Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same black screen issue on my N3DS when using the latest nightly. Just tried reverting back to October 2nd's build (latest build with DS support at the time), and everything is fine again. Has anything changed in regards to the firm files for N3DS users since then?
You have to use the firmware from Cakes (encrypted) previously, you had to use the decrypted one from reinand. Google the MD5 of the one you need, and don't forget to rename it: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: peteruk

ianmartorell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to install in sysnand as well. Then you can play it in emunand (GBA only, not DSi).
That is why most people just play GBA on sysnand

Only if nands r unlinked u have to install in bo4h

Completely slipped my mind, thanks.

So I have to install the gba games on sysNAND as well for them to work on emuNAND? (my nands are unlinked). It seems weird if I only want to play in emuNAND, but I'll try, thanks! I've bricked my 3DS by carelessly installing things to sysNAND so it'll be in a few days when I find some time to hardmod it...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have to install the gba games on sysNAND as well for them to work on emuNAND? (my nands are unlinked). It seems weird if I only want to play in emuNAND, but I'll try, thanks! I've bricked my 3DS by carelessly installing things to sysNAND so it'll be in a few days when I find some time to hardmod it...
gba games don't work on N3DS emunand anyway.

ianmartorell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gba games don't work on N3DS emunand anyway.

I have an O3DS :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MicroSD in an adapter.

There is your problem :)

I've used a microSD card in an adapter for quite some time, and I've had no problems at all. I would try with the rxTools build you were using last without problems and see if that works. If it doesn't, you must have done something else besides updating rxTools.

Last edited by ianmartorell,

Skullz96x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
please help. i already have a 9.2 2ds, installed rx tools and fbi, everythings fine. if i buy a 3ds xl on 8.1, can i install rx tools and fbi EXACTLY the same way?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody noticed that the latest devkitPro on windows (with devkitARM_r45 and libctru-1.0.0, among other updates) doesn't properly compile the latest commit from Dec 5 (a08cfdd).
I went back to my older version (devkitARM_r44 and libctru-0.6.0) and everything works.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started from scratch again, probably about the sixth time now. Freshly formatted sysnand on 4.2. Made an emunand and updated to 10.3 with Gateway. Boot rxtools through mset on O3DS. (I have also tried this without updating the emunand.

I downloaded the last 4 releases of rxtools and have tried them all. I use the script in the tools folder to download the firm file and placed it in the rxtools folder. I install rxtools and it immediately locks up on the installation complete screen.

If I hold the L button to load the rxtools menu everything works except rxmode, I can even get pasta mode to work. What does rxmode use that everything else in rxtools does not?

I have used three different SD cards both standard and micro. I feel like I have done everything that can be done.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started from scratch again, probably about the sixth time now. Freshly formatted sysnand on 4.2. Made an emunand and updated to 10.3 with Gateway. Boot rxtools through mset on O3DS. (I have also tried this without updating the emunand.

I downloaded the last 4 releases of rxtools and have tried them all. I use the script in the tools folder to download the firm file and placed it in the rxtools folder. I install rxtools and it immediately locks up on the installation complete screen.

If I hold the L button to load the rxtools menu everything works except rxmode, I can even get pasta mode to work. What does rxmode use that everything else in rxtools does not?

I have used three different SD cards both standard and micro. I feel like I have done everything that can be done.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

O3DS or N3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)