Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ah ah Roxas75, Ninjhax is working on 8.1.0-18E!! This is amazing man! :) Good job!
Bonus, I was able to launch the game CN (retail) from RX-Emunand!

Roxxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I downgraded the MSET on my 9.2 old3DS. I read in the forum that it is possible to install MSET exploits without a DS flashcard, but nobody explains it on the other hand..... So how do install the RxTools MSET exploit?

G-dragonF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I downgraded the MSET on my 9.2 old3DS. I read in the forum that it is possible to install MSET exploits without a DS flashcard, but nobody explains it on the other hand..... So how do install the RxTools MSET exploit?
I have tried it,it doesn‘t work

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: WeedZ and Fatalanus

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
To every user, pay attention to my posts before operating much with NANDs.
With 2.5, the operazions between sysnand and emunand were bugged, now with the latest builds of rxTools.dat (That you find in the OP) it is fixed.

Also, i updated the Ninjhax support, download the new rxtools.3dsx here, and test it!
OMG, thank you, my 3ds is just perfect now...

Yupz, works perfect :) (Old3DS)
Cubic Ninja (Sysnand 9.2) -> Boot homebrew launcher and click rxTools -> boots rxMode (Emunand 9.8) -> Ready to play :), no spider (webkit) exploit needed!

Thanks @Roxas75

Reactions: zero2exe

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
@Roxas75 you should release 2.6 with the "Little Update" included, because all most people will download 2.5, and this version doesn't have this bugs fixed.

I think it...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Source finally compiles now it seems. However mset rop loader is broken in the new source. You forgot some needed files. Also I still have to adjust the make file for arm9 code of rxMode or that part doesn't compile due to missing command. Error I see when attempting to build mset:

Code:
C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master\msethax>make
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Spenser/Desktop/rxTools-master/msethax/rxi
nstaller'
ARMIPS Assembler v0.7d (Apr  1 2013 10:09:41) by Kingcom
rop/mset4x.s(5) error: Could not create file data/mset4x.bin
Aborting.
make[1]: *** [data/mset4x.bin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Spenser/Desktop/rxTools-master/msethax/rxin
staller'
make: *** [rxinstaller.nds] Error 2

C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master\msethax>

As for the makefile for rxMode. This is what I did to it for it to finally compile:

(Found in rxmode\source\arm9, not the one in the base rxmode directory)

Code:
CC=C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc
CP=arm-none-eabi-g++
OC=C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\arm-none-eabi-objcopy
OD=arm-none-eabi-objdump
LD=arm-none-eabi-ld

PATCHES= source/EmuNAND.s source/CreateThread.s source/myThread/FS.s
CFLAGS=-c -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -mlittle-endian -fshort-wchar -std=c99
SFLAGS=-c -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -mlittle-endian -fshort-wchar
# No linker flags yet, but here if you need it
LDFLAGS=

all:
   $(CC) -g -Wall source/myThread/myThread.c source/myThread/lib.c $(CFLAGS)
   $(CC) -g $(PATCHES) -I source/myThread $(SFLAGS)
   $(CC) -nostdlib -T 3ds.ld EmuNAND.o CreateThread.o myThread.o lib.o FS.o
   $(OC) -O binary a.out arm9.bin
#$(OD) -t a.out
   rm -f *.o *.out
   mv arm9.bin ../../build/0801a4c0.bin

I had to specify direct paths to arm-none-eabi-gcc and arm-none-eabi-objcopy. If I didn't, rxMode would not work with the resulting build (instead showing "command not found" when make tries to use those programs. If I were to attempt to boot rxMode with the resulting rxTools.dat, it would black screen)

I don't know why this occurs. All I know is doing that made it work.

I do know it's compiling the payload.bin file now because I made a simple string change to the menu as a test and saw the change with the resulting rxTools.dat once booted on 3DS. I don't think ninjhax is building correctly either. The ninjhax binaires aren't updated in the release folder after doing a build and the new makefile and build.bat doesn't pause in each section like it used to so I don't get a chance to see the error. Though if I go to the "brahma" folder and run make from there, it does build a 3dsx/smdh file. Maybe they aren't getting renamed and moved over to the release folder location yet?

Another thing. I noticed it's wanting to copy rxTools.dat after building to drive G:.

I don't really understand why it's doing that. Might need to fix that. Most people probably don't have a drive using that letter. I happen to have a hard-drive with that, so I end up with a copy of rxTools sitting there for no reason. :P

EDIT: Nevermind on the Ninjhax stuff not building. I think it did build Ninjhax stuff, because I did see updated ninjhax binaries in the release folder. Guess that first time was a fluke or I misread the date modified time stamps

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a little unclear on this - presently, GBA titles don't work in devmode on 4.x sysnand? Like I said the other day about booting with X, I booted devmode and while everything else seems okay, GBA games in particular don't seem to appear at all... Unless this is like other threads I've seen where the GBA game has to be installed to both sysNAND and emuNAND to work. They APPEAR on sysnand, but their banners don't appear and they won't boot. Trying to install them again just gives an "already exists" error. My NANDs are linked.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm a little unclear on this - presently, GBA titles don't work in devmode on 4.x sysnand? Like I said the other day about booting with X, I booted devmode and while everything else seems okay, GBA games in particular don't seem to appear at all... Unless this is like other threads I've seen where the GBA game has to be installed to both sysNAND and emuNAND to work. They APPEAR on sysnand, but their banners don't appear and they won't boot. Trying to install them again just gives an "already exists" error. My NANDs are linked.
According to Roxas, we can't use DevMode if our sysnand is on 4.X ...
Side note, you don't have to install on sysnand and emunand, especially since your nands are linked.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

They do, but you have to install them on the sysnand obviously. (and event if you have the already installrd erro with BBM, it should be enough to add the ticket in the sysnand). You need also to have the patched agb_firm installed on your sysnand.

According to Roxas, we can't use DevMode if our sysnand is on 4.X ...
Side note, you don't have to install on sysnand and emunand, especially since your nands are linked.

It works fine for me on 4.2E.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They do, but you have to install them on the sysnand obviously. (and event if you have the already installrd erro with BBM, it should be enough to add the ticket in the sysnand). You need also to have the patched agb_firm installed on your sysnand.

Ohhh he just means FBI won't launch, sorry for the misinformation @Jaitsu .

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do I go about adding the ticket? I only know how to do a full extraction and injection of ticket.db. Is there a way now to inject individual tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1