Status
Not open for further replies.

Waypoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So before doing manual MSET downgrade, I wanted to see what else I was missing through rxTools 2.6. I set up the code.bin and msetdg.bin of my region and set up the QR code. The first time did execute the code and my screen flickered black/colors so I went back after resetting to test out the profile exploit and it just crashes and makes me reboot. I double check my MSET and rxTools says it's still exploitable so I launch the code again and I get "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system". Checking again the profile, it crashes and forces a reboot. My sysNAND is still 7.1.0-16U and browser is 1.7567.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused on how to set this new version up since there is no rxTools.dat and the included PDF specifies an rxTools.dat.

EDIT: I tried to use the new rxinstaller.nds and I tried the first 3 options which all result in "An Error has occurred etc."

I renamed the original rxTools folder to oldrxtools so I had a backup and copied the new rxTools folder.

Also it is not clear what the difference between 4.x and 4.x DG is. I assume DG mean Downgrade?

Also I don't see a point in having the cdn_firm.py since Nintendo removed the files unless they are now download from another server.

EDIT2: I take it back, I can still download the firmware.bin.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused on how to set this new version up since there is no rxTools.dat and the included PDF specifies an rxTools.dat.

EDIT: I tried to use the new rxinstaller.nds and I tried the first 3 options which all result in "An Error has occurred etc."

I renamed the original rxTools folder to oldrxtools so I had a backup and copied the new rxTools folder.

Also it is not clear what the difference between 4.x and 4.x DG is. I assume DG mean Downgrade?

Also I don't see a point in having the cdn_firm.py since Nintendo removed the files unless they are now download from another server.

EDIT2: I take it back, I can still download the firmware.bin.
The new one cannot be launched from mset currently. And yes, 4.x DG is for 9.x\8.x\Whatever else above 4.x.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
You CANNOT be in Gateway mode and use sysupdater or it will most likely result in a brick.
generally gateway mode? with and without spoofing is dangerous?
or just the gateway mode with spoofing is dangerous?

for example, boot into gateway mode (without emunand) it will bring me to 9.0 with spoofing... so update here is a no no... am i right?
but for example, boot into gateway mode while pressing up button, will boot into systemnand 9.0 without spoofing... so it is safe to update here?

if both no... what are the other ways on how to updte my 9.0 sysnand to 9.2 sysnan?
thanks and have a nice day...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
generally gateway mode? with and without spoofing is dangerous?
or just the gateway mode with spoofing is dangerous?

for example, boot into gateway mode (without emunand) it will bring me to 9.0 with spoofing... so update here is a no no... am i right?
but for example, boot into gateway mode while pressing up button, will boot into systemnand 9.0 without spoofing... so it is safe to update here?

if both no... what are the other ways on how to updte my 9.0 sysnand to 9.2 sysnan?
thanks and have a nice day...
Gateway does spoofing. Period. Load up rxTools with the browser. Boot devmode, which patches sig checks, but doesn't spoof. Update from there.

Reactions: noctis90210

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new one cannot be launched from mset currently. And yes, 4.x DG is for 9.x\8.x\Whatever else above 4.x.
Launching via Internet Browser doesn't work for me. Tried clearing both History an Cookies with no luck.

I bricked 2 3DS units that way.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of the latest version, it's ninjhax only. MSET support is being fixed, but right now, it doesn't work.
Sounds like this version shouldn't have been posted if the two main ways of loading it don't work. I'll try Cubic Ninja and report back.

EDIT: I wonder if it would work if we used the 2.6b version to load a signature patched sysNand through MSET that has Cubic Ninja CIA installed and then load ninjhax from there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like this version shouldn't have been posted if the two main ways of loading it don't work. I'll try Cubic Ninja and report back.
MSET was supposed to work. It may be a length issue. And Cubic Ninja works. I've used it. And it wasn't posted, it was uploaded to GitHub. For error checking. Not for general use. But we're just using it, well, just because.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSET was supposed to work. It may be a length issue. And Cubic Ninja works. I've used it. And it wasn't posted, it was uploaded to GitHub. For error checking. Not for general use. But we're just using it, well, just because.
A small bug when loading through Cubic Ninja, the text is all messed up during the Data Installation part, which fails, and the error message that follows. Once the Main Menu loads it seems fine.

EDIT: Seems like any part that uses the language files has messed up text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2