Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, I have a question: why when I create a folder and put games or applications there (in emuNAND or sysNAND) when I reboot, the items get back to the place were in?

Thanks.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Oh, I forgot to tell that I have emuNAND in 9.9 and sysNAND in 4.x...

What I trying to say its that I cannot create folders and put things there, man. I mean, yes, I can create folders and pass the thing inside there but, once I´ve been rebooting the console, the things show outside the folder and not in the folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unlink nands

But I would lost the feature of playing well GBA titles there... And, its weird because I have some other 3ds with linked nands and has no problem with the folder thing.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I would lost the feature of playing well GBA titles there... And, its weird because I have some other 3ds with linked nands and has no problem with the folder thing.

I think if you install GBA cias on both SysNand an EmuNand, it will work for unlinked Nands.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have emuNAND in 9.9 and sysNAND in 4.x...

What I trying to say its that I cannot create folders and put things there, man. I mean, yes, I can create folders and pass the thing inside there but, once I´ve been rebooting the console, the things show outside the folder and not in the folder.
Ahah, I don't understood that you create a folder in the "home menu" not in the SDcard. XD
Unlink nands
Yep, you have to unlink your nands.
No, if you install the gba games in both nands (sysNand & emuNand).

And your folder probleme is because your sysNand don't know what folder is, because it's 4.5... And folders creation option does not exist in 4.5 !

So, two solutions :
- unlink your nands.
- update your sysnand to 9.2.

Reactions: Sam_SpadeR

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ahah I don't understood that you create a folder in the "home menu" not in the SDcard. XD

Yep, you have to unlink your nands.

No, if you install the gba games in both nands.
And your folder probleme is because your sysnand don't know what folder is, because it's 4.5... And folders creation option does not exist in 4.5 !

:(!!! Damn! But, man, I can tell you I have another 3ds with linked nands and folder stuff works perfectly. Why?

And, if I unlink nands to play gba games, that means that I very limited to put a bunch of games there, right?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
:(!!! Damn! But, man, I can tell you I have another 3ds with linked nands and folder stuff works perfectly. Why?

And, if I unlink nands to play gba games, that means that I very limited to put a bunch of games there, right?
Yep, of course, with unlinked nands your gba games will take the double of the space.
Is your other 3ds in 4.5 ?
What is the other 3DS sysnand firmware?

Your limitation is the SD space only.
Exactly what I'm thinking ^^

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What is the other 3DS sysnand firmware?

Your limitation is the SD space only.

My other 3ds sttings are the same of this 3ds. Thats why I think is weird.

Im very dumb, man... Im starting get the idea of the SD space, of course but, if I install twice the gba game, would fill twice of the space in the SD card or something?

Yep, of course, with unlinked nands your gba games will take the double of the space.
Is your other 3ds in 4.5 ?

Exactly what I'm thinking ^^

Yes, man, my other 3ds is the same 4.x and 9.9 in emunand.

So thats weird, right? Why I can have all the things without problem in one 3ds and not in the other?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My other 3ds sttings are the same of this 3ds. Thats why I think is weird.

Im very dumb, man... Im starting get the idea of the SD space, of course but, if I install twice the gba game, would fill twice of the space in the SD card or something?
That's weird then.

Yes. It will take twice the space on SD card. I don't know how is price of SD card in your country. Here in the State, 64GB micro/ SDXC class 10 has been around $20 lately. If you buy in bulk and be able to find coupon, you may get like $10 a piece from time to time. So storage space for 3DS is not that big deal as it was few years ago.

Last edited by tivu100,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, man, my other 3ds is the same 4.x and 9.9 in emunand.

So thats weird, right? Why I can have all the things without problem in one 3ds and not in the other?
I think you were lucky with your other 3DS when you created, installed and putted the game into it in a good order. Try to play a little with the folders of your other 3DS and I think that the same problem will appear.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think you were lucky with your other 3DS and you created, installed and putted the game into it in a good order. Try to play a little with the folders of your other 3DS and I think that the same problem will appear.

Really? With my "good" folder thing 3ds? Im gonna try right now then!

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really? With my "good" folder thing 3ds? Im gonna try right now then!
This is possible. That's why I unlinked my nands, to many inapprehensible problems with my games order that made me crazy over time.

Now I install and play gba games only on sysNand, like this, no double installation.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is possible. That's why I unlinked my nands, to many inapprehensible problems with my games order that made me crazy over time.

Now I play gba games only on sysNand, no double install like this.

Its pretty wise, man.

Look that I tried with my other 3ds and something more weird happened: if a create some folder the problem persist but, if I put a thing in other folder already create (before emunand 9.9) it works pretty well... Which makes me believe that is a problem of the new 9.9 fw thing.

:(

Thanks, man!

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its pretty wise, man.

Look that I tried with my other 3ds and something more weird happened: if a create some folder the problem persist but, if I put a thing in other folder already create (before emunand 9.9) it works pretty well... Which makes me believe that is a problem of the new 9.9 fw thing.

:(

Thanks, man!
That's what I said, to many inapprehensible problems and this is not a version problem, the 3DS was just not done to works like this ^^

Unlinked nands is like have two different 3DS in one console.
Linked nands share the same installation & data folder in the SDcard but they are not in the same version ! So, if you think a little about that, it's normal to have bugs ^^

My advice is to update your sysnand in a closer version of your emunand, 9.2.0-20 for exemple. It will certainly reduce your problems. If you want to keep your nands linked of course.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is that on 2 O3DS systems when I downloaded the 9.2.0-20 update from 3DSNUS and installed them using sysupdater, it only updated it to 9.0.0-20. There doesn't seem to be a 9.2.0 for the O3DS, at least for the US version.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Funny thing is that on 2 O3DS systems when I downloaded the 9.2.0-20 update from 3DSNUS and installed them using sysupdater, it only updated it to 9.0.0-20. There doesn't seem to be a 9.2.0 for the O3DS, at least for the US version.
Yeah it can happen, it's a know bug, I never had this personnaly but I know that two cias in the "update" folder are not good, and to need to replace them.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There most certainly is, but 3DNUS doesn't have the necessary data to know which titles it needs to download. The easiest solution is to extract the update from the updated SSB3DS cart I've found. You can manually add the updated files to the 9.0.0-20U download though, by downloading them specifically through 3DNUS's manual method. You'd need to find the updated titles and their versions from 3DBrew though. It's a bit of a pain, but I've done it before, and it works. Just make sure to only install the updated titles for the model of 3DS you're using. Don't try to install n3DS titles, or you'll have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chronic The HempHog