu" message and then it goes to a black screen. Fortunately I can still restore my 9.2 emunand.

I'm using the latest rxtools version (found 2 pages earlier in this thread [release.zip]), installed it following the readme file.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Did you update from an update nag or through system settings? You need to do it from system settings on o3DS. Are your nands linked and you have menuhax installed? Those are the main two reasons. You can't have linked nands when you already have menuhax installed before making (and updating) your emunand. Change your boot.cfg so that menuhax doesn't try to autoboot. Even then, you may need to uninstall it until you unlink your nands.

sadly to say it doesnt work for me :( i dont know whats wrong with my 3ds that im unable to use any other build diferent than the one i told u b4, everytime i try to use something diferent i get a black screen after a successfull instalation, maybe it could be about having my nands separated? maybe i need a diferent firmware? i follow the exact instructions on ur release zip file the one u linked me using the firmware.bin that cakes use on this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/ and renaming it according to the readme.md of ur release zip file 0004013820000002.bin everytime, with every other build than the one im using atm rxTools-83afbb6 i get a black screen after a successfull install :(

note: 1 thing i notice is that the md5 from the cakes fw is diferent than the one in the readme.md file of ur release zip
Because Cakes has been updated. I put the MD5 in the readme because that is what you need. FOR N3DS ONLY. You can still find it...

Black screen... same questions as above. Did you install menuhax on sysnand before you made an emunand, and are they still linked? That's the problem. Or did you update emunand via an update nag instead of through system settings?

1. emuNAND-TWL is only supported by SysNAND 9.X O3DS currently.

2. rxTools used to support emuNAND-TWL on N3DS till Oct.02. Any version later than Oct.02 is NG.
Ha, like somebody said before, N3DS FW installing problem could be asked one by one repeatly until a new readme.pdf got released.

83afbb6 (Oct.01) uses ReiNAND 2.1 FW. It doesn't use Cakes's.

DS carts reboot into sysnand TWL so they do indeed work from emunand on N3DS. Not e-shop TWL stuff, but carts.

btw where can i get that timewarp thing to install on my rxtools emunand? id live to be able to use an old flashcard that got blocked on firm 4.x :(
Google. We can't link those things here (it's not homebrew, it's a Nintendo file with a spoofed version number). flashcardtimewarp. There is also one in the Gateway package, but I've heard (unconfirmed) that installing that one causes update nags in some cases because they didn't spoof the version. flashcardtimewarp is spoofed.

Last edited by urherenow,

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did you update from an update nag or through system settings? You need to do it from system settings on o3DS. Are your nands linked and you have menuhax installed? Those are the main two reasons. You can't have linked nands when you already have menuhax installed before making (and updating) your emunand. Change your boot.cfg so that menuhax doesn't try to autoboot. Even then, you may need to uninstall it until you unlink your nands.

Because Cakes has been updated. I put the MD5 in the readme because that is what you need. FOR N3DS ONLY. You can still find it...

Black screen... same questions as above. Did you install menuhax on sysnand before you made an emunand, and are they still linked? That's the problem. Or did you update emunand via an update nag instead of through system settings?

DS carts reboot into sysnand TWL so they do indeed work from emunand on N3DS. Not e-shop TWL stuff, but carts.

Google. We can't link those things here (it's not homebrew, it's a Nintendo file with a spoofed version number). flashcardtimewarp. There is also one in the Gateway package, but I've heard (unconfirmed) that installing that one causes update nags in some cases because they didn't spoof the version. flashcardtimewarp is spoofed.

Like i said i have an old3ds NOT a new3ds so i guess the md5 on ur readme.md wont work for me cause thats for new3ds, since now my emunand is on 10.4, what firmware do i need to get and where to make ur rxtools work? as for the menuhax and emunand, i did a fresh backup for my sysnand b4 installing anything on it so when i move it to my emunand it were fresh also, i installed menuhax only after i did the sysnand backup to make sure that menuhax did not get copied into my emunand, and also yes my nands r unlinked, thats the 2nd thing i did after i made the sysnand backup and lastly, i updated my emunando through system settings hehe just as i normally do

Last edited by mediavieja,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdn_firm.py downloads the correct firmware files. There should be 3 of them. If you're not getting them inside of a /firm folder then manually run the script from a command prompt. Open the prompt at the /tools directory and type "python cdn_firm.py". It should show you any errors. Unless your ISP is blocking files, in which case 1 or more will have a really small file size (like 4k) and will actually be an .html file if you open it with a text editor. But if you got 4 filled squares (no X) and a successful message in your data installation suite, then the firm files are not your problem. Hold L when booting rxtools and go to settings and set it to force UI every time. Then try all of the modes. Does Pasta mode work from the advanced menu? Does Sysnand rxmode work? Is emunand still causing a black screen, and only emunand? Also, try holding the select button when booting emunand and see if anything happens...

Many people have used that build now, and it works. o3ds and N3ds.

Last edited by urherenow,

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have already done the procedure on my N3DS so I believe I've done everything correcly :)
Updated through System Settings. No menuhax on Emunand. Nands unlinked.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already done the procedure on my N3DS so I believe I've done everything correcly :)
Updated through System Settings. No menuhax on Emunand. Nands unlinked.

Make sure you have the right firmware.bin.

@urherenow, does the python script download the file from the cdn? Specifically from the same source as cakes? Nvm, it does download from the cdn, but its an older file. Finally figured out how the cdn links work xD.

Last edited by Aroth,

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Make sure you have the right firmware.bin.
Well, I just used the cdn_firm.py script and it created a firm folder with 3 .bin files in it. I copied it into the rxTools. Do I also need a file name "firmware.bin"? In the readme file it says something about such a file that should be downloaded by the python script but it definitely isn't.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just used the cdn_firm.py script and it created a firm folder with 3 .bin files in it. I copied it into the rxTools. Do I also need a file name "firmware.bin"? In the readme file it says something about such a file that should be downloaded by the python script but it definitely isn't.
If the script is creating 0004013800000002.bin, 0004013800000102.bin and 0004013800000202.bin, then you have the files you need.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Nope, that doesn't work on rxtools. It just blackscreens and freezes. That's why new cakes and reinand are so convenient for that matter, there you can start the carts from emunand.

Reactions: Aroth

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the script is creating 0004013800000002.bin, 0004013800000102.bin and 0004013800000202.bin, then you have the files you need.
Yep, I have these 3 files in SD:\\rxTools\firm\. Looks like it's correct then. Damn, I thought this was the cause of my issue :(

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you read the readme file in the fbi_injection folder? If you have the problem of multiple tmd files in your nand, then there is a different thread that covers how to do it.

You can't use FBI.3DSX on 10.3 emunand. It doesn't use compatible hax. I've heard that NASA works. Try that.

As far as freezing on the home menu... that doesn't happen on the latest nightly unless you have the wrong version of the mSD Management installed to your home screen. Passing over that sucker will freeze you up every time. If you happen to use it, be sure to go back to the ISO place and grab V2 for pasta.

The very latest rxTools can be grabbed from my mega account now. This is my own build, but the only difference from the official one, is some additions I made to the readme.md file. Yes, a pull request was made, but who knows if my input will be accepted. Anyway, it's in line with 5ebba40, so PAsta mode is fixed, and so should FBI injections, if you don't have any weirdness in your nand from a downgrade...

https://mega.nz/#!VFERiIZA!hlSqUthK2DxEQWY75cTgo1gqi0j4PuDk-qFas6mmhhA

Just tested FBI injection on my o3ds and it works on both sysnand and emunand. There are two options after you choose sysnand or emunand. First option is to check tmd only. Second option is to inject. If your menu isn't like that, you aren't using the latest rxTools. I can't test n3ds emunand right now (or... maybe I can since I don't need to actually load emunand?) because I jumped ship as soon as Gateway launched their update for 10.3.

Sorry took me a while to get all up to 800 pages but I would like to thank you for this! Now am able to run rxtools (3.0? I'm not sure as there were alot of posts before I found yours!) on an n3ds that I downgraded to 9.2 (9.2 sysnand and have updated my emunand up to 9.5.0-23u)

Thank you 100000x. Now I can test and see if this one works with 10.4 on n3ds (just waiting to finish emunand backup).

P.s. Is it still the latest one?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry took me a while to get all up to 800 pages but I would like to thank you for this! Now am able to run rxtools (3.0? I'm not sure as there were alot of posts before I found yours!) on an n3ds that I downgraded to 9.2 (9.2 sysnand and have updated my emunand up to 9.5.0-23u)

Thank you 100000x. Now I can test and see if this one works with 10.4 on n3ds (just waiting to finish emunand backup).

P.s. Is it still the latest one?

Do not try to update your emunand past 9.5 if you are on a N3DS. rxTools still does not support 9.6+.

Reactions: Sev501

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do not try to update your emunand past 9.5 if you are on a N3DS. rxTools still does not support 9.6+.
Thanks for the heads up!! I'll just let the nand backup finish and stay where am at :) and will just lurk and read future posts on here !!

Happy Gaming!

P.s. Would I be able to spoof now and go to e-shop?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.s. Would I be able to spoof now and go to e-shop?
You need to install the latest Nver then use the Homebrew Launcher + HANS (or simply the eshop button that is there now... Not the one for old Version downloading)

*Disclaimer - I have not tried myself since 10.4 came out

Reactions: Sev501

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You need to install the latest Nver then use the Homebrew Launcher + HANS (or simply the eshop button that is there now... Not the one for old Version downloading)

*Disclaimer - I have not tried myself since 10.4 came out
Thanks , researching on that now! :)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to verify the MD5 hash of the firmware.bin I need for rxTools for the N3DS for emuNand up to 9.5. I have two different firmware.bin files for the N3DS and I want to make sure I am using the right one.

One is:
17de1e6df7c2f0802576b9e34f629034

The other one is:
58f906da282894a525fccfeddf5aa11c

I know one is for reiNand 9.6+ and the other I think is for up to 9.5 but I just want to verify before I waste my time if use the wrong one.

Man is this thread getting long.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock