Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me RXtools keeps saying: Error NATIVE_FIRM: 4 on my New 3DS. What am I doing wrong?
Probably using the wrong firmware bin (which on n3ds has to be renamed to <titleID>orig.bin and placed in /data and NOTHING named firmware.bin ANYWHERE. You get it from the reinand pastebin, not from running the .py file.

Reactions: Margen67

noahhaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably using the wrong firmware bin (which on n3ds has to be renamed to <titleID>orig.bin and placed in /data and NOTHING named firmware.bin ANYWHERE. You get it from the reinand pastebin, not from running the .py file.
I did use the Pastebin. I got the firmware.bin from there, and renamed it to what this tutorial told me to name it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/ With my New 3DS. everything worked until the step where I had to install rxtools. I created the rxTools folder, I put the folders from the latest nightly inside, then I created a data folder and in there I put the reinand firmware.bin, and then I renamed it to what the tutorial says. Then I put the .dsx and .smh files in the 3ds folder.

Then the struggle began: it kept giving me NATIVE_FIRM: 4 errors. Someone told me to change the .bin to something else, as the readmeh.txt from rxtools says too. So i did that, but it keeps giving me a black screen, I even tried using older nightlies but nothing helped. Do you have any idea?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did use the Pastebin. I got the firmware.bin from there, and renamed it to what this tutorial told me to name it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/ With my New 3DS. everything worked until the step where I had to install rxtools. I created the rxTools folder, I put the folders from the latest nightly inside, then I created a data folder and in there I put the reinand firmware.bin, and then I renamed it to what the tutorial says. Then I put the .dsx and .smh files in the 3ds folder.

Then the struggle began: it kept giving me NATIVE_FIRM: 4 errors. Someone told me to change the .bin to something else, as the readmeh.txt from rxtools says too. So i did that, but it keeps giving me a black screen, I even tried using older nightlies but nothing helped. Do you have any idea?

U don't create any folders at all as rxTools has the folders in correct path/structure already

Last edited by Shadow#1,

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
And there it is:
git pull origin master
git submodule update --init --recursive

Thanks!

But what is this for at the end?
git add --all
git commit -m "BuildBot AutoUpdate"
git push -u origin master

Not knowing too much about this stuff makes me think your script is responsible for pushing duplicate commits back...
The last part is for updating the .json and signature images, for lavanoid.github.io :)

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
rxTools build 83afbb6 doesnt work on hax 2.5
just black screen

im using themehax, hax2.5, n3ds 9.0 sysnand

edit v1: tried several times & it worked
edit v2: it doesnt work always, sometimes it wok, sometimes not

Last edited by noctis90210,

noahhaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U don't create any folders at all as rxTools has the folders in correct path/structure already
Well okay but in the end that is the same: I just created my own rxTools folder on the root and put the contents from the rxTools folder from the nightly in it. But I do have to create a data folder right within the rxTools folder, and in that I have to put the renamed firmware.bin?

Still a black screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just black screen

I have the same problem, see my post above. Do you have any idea what build will work? Or what the solution might be.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just black screen

edit v1: tried several times & it worked
edit v2: it doesnt work always, sometimes it wok, sometimes not
Not sure how to help you until the n3ds build is actually fixed, but if you can boot into pasta/devmode with anything, I highly recommend using sysupdater and a full 9.2 update from that ISO place and update to 9.2. There is really no excuse not to.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but why would updating to 9.2 help me?
same reason there are different otherapp and rop.bin payloads for every firmware version for ninjhax et al... Different firmwares require different addresses and such. It's quite easy to have one of these things work on 1 firmware and break on another. It seems the most luck is with (and more attention is given to) 9.2. If you rely on MSET for anything, delete the .cia for system settings before you use sysupdater. Although it causes a problem if you also use a Gateway. iirc Gateway relies on the 4.x MSET while rxtools uses the 6.x MSET on N3DS. That should be an example for you right there.

Last edited by urherenow,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc