XP
Country

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i made my gateway emuNAND and set up rxTools and themehax autoboot and i followed this tutorial: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vLSLAvFW_4UekzJnKCjz_ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit# version
rxTools_2015-12-05_08.48-a08cfdd
But my screen is just black on startup. Same problem when i used ninjahax.
What am i doing wrong?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90srun7...jQa/rxTools_2015-12-05_08.48-a08cfdd.zip?dl=0
Rxtools is not working for n3ds latest nightly build that is u need to use the 10-2 build for now

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rxtools is not working for n3ds latest nightly build that is u need to use the 10-2 build for now
Got a tutorial for how to install that build?
EDIT: getting an error about NATIVE_FIRM
I really need a tutorial for the 10-2 build as i cannot find one

Last edited by pizzadk,

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pizzadk - You can use the latest RxTools on the N3ds. I have that set as my secondary CFW for mine. That guide you have has incorrect info for the N3DS. When you rename the firmware.bin, leave out 'orig' in the rename. Just have the numbers.bin and place that into the data folder. That was my issue and after renaming w/o orig, RxTools booted up with no issues.

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@pizzadk - You can use the latest RxTools on the N3ds. I have that set as my secondary CFW for mine. That guide you have has incorrect info for the N3DS. When you rename the firmware.bin, leave out 'orig' in the rename. Just have the numbers.bin and place that into the data folder. That was my issue and after renaming w/o orig, RxTools booted up with no issues.
God damn it. It loads up themehax and quickly flashed rxtools at the top then the top screen goes black and bottom screen goes red. Same thing happens with the screens when i launch ninjahax

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it. It loads up themehax and quickly flashed rxtools at the top then the top screen goes black and bottom screen goes red. Same thing happens with the screens when i launch ninjahax
Look for the CakesFW and use the firmware.bin from that one. See if that one will work for you. I was seeing the same deal till I got the correct firmware.bin along with the correct rename.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I set up my N3DS 9.0 today, installed EmuNand, used menuhax to get rxtools autobooting. That works, it boots me directly into RX emunand.
The problem is, I can not access touchscreen in rxtools. The touchscreen is plain black. Thus I'm without a cia installer now.
Is there any fix for black touchscreen or any way to install a cia manager without injecting it through rxtools?

That's literally the last thing missing for me to be completely set up.

I am running rxtools 10-02 as I read that would be the most stable one.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is. At least I mine it is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep im getting this error: Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM:4. Reboot rxTools and try again.
I set up my N3DS 9.0 today, installed EmuNand, used menuhax to get rxtools autobooting. That works, it boots me directly into RX emunand.
The problem is, I can not access touchscreen in rxtools. The touchscreen is plain black. Thus I'm without a cia installer now.
Is there any fix for black touchscreen or any way to install a cia manager without injecting it through rxtools?

That's literally the last thing missing for me to be completely set up.

I am running rxtools 10-02 as I read that would be the most stable one.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Reactions: peteruk

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While this perfectly explains how to inject fbi, I dont see how that fixes my black touchscreen. Which won't let me do anything in rxtools in the first place. It reacts to button pushes (pressed start or something and the device rebooted), I just don't see shit. Hence I can't inject fbi.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While this perfectly explains how to inject fbi, I dont see how that fixes my black touchscreen. Which won't let me do anything in rxtools in the first place. It reacts to button pushes (pressed start or something and the device rebooted), I just don't see shit. Hence I can't inject fbi.
You can't actually inject FBI using rxTools, on a N3DS. You either install FBI via the Ninjhax version of FBI (so you need a way to access the Homebrew Launcher), or you inject it using this method: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Dump question please,

If I own a New3DS FW 9.5, No Gateway, No Cubic Ninja, is it possible to install RxTools?

I installed RxTools on my O3DS before but I gave it to my niece. Now, I'm looking for a new one but I'm not sure which version is required on New3DS.

Edit: And FBI also

Last edited by forbidden403,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh thats explains it.
Well I can't access HBL out of my emunand, at least not via browserhax (flickers red). I will try the injection method with what you linked tomorrow.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started using rxtools today but I have been using gateway for a while.

What is the extent of region free on rxtools? In rxmode on emunand 10.3 on o3ds can it load out of region carts or do I still have to use the region free launcher on ninjahax 2.5?

I have a sky3ds that plays my region games just fine. I placed a japanese copy of yo-kai watch busters on it and it showed on the menu but it says the game card can not be read. Before I go into downloading a bunch or roms to test I want to know if this is normal.

Edit: I have tried a few different Japanese roms all with the same result. They show on the system menu but say game card could not be read. If I use ninjahax 2.5's region free loader they play.

The user manual works through the system menu just not the game. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Bu2d85,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1