Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
People are still in school?? my summer vaca started may 31st o.O
Well he's from Italy. All regions of the world have not only different seasons but different educational system. In chile for Example our summer vacations begin around the first week of December until the first week of March and we have a winter break during the whole month of July.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well Roxas is probably too busy with his finals to give a proper statement yet, but if I were in his place I'd be very pissed at people modifying my work without even asking. We'll see how this ends up in due time.
I don't think Nintendo likes their binaries hacked without their permission either, so a console hacker who has his stuff hacked is a bit hypocritical by being upset about it.

This is just another reason open-source culture is the way to go. (OT)

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: RodrigoDavy

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't think Nintendo likes their binaries hacked without their permission either, so a console hacker who has his stuff hacked is a bit hypocritical by being upset about it.

This is just another reason open-source culture is the way to go.
While you might have a valid argument I apologize because that there is just bait for the whole "open source/piracy/hipocrisy/Elitists/Warez" debate that we've been asked to keep out of this and many other threads. Which is why I won't give you a proper answer, not here at least.

Reactions: zoogie

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like with Gateway, rxMode uses firmlaunchhax to launch a a 9.6 native_firm (that firmware.bin file you have to download before it will work. And no it won't let you use an older version).

Thus because rxMode uses 9.6 native firm regardless of the version of sysnand/emunand you boot with it, the associated patches like memchunkhax, etc are patched. So Ninjhax has very limited usability in this environment. You can't use ctrAGB emulator or use PastaCFW from Ninjhax while in rxMode/Gateway mode. Anything that needs those exploits won't work with rxmode/Gateway mode.

This is now slightly OT and I apologize, but would you happen to know if this is the case for the other (*cough* sig-patched *cough*) CFW flavors available? It's ridiculous all the homebrew that is tied exclusively to a launching method that requires a game that doesn't really exist anymore.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wouldn't blame him if he stopped working on it. Kind of a dick move to modify his work to do something he explicitly stated he didn't want it to do and then release it.
That's implying this scene in particular isn't known for its dickish nature.

Reactions: Zidapi

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's implying this scene in particular isn't known for its dickish nature.
Yeah, but that goes above and beyond what I've seen so far.

This is now slightly OT and I apologize, but would you happen to know if this is the case for the other (*cough* sig-patched *cough*) CFW flavors available? It's ridiculous all the homebrew that is tied exclusively to a launching method that requires a game that doesn't really exist anymore.
I was actually working into getting pasta working on mset 9.2 and OOT so that people without Cubic Ninja, or spider could use it. Got as far as userland arm 11 code execution on MSET, but hadn't started on OOT. This whole event really puts me off on working on any of it further.

Reactions: Zidapi

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly wouldn't blame him if he stopped working on it. Kind of a dick move to modify his work to do something he explicitly stated he didn't want it to do and then release it.
He only said he hadn't made up his mind yet whether to include sig patches or not. Now, since that decision was made for him, I believe pressure will be off his shoulders somewhat and he can just make it open-source and let others add the controversial bits in themselves. This allows him to better focus on making non-piracy features without constantly being hounded about adding the piracy patches in himself. win/win

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He only said he hadn't made up his mind yet whether to include sig patches or not. Now, since that decision was made for him, I believe pressure will be off his shoulders somewhat and he can just make it open-source and let others add the controversial bits in themselves. This allows him to better focus on making non-piracy features without constantly being hounded about adding the piracy patches in himself. win/win
With the continual hounding of other 3dsdev regulars, I feel as if this is wishful thinking. We can't forget that profi runs a tight ship. I was on the chat earlier asking about rxMode because I could have swore Roxas said something about a screenshot ability before, and was immediately accused of pirating.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the continual hounding of other 3dsdev regulars, I feel as if this is wishful thinking. We can't forget that profi runs a tight ship. I was on the chat earlier asking about rxMode because I could have swore Roxas said something about a screenshot ability before, and was immediately accused of pirating.
I thought he was outside of that community (you know, being banned Italian and all)? If he's a part of it now, all hope is lost. :sad:

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was outside of that community (you know, being banned Italian and all)? If he's a part of it now, all hope is lost. :sad:
I'm unsure if he knows, but he is no longer part of the ban sweep. Italians are welcome. The banner now states that they are, as well as the fact that Pasta devs and unofficial rxMode devs are not welcome. I've never particularly been in the chat when he was, but I can imagine used to use it before the ban sweep. If he doesn't care about the handful of developers that lurk in the irc, more power to him. I use them to learn.

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn he said he didn't want to, and when I stopped watching the thread he was talking about a way of allowing homebrew without patching sig checks, so I guess I kind of assumed. Still. Shitty thing to do, etc.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I restore my original eShop purchases onto EmuNAND? I did the following:

1. Copied SD contents to PC
  2. Downgraded 9.2 to 4.2
  3. Created EmuNAND using Gateway
  4. Launch EmuNAND in rxMode
  5. Update EmuNAND to 9.8
  6. Copied original SD contents back to SD card
My purchased titles don't show. Is this where I need to do some title injection stuff? Can someone please guide me through what I need to do?
WHY did you downgrade your sysnand before creating your emunand? I don't believe anybody anywhere has ever said to do that.

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHY did you downgrade your sysnand before creating your emunand? I don't believe anybody anywhere has ever said to do that.

There was no complete guide available. It made sense to me, at the time, to create emunand around the same time that I'd be able to test it through rxTools. Is that a bad idea?

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating doesn't delete anything or undo anything, except for system files (flashcardtimewarp/mset).

Why is it so hard for you to just reinstall FBI or whatever after formatting? Use GW launcher to format emunand then everything on your current sysnand will be saved to emunand. Then you can update emunand any way you want, and remove the SD card, format sysnand through system settings, then put the SD card back in and reinstall the cia installer the same way you did it the first time.

Edit: oh, and don't forget to backup everything on the memory card first, before formatting emunand. OR if you already have an emunand, just dump your NAND through the GW menu and inject it to emunand with emunand tool.
Actually I wanted to unlink the NANDs but I also did not want to format my Sysnand.
That is why the only option is to format the emunand, but if I do that then, my CIA installer will be deleted from emunand (right?) so I will be left with a 9.8 emunand that has signature checks patches but no way of getting a CIA installer on it...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I wanted to unlink the NANDs but I also did not want to format my Sysnand.
That is why the only option is to format the emunand, but if I do that then, my CIA installer will be deleted from emunand (right?) so I will be left with a 9.8 emunand that has signature checks patches but no way of getting a CIA installer on it...
The easiest way is with a Gateway (but GW doesn't work on an N3DS 9.6+ emunand, so the format/cia installer steps need to be done before upgrading

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are planning on not using your sysnand and just don't want to erase everything, you could use the gateway launcher to back up your sysnand and back up your sd card contents then format your sysnand. This way you can always restore your sysnand to the state before you started using rxtools and be able to unlink your emunand without losing everything permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn