Status
Not open for further replies.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
is there a way to install devmenu.cia on rx cfw 9.8 through cubic ninja or something (without flashcard)?

With Cubic Ninja:
1-Launch Pasta
2-Launch Cubic Ninja Again
3-Launch FBI (3dsx version)
4-Install TitleManager/DevMenu/FBI/Any CIA installer
5-Backup the content of your SD in your PC
6-Make an emuNAND with Gateway Launcher
7-Restore the files in your SD.
8-Launch patched rxMode
9-???
10-Profit

Anyway, let's hope for a Spider CIA installer

Reactions: caytung07

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, having sig checks patched means you can run YGW Region Free from RxTools now.
that file is completely USELESS. It does nothing different than launching out of region stuff using one of the .cia installers, and doesn't actually patch anything the correct way (If you have DLC installed for the out of region game, it will not be able to read the DLC). In fact... IIRC it doesn't even let you choose what to launch. It automatically launches whatever is in the cart slot.

kof91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Which function in rxtools is used to dump the emuNAND ticket.db and title.db? can someone put a quick guide which step to follow?
I wan to inject to extract sysNAND to emunand or vice versa.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which function in rxtools is used to dump the emuNAND ticket.db and title.db? can someone put a quick guide which step to follow?
I wan to inject to extract sysNAND to emunand or vice versa.
It's already around if you'd bother searching. It also can be buggy. Some people have tried dumping the ticket.db and injecting it, only to find out that the dump was 0kb. BRICK. If you don't know what you're doing, then don't do it, unless you have backups and a hard mod. Adding stuff from sysnand to emunand this way is pointless. Just backup your SD card, launch the GW menu and format emunand. Then restore the files to your SD card. Done.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question how do i unlink the Sysnand(9.0) and Emunand(9.8) without losing the CIA installer that is shared between the both of them and also as a bonus condition i do not want to format my sysnand as i have a lot of data i do not want to lose.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Quick Question how do i unlink the Sysnand(9.0) and Emunand(9.8) without losing the CIA installer that is shared between the both of them and also as a bonus condition i do not want to format my sysnand as i have a lot of data i do not want to lose.
The only way to unlink while keeping your sysnand intact is to format your emunand instead. But to keep the CIA installer on both and unlinking at the same time? I'm not sure it's possible at all. Edit: Unless you format sysnand and THEN you install the CIA installer again, but you'd still lose your current data.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to unlink while keeping your sysnand intact is to format your emunand instead. But to keep the CIA installer on both and unlinking at the same time? I'm not sure it's possible at all.

The only thing that i can think of is getting rid of the emunand, replacing it with palantine, getting the CIA installer on that, then converting that REDNAND into emunand and then update it back to 9.8
But my question in this case is will the CIA installer survive this whole update process ?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The only thing that i can think of is getting rid of the emunand, replacing it with palantine, getting the CIA installer on that, then converting that REDNAND into emunand and then update it back to 9.8
But my question in this case is will the CIA installer survive this whole update process ?
IIRC you cannot update REDNAND in the first place, much less converting it to Emunand to update it and keep the signature patching (otherwise you should stick with the standard version of rxtools). Otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about the compatibility issues with newer games.
The usual process is to get the CIA installer with PBT-CFW, then create en emunand, then update that emunand and then use the edited version of Rxtools (which patches signatures) to use your CIA installer again. If you want to unlink them then you simply format your sysnand. That's why I'm not completely positive that there's a way to make it work the other way around.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC you cannot update REDNAND in the first place, much less converting it to Emunand to update it and keep the signature patching (otherwise you should stick with the standard version of rxtools). Otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about the compatibility issues with newer games.
The usual process is to get the CIA installer with PBT-CFW, then create en emunand, then update that emunand and then use the edited version of Rxtools (which patches signatures) to use your CIA installer again. If you want to unlink them then you simply format your sysnand. That's why I'm not completely positive that there's a way to make it work the other way around.

Well thanks for your insight but i do believe that there is a way to convert REDNAND into EMUNAND (remember reading in some post).
Guess i just need to experiment and try it out.
but in general, would a CIA installer survive an update via system settings ?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well thanks for your insight but i do believe that there is a way to convert REDNAND into EMUNAND (remember reading in some post).
In theory it should. I believe there's another thread about how to migrate from Palantine/PBT to the edited Rxtools, they should be able to help you better with the whole process.

Edit: here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-switch-from-pbt-pasta-palantine-cfw-to-rxtools-sig-patched.390624/

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating doesn't delete anything or undo anything, except for system files (flashcardtimewarp/mset).

Why is it so hard for you to just reinstall FBI or whatever after formatting? Use GW launcher to format emunand then everything on your current sysnand will be saved to emunand. Then you can update emunand any way you want, and remove the SD card, format sysnand through system settings, then put the SD card back in and reinstall the cia installer the same way you did it the first time.

Edit: oh, and don't forget to backup everything on the memory card first, before formatting emunand. OR if you already have an emunand, just dump your NAND through the GW menu and inject it to emunand with emunand tool.

Last edited by urherenow,

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I restore my original eShop purchases onto EmuNAND? I did the following:

1. Copied SD contents to PC
  2. Downgraded 9.2 to 4.2
  3. Created EmuNAND using Gateway
  4. Launch EmuNAND in rxMode
  5. Update EmuNAND to 9.8
  6. Copied original SD contents back to SD card
My purchased titles don't show. Is this where I need to do some title injection stuff? Can someone please guide me through what I need to do?

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. In troubleshooting the original eShop problem, I think I bricked my 3DS. I force shutdown my 3DS when rxTools was in the middle of dumping system titles (I decided to try something else in the middle, and figured it was a read-only operation so I didn't think force shutdown would do anything bad).

When I turn my 3DS on, without SD card or game card in, the blue light turns on but nothing else. Black screens, no other LEDs. Did I brick it, or is there anything I can do?

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah yeah, I did see that, but I feel like I remember reading here and there about workarounds to getting it working on emuNAND. Maybe I'm crazy.

That is certainly the case for Gateway's CFW, but even when you do get it running it doesn't net you full homebrew functionality. So I'm curious, could anyone offer up a technical explanation as to why Ninjhax cannot and will not ever work while in rxmode? I really don't want to have to buy a sky3ds card. I guess this is an open question as I certainly can't blame Roxas if he didn't feel like posting.

He really should be made aware of how grateful we all are for the work he's done on this software.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That is certainly the case for Gateway's CFW, but even when you do get it running it doesn't net you full homebrew functionality. So I'm curious, could anyone offer up a technical explanation as to why Ninjhax cannot and will not ever work while in rxmode? I really don't want to have to buy a sky3ds card. I guess this is an open question as I certainly can't blame Roxas if he didn't feel like posting.

He really should be made aware of how grateful we all are for the work he's done on this software.

Like with Gateway, rxMode uses firmlaunchhax to launch a a 9.6 native_firm (that firmware.bin file you have to download before it will work. And no it won't let you use an older version).

Thus because rxMode uses 9.6 native firm regardless of the version of sysnand/emunand you boot with it, the associated patches like memchunkhax, etc are patched. So Ninjhax has very limited usability in this environment. You can't use ctrAGB emulator or use PastaCFW from Ninjhax while in rxMode/Gateway mode. Anything that needs those exploits won't work with rxmode/Gateway mode.

NaviLoz101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Roxas is probably too busy with his finals to give a proper statement yet, but if I were in his place I'd be very pissed at people modifying my work without even asking. We'll see how this ends up in due time.
People are still in school?? my summer vaca started may 31st o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1