Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems the problem is my 2DS, only GW can enter EmuNAND. Neither ReiNAND or rxTools won't do ...

I'll try update the sysNAND to 9.2.0-20. Finger crosses :D
Ok like that we will be sure ^^ Be carefull !
I'm not sure what fail-safes are present in rxTools, but if the SD card is too slow, it might be having trouble loading certain things in time, and giving up. If so, it would make sense to fall back on SysNAND. Beyond that, it could be dependent on if you updated the EmuNAND with GW or rxTools. Perhaps something's being done to one that isn't being done to the other. Try a fresh EmuNAND, built with the GW launcher, but then boot it with rxTools and update it from there.
Yep, good idea. Do not update with gateway, update with reiNand or rx (if it boots). Pasta for sysnand or rx in devmode...

Last edited by pakrett,

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Didn't say they were. I asked a question about them. What I answered was the latest release of rxTools that's on github. And I attempted to answer instead of being a smart a$$ and saying to take 2 freaking seconds to google... And a reply to me says doubtful?

Perhaps Ryu Kenshin should have quoted only the part about the keys (which was a question) instead of quoting the whole post. And @OctopusRift mentioned the keys on Twitter...
HEYO! Tweet me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does it still say RX3D even on sysnand ?
No, it says Ver.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok like that we will be sure ^^ Be carefull !

Yep, good idea. Do not update with gateway, update with reiNand or rx (if it boots). Pasta for sysnand or rx in devmode...

I've successfully updated My 2DS's SysNAND to 9.2.0-20. Format EmuNAND using GW. Install rxTools 3.0b6, rxTool 2.6b, ReiNAND (All detected EmuNAND existing) ... None enters to EmuNAND but GW. I'm out of luck :D

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, tried with Toshiba 4GB (bundle) and Kingstone 32GB.
Have you a previous sysnand backup (the oldest you can find) that tou can restore in your sd card with emunandtool ?
Or maybe set up your emunand with a previous version of gateway, you have the 3.3 ?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you a previous sysnand backup that tou can restore in your sd card with emunandtool ?
Or maybe set up your emunand with a previous version of gateway, you have the 3.3 ?

I don't have any previous backup of emuNAND. I'm using GW 3.2.2, the one that has successfully installed rxTools 3.0b6 (mset 6.x) on my O3DS and O3DS XL.... 2DS is so tough but funny :wacko:

Edit: I might try 3.0 anyway? :D

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have any previous backup of emuNAND. I'm using GW 3.2.2, the one that has successfully installed rxTools 3.0b6 (mset 6.x) on my O3DS and O3DS XL.... 2DS is so tough but funny :wacko:
Not an emunand backup, a sysnand backup. You can restore sysnand backup into the emunand partition, it works.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, just tried. Unfortunately, it won't work. Loads back straight away to SysNand 9.2.0-20 :D

Edit: GW launcher loaded EmuNAND and showed 7.2.0-16. None CFW loaded EmuNAND but detected, then back to SysNAND.
Insane XD ! Is your 7.2.0-16 backup clean ? (no gateway update etc...) If yes, maybe with 7.2.0-16 sysnand & emunand ?
If it fails... Yes, you have an unknown bug ^^

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Insane ^^ Is your 7.2.0-16 backup clean ? (no gateway update etc...) If yes, maybe with 7.2.0-16 sysnand & emunand ?
If it fails... Yes You have an unknown bug ^^

7.2.0-16 is clean, I think. Wifi, updated to 7.1.0-16 then updated 7.2.0-16 using Pokemon ORAS. Updated 9.2.0-16 using Gardening Mama...

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did a search on this topic and figured out that none is using 2DS 7.x+. It might be that the 7.x encryption is not integrated properly for 2DS to load EmuNand? None of working EmuNand-CFW can load so far.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
speaking 7.x o3ds I can't seem to load rxtools 3.0b6 via spider but cake's and rxtools 2.6 loads fine on 7.2.0-12

DaniOre90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
code.bin isn't compatible with this version of rxTools (w/pasta) to launch it via MSET does anyone have a code that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.