Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
Hi, do anyone have a problem with CIA on sysNAND? It doesn't launch any homebrew :(
https://twitter.com/173210/status/706434059396784129

Cc3CBsUUcAAOxj0.jpg

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Pasta isn't that much different than rxmode. And just try it out and see if it works.
You don't have a clue who you're talking to, do you? A good bit of the current rxTools code was written by him. Instead of asking why, you should just nod and assume he has a really good reason.

@173210 is that rxTools or your r3tools? Last build I tried of rxTools runs just fine. I always try Taiko no Tatsujin and FBI to verify homebrew and region free. Unfortunately I won't be able to test much in the coming days/weeks. Tomorrow is packing day and the next day I move out. I'm about to pack my computer right now, so I'll be stuck with just my *very old* laptop and my phone.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: noctis90210

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
You don't have a clue who you're talking to, do you? A good bit of the current rxTools code was written by him. Instead of asking why, you should just nod and assume he has a really good reason.

@173210 is that rxTools or your r3tools? Last build I tried of rxTools runs just fine. I always try Taiko no Tatsujin and FBI to verify homebrew and region free. Unfortunately I won't be able to test much in the coming days/weeks. Tomorrow is packing day and the next day I move out. I'm about to pack my computer right now, so I'll be stuck with just my *very old* laptop and my phone.
Both. rxMode fails both on rxTools and r3tools.

I also tried Pasta mode. It doesn't even show the black boxes.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

Maybe a stupid note, but worth rechecking anyway:
Are they out of region CIA? From what I understand those won't appear on sysnand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a stupid note, but worth rechecking anyway:
Are they out of region CIA? From what I understand those won't appear on sysnand
yes they will. You'll just get a "system error has occurred" message if you try to launch them without region free (which rxTools has for .cia installed games).

I can't even use pasta mode on the latest build. I have a9lh, but even booting sysnand and then rxTools, pasta mode simply freezes. Which build are you using?

Reactions: nightbreed813

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
yes they will. You'll just get a "system error has occurred" message if you try to launch them without region free (which rxTools has for .cia installed games).
I'll take your word for it. I personally don't use them so I wouldn't know. It's just what I heard from some users

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@173210 granted, I built the arm9loaderhax branch, but I launched via CN and sysnand loads FBI and FMP just fine. This is with the 012a9c2 source.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed that booting through HBL (.3dsx) has been broken in the last build I posted here. Anybody using rxTools.3dsx instead of code.bin, please update your ninjhax files: https://mega.nz/#!IJF3EJxT!wMN6R6EjCJ-gcYtnU6qRG4gvQqfAQ0DuQa7lOarRDPU

I already opened an issue with @mid-kid to update his libkhax on Cakebrah, but rxTools will then have to (maybe) update their Cakebrah target.

Reactions: Glix

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the point of having rxTools sysnand and pasta mode? aren't they basically the same?
No they are not. rxTools sysNand has all the patches of emuNand but you are on sysNand. Pasta Mode has just the signatures patched so it is safe to use sysUpdater to update sysNand files while it is NOT safe to do that in rxMode.

Reactions: Zidapi

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
@173210 granted, I built the arm9loaderhax branch, but I launched via CN and sysnand loads FBI and FMP just fine. This is with the 012a9c2 source.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed that booting through HBL (.3dsx) has been broken in the last build I posted here. Anybody using rxTools.3dsx instead of code.bin, please update your ninjhax files: https://mega.nz/#!IJF3EJxT!wMN6R6EjCJ-gcYtnU6qRG4gvQqfAQ0DuQa7lOarRDPU

I already opened an issue with @mid-kid to update his libkhax on Cakebrah, but rxTools will then have to (maybe) update their Cakebrah target.

For those interested in updating to the latest modules (don't worry, only CakeBrah was recently updated), just run from inside rxtools dir:
Code:
git submodule foreach git pull origin master

Mid-kid updated his libkhax, so presumably @urherenow got in touch with him.

Last edited by Glix,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does not seem to solve ninjhax 2.x booting still get black screen fez have to hard shut down

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,
Is there a way I can run GBA VC on rXTools emunand? I'm using New 3DS 9.0 Australian, emunand is 10.6. Thank you!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

Black Boxes on 4.X rxMode SysNAND is a known & unsolved issue.
It happened on every 4.X SysNAND console regardless of region and fake ticket.
Upgrading SysNAND to 9.X made it disappear.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Zidapi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: