Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the mset downgrade, is it possible to add a firmware selection in the msetdg.py script?

Like downloading the 6.X mset for 7.0-9.2 and the 4.X one for 5.X.

It will be safer for 2DS users. :)

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I've managed to boot 3.0b5 from 6.X MSET, but no matter what I do I'm getting installation data failed. I've triple checked my firmware.bin, the md5 is a9dcd99a360e8629810f8ed08403d746 as it should be. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as the firmware.bin I have was working fine with 2.6c.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can try to install to manually install the patched agb_firm, some people solved the data installation problem like that. I don't know if you havr to install it on emunand or/and sysnand tough. :unsure:

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can try to install to manually install the patched agb_firm, some people solved the data installation problem like that. I don't know if you havr to install it on emunand or/and sysnand tough. :unsure:
I think that's the problem, thanks for pointing it out.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... Nothing works. I tried installing the patched ABG_FIRM, no dice. Reinstalled the clean AGB_FIRM, still hangs at data installation failed.

I don't know why would this happen. 2.6 with 4.x MSET worked fine, even though I get the error I mentioned before from time to time.

It's not just the installation data suite that fails. When I try to boot rxMode in both sysnand and emunand it fails saying "make sure you have all the necessary files in the SD of your console". Like it'd say if firmware.bin wasn't there, which it is.

Last edited by Sizednochi,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You probably have the wrong version of the firmware.bin file. How large is the file? it should be around 1.3MB in size roughly. If it's only 940KB in size that is the old one from 2.4/2.5 rxTools. It will not work with newer versions. Redownload the file using cdn_firm.py script (but make sure you use the one from newer versions of rxTools and not the old one). Use the cdn_firm file that came with the version of rxTools you are now using.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You probably have the wrong version of the firmware.bin file. How large is the file? it should be around 1.3MB in size roughly. If it's only 940KB in size that is the old one from 2.4/2.5 rxTools. It will not work with newer versions. Redownload the file using cdn_firm.py script (but make sure you use the one from newer versions of rxTools and not the old one). Use the cdn_firm file that came with the version of rxTools you are now using.
That's what I'm using, but the firmware.bin file it generates is 3.4MB, and not 1.3MB. This works with 2.6c.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware.bin recompiles and is named RXfirmware?
EDIT: Never mind, I realized That I didn't have the latest version from github.

Last edited by laramie, , Reason: Edit

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oh your using 2.6c? I think that one does produce a larger firmware.bin. Try the python script from 3.x instead just to see if that works. Which build of rxTools are you using specifically? (from which github fork did you download it from)

The firmware.bin recompiles and is named RXfirmware?

The only version of rxTools that doesn't use the normal firmware.bin name was my fork of rxTools 2.6 with CakeHAX. That one used firmwareRX.bin. However all builds of 3.0 that I had made use firmware.bin like the official builds do.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh your using 2.6c? I think that one does produce a larger firmware.bin. Try the python script from 3.x instead just to see if that works. Which build of rxTools are you using specifically? (from which github fork did you download it from)
I'm using 3.x from http://jheberg.net/mirrors/rxtools-v30b5/

The firmware.bin file it generates is 3.45mb like I said and it works with 2.6c, but fails to install on 3.x.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only version of rxTools that doesn't use the normal firmware.bin name was my fork of rxTools 2.6 with CakeHAX. That one used firmwareRX.bin. However all builds of 3.0 that I had made use firmware.bin like the official builds do.
I didn't have the latest version from GitHub... Sorry haha

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok I was wrong. 3.4MB is the filesize it should be. Your not using the file correctly because it works fine for me. I still think it's perhaps the wrong cdn_firm script you are using.
Yeah it generates that file no matter what.
I'm not sure how I'm not using it correctly. You just throw it in the SD root and that's it right? Unless my problem is related to something else. I guess it probably is.

I guess I'll just continue using 2.6c for the time being until an official release is out.

EDIT: Alright, something is wrong here. I put 2.6c back, and it installed data fine. Then I switched the rxTools.dat for the 3.x one - it gives me the error again, but this time booting into rxMode works.

Weird behavior. Well I'll just wait for the official release...

Last edited by Sizednochi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol