Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used and gave credit to an user who generated them.
If it result as a problem, i'll do the work myself.
The fact is that i had the same idea, but i only testes it with an eur nand, so i thought it would be better to use something already public.
Don't know what of it can be illegal to be honest, but i'm ready to delete them if there is something.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this FBI thing everyone is talking about? If we used MSET to install bigbluemenu, do we need to worry about installing the FBI thing? Also, if we need to transfer everything to a larger sd card, can we just copy and paste all the rxtools files over to the new sd card? Or do we need to format emunand and do an emunand transfer on the new sd card first?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What is this FBI thing everyone is talking about? If we used MSET to install bigbluemenu, do we need to worry about installing the FBI thing? Also, if we need to transfer everything to a larger sd card, can we just copy and paste all the rxtools files over to the new sd card? Or do we need to format emunand and do an emunand transfer on the new sd card first?
FBI is another CIA installer like BBM/Devmenu but doesn't contain copyrighted stuff so it's ok to share on temp.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI installer doesn't work on sysNAND 9.2 / emuNAND 9.8 > Healthinformations vanished

Downgrade MSET didn't work > Systemsettings is still aviable in sysNAND, but doesn't work in emuNAND after installalling.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is this FBI thing everyone is talking about?
It's a homebrew to manage installed titles on the console. here is a list of tools to do the same:

Devmenu is a devkit tool from nintendo to manage titles in cia format. illegal to share.
BigBlueMenu is a patched devmenu by BigBlueBox release team to allow cia install on 7.x, still illegal to share.
BigRedMenu is a legal homebrew to manage cia, written in lua.
FBI is another legal homebrew to manage cia, written in c/c++. this is the one most users are using now.

There are other method to install cia :
- through the network, using a Palantine CFW (Yellows8's redNAND, old version leaked by govanify). unstable.
- This new rxTool 2.5 injection method, by replacing data from an existing installed application.

Reactions: zero2exe

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI is another CIA installer like BBM/Devmenu but doesn't contain copyrighted stuff so it's ok to share on temp.

Should I just stick with BBM then? They both do the same thing correct? Is there any benefit in switching to FBI?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really congratulate your hard work, Roxas, this whole time I knew you'll come back.
And everyone instead of only give thanks to him, try to click to his donate button [/JOKE], some bucks won't harm that much lel.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone explain the process to downgrade MSET and configure it to launch rxTools on 9.2? Thx!

Open the tools folder contained on the download, execute msetdg.exe, it will generate a file, copy that file to the root of your SD card. Then, launch RXTools, others, mset downgrade and wait :).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, FBI injection failed on both sysNAND and emuNAND.

I think it's because 9.2 might be enforcing encryption for system titles. In 4.x I think system titles can be unencrypted. But in 9.x (though not sure when this happened exactly) unencyrpted CXIs will be ignored and won't boot/show up in Home Menu.

Roxas might need to add a "CTR Encrypter" option in rxTools that encrypts a CXI using retail keys and correctly sets the encryption type flag in the header correctly while doing so. ;)

Hopefully then it should work on 9.x systems.

Note you can not use zero key encryption as thus far only Gateway mode enables it. Zero Key and SystemFixedKey are encryption types not normally enabled on retail units and current CFW outside of Gateway doesn't enable it.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you could have handled this better. I used your toolkit before, and now I'm super excited to see you continue work on it. Thank you very much for your time, effort, and attitude.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
I tried on one of my 3DS (Sys & Emunand 9.2) on an emunand already ran with gateway to inject FBI, and it seems to work fine (FBI starts, I didn't try to install CIAs but I think it would work.)
However it seems mset doesn't work (I downgraded mset using gateway a few times ago too, not the rxtools entry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740