Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So essentially I install BigBlueMenu.cia though FBI on sysNAND? That's safe to do? :O
Yes. Install BigBlueMenu.cia though FBI on sysNAND, then use BigBlueMenu.cia to install MSET cia is safe. Other than that ask everytime you want to use BigBlueMenu to install/update something else, just to make sure.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I do that?
I don't know, I have a link to the lite version I will share it with you ^^
Yes. Install BigBlueMenu.cia though FBI on sysNAND, then use BigBlueMenu.cia to install MSET cia is safe. Other than that ask everytime you want to use BigBlueMenu to install/update something else, just to make sure.
BigBlueMenu & FBI are two extremely different cia installer but both safe, BBM is easier to use and FBI is a little bit more technical but powerfull.
With both of them you can install games, game updates, homebrews, system cias, etc...

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

BigBlueMenu & FBI are two extremely different cia installer but both safe, BBM is easier to use and FBI is a little bit more technical but powerfull.
With both of them you can install games, game updates, homebrews, system cias, etc...
Okey doke. I just followed you so we can PM each other :)

Reactions: pakrett

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for clarification.

I just want to to let @WhoAmI? know that if whatever he is unsure, just ask. I saw some people got carried away and used BBM to update SysNand firmware.

Reactions: pakrett and WhoAmI?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I just want to to let @WhoAmI? know that if whatever he is unsure, just ask. I saw some people got carried away and used BBM to update SysNand firmware.
Both FBI and BBM CAN NOT update sysNAND, only emuNAND. But sysUpdater can, it's done for that !

Last edited by pakrett,
Reactions: tivu100 and WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

Haha, yeah I've seen a lot of people do that. Luckily I have a NAND mod :) I've done this stuff before. Surprises me how many people brick their consoles and don't have a backup. Thanks for the heads up :D

Reactions: tivu100 and pakrett

Waypoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, I put the 1.4.6 FBI.cia to install to sysNAND and it says v1.3.8 after opening it when I launched rxtools in sysNAND.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's weird, I put the 1.4.6 FBI.cia to install to sysNAND and it says v1.3.8 after opening it when I launched rxtools in sysNAND.
How did you installed it ?
You can't update the FBI into the H&S app like that, by installing FBI.cia you will install a new FBI app, like a game.
You have to inject FBI into the H&S app on sysNAND then run rxMode in sysNAND and install FBI 1.4.6 with the one into the H&S app, destination --> SD.
And a new gift will appear on your homemenu.

See that :
422641NAND.jpg

Waypoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pakrett Yes that's a wonderful explanation that I ignorantly overlooked so now I understand better :). So before installing the new 1.4.6 that you explained to me through my current FBI, I did BBM first and tried to install or rather import my MSET 6.x 0004001000021000.cia v5128 for US and got "This cia is invalid" So now I'm trying FBI 1.4.6 and I want still want destination SD for my MSET 6.x and I see this option for the select button "Install MSET ROP". I don't do anything with that?

Man, I feel pretty helpless and silly. I'm sorry.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@pakrett Yes that's a wonderful explanation that I ignorantly overlooked so now I understand better :). So before installing the new 1.4.6 that you explained to me through my current FBI, I did BBM first and tried to install or rather import my MSET 6.x 0004001000021000.cia v5128 for US and got "This cia is invalid" So now I'm trying FBI 1.4.6 and I want still want destination SD for my MSET 6.x and I see this option for the select button "Install MSET ROP". I don't do anything with that?

Man, I feel pretty helpless and silly. I'm sorry.
"Install MSET ROP" option in FBI is not ready for rxTools 3.0
MSET 6.x 0004001000021000.cia has to be installed into "NAND" destination, not SD, it's a system app.

Reactions: Waypoint

Waypoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Install MSET ROP" option in FBI is not ready for rxTools 3.0
MSET 6.x 0004001000021000.cia has to be installed into "NAND" destination, not SD, it's a system app.

I got the invalid title version when I tried via FBI 1.4.6. I guess I'll update rxTools 2.6 to 3.0 then. Is this still updated/valid to do when updating rxTools?
Download the official latest rxtools here (release.rar)
Download Python version 2.7 if you don't have it

Replace these files in the root (not the "Nintendo 3DS" folder) of your 3DS' SD card:
1. rxtools.dat
2. firmware.bin (Go to the "tools" folder and run "cdn_firm.py")

Delete the "rxtools" folder on your sd card before attempting to boot. You can backup/move that folder out of the sd card in case you want to return to the previous release.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got the invalid title version when I tried via FBI 1.4.6. I guess I'll update rxTools 2.6 to 3.0 then.
You can, but you don't need it.

Run FBI and switch to "NAND" destination with "L" and to "delete title" mode with "R".
Search for "0004001000021000" and delete it, be carefull, triple check before delete !
Switch back to "install cia" mode with "R" and install your 6.X-mset.cia, it will work now.
Is this still updated/valid to do when updating rxTools?
No, valid, but not updated yet, use this one : rxTools v3.0 Beta8-fix : 2015-07-22 (@Gadorach-build)

Reactions: Waypoint

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, any of you can help me installing the last build of the rxTools? I try to installed but I cant. Where can I see what exactly I need because the install guide doesnt show well or, it just doesnt work for me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas